Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-28-2008, 07:56 AM   #1
literacylaunchpad
Registered Users
Formerly: acw1

Now he doesn't sleep at night

My LO (almost 8 weeks old) had been having some major fussy issues during the daytime (as some of you probably read in my previous posts). He always did great at night though. He actually was waking only once during the night and then getting up at 6 a.m. (he went down for the night around 9:30 p.m.). And I could always put him down for bed so easily.

Well the past few days have been great DAYS. He's been on a good napping and eating routine and has been so much happier.

BUT now he doesn't want to sleep at night! After reading Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child, I have been watching to see when he gets drowsy and put him down at that point. So he's been going down now at like 9:00 (after a bath, feeding, etc.). But he's been waking up a lot at night. He usually wakes up for his first feeding at varying times each night, then later he'll poop and I have to get him up and change him, and then by 4:00 he's constantly waking up and won't go back to bed or stay asleep. We try everything.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a normal thing for a baby this little? Anybody experienced this with their LO? Is there any way to encourage better nighttime sleep?

Advertisement

literacylaunchpad is offline   Reply With Quote