Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-27-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
spirited
Banned

My Mood:
Do you ever at times wish you could keep your child in a bubble

from all the evil things and mean people...? Well today I wish I could've we were at the park and my 3 year old asked this other boy whom was I say 3 or 4 to play soccer together.

The words that came out of this boy I was just shocked

"I dont want to play with you becuase I dont like you, your fat and ugly you cant play soccer. Get away from me I dont like you...

Ok first off who in the world taught you to say things like that, Thats what I was thinking in my head..
The mother was to busy talking to another lady to interrupt... Maybe I should've becuase that was just plain awful....

My poor little boy was devastated and hurt that he cried the whole way home from the park... Tears streaming down his precious face and the little lip quivering... The first ? out of his mouth am I fat and ugly?

I was so hurt for him, I've done such a good job to teach my children respect, manners and sincerity. Not to toot my own horn or anything.

My son has never even hear words like that...

Why are there such cruel people, sometimes I wish that I could always protect him from situations like this.., but I know I cant and that I have to do the best to teach him about situations like this

Now talk about killing his confidence in meeting new friends.

Advertisement

spirited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
Shay2633
Registered Users
seller

Re: Do you ever at times wish you could keep your child in a bubble

Oh how terrible for your poor DS
I think of things like this always. I wish I could lock Zoe up in the house and keep her far far away from all the evils in this world...

I could cry for your poor baby!
Old 08-27-2008, 08:43 PM   #3
MW69842
Banned/ Member requested
formerly equivocal
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry for your sweet son.

I totally agree with where you're coming from. I want to protect my daughter from anything and everything negative.

My partner's mom called her a "brat" a couple of weekends ago and I flipped my lid. I was seriously livid and she didn't see the reason why. She apologized and said she meant to use a different word, but come on.

Oh... and today, at daycare, my daughter was bit by another child. She was playing with a toy and he came over to take it from her and she told him "no" and scooted it away from him and he took her arm and bit down and took the toy anyway. She has a bruise on her arm and teeth scraps.

To top it off... the daycare won't tell us WHO bit her for "confidentiality" reasons.
MW69842 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #4
mbsr76
Registered Users

Oh, that made me so sad for your little one Bless his heart. I would be heartbroken and seriously angry if someone hurt my baby like that. It's so sad that kids learn to say such awful things at that early of an age.
mbsr76 is offline   Reply With Quote