Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-02-2014, 07:18 AM   #81
missemily
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Any mamas out there that wear skirts exclusively?

I wear black sneakers or boots with skirts. I don't exclusively wear skirts but I only wear pants probably two times a month.

Advertisement

Old 04-17-2014, 12:55 PM   #82
812ajack
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just thought I'd ask your opinion cause it's been weighing on me. The pastor during his sermon on Sunday was trying to make a point of how it doesn't matter what is on the outside but inside that counts (which I liked and is fine) but then went on to say that you don't have to wear your skirts down to your ankle and put your hair in an ugly (and yes he said exactly this) bun to worship God. IDK, I guess I just took offense cause I do wear skirts to the ankle all the time now and do wear my hair in a bun a lot and I think I look nice (as does my DH). Granted I'm not spending an hour on my make-up or hair etc... but I also have 6 kids so Maybe it's not a big deal but it just made me feel bad when he said it. I didn't always dress like this but after having daughters I felt called to by God to do so because this is how I want my girls to dress also. Am I just being to sensitive?
Old 04-17-2014, 02:03 PM   #83
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I don't think you're being sensitive. I think he should have chosen a different word besides "ugly."
I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 02:28 PM   #84
MrsAsh
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't see how you can separate the inside and outside like everyone seems to try to do today. The outside is a reflection of the inside, be it dress, talk, or action. Both count, both can be forgiven when in the wrong, PTL for that!! I think his words were unwisely chosen and judgmental. Not all buns are created equal and modesty is def a Biblical teaching. I'd be a bit put off by it as well.
Old 05-12-2014, 10:53 PM   #85
Bonnetha
Registered Users
seller

I wear skirts exclusively, too, and have been for 8 years :-) Like others have said, a long skirt is more modest, but also helps to present a more feminine and put together look. Most of mine are homemade or from the thrift store, but sometime I'd like to purchase a skirt (or 10!) from the skirt outlet:

http://www.theskirtoutlet.com/

I look at their skirts for inspiration a lot of times before sewing my own.
Happy wife and mom of 3! Expecting #4 in March
Bonnetha is offline   Reply With Quote