Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #81
dannic
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,733
Re: Black friday!!

True. I just wondered if everyone would get their hopes up for a 20% off plus free shipping plus freebies sale (CD Heaven?!!!=) and then be disappointed with the reality of cd black friday. In my dreams, though, I hope to see retailers competing for the most.awesome.BFsales.ever. LOL.

Advertisement

__________________
caution: nak
typos possible
dannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #82
P!nkPepper's Avatar
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Midwest
Posts: 9,614
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic
True. I just wondered if everyone would get their hopes up for a 20% off plus free shipping plus freebies sale (CD Heaven?!!!=) and then be disappointed with the reality of cd black friday. In my dreams, though, I hope to see retailers competing for the most.awesome.BFsales.ever. LOL.
I don't expect too much awesomeness. I have read the threads about opening up your own cd store & how little the owners make. However, having huge super duper over the top sales for like the first hour is always awesomesauce. I stayed up late last year & scored big.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #83
momomom's Avatar
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 3,765
My Mood:
Re: Black friday!!

I guess, in my view, if a store offers some really great sales sometimes, and I got a great deal because of that, plus customer service was excellent, then that store just 'bought' me as a loyal customer- kwim? Obviously no one can run crazy sales all the time or even often, but as a once in a while thing, it does score a store customers who wouldn't otherwise try out their store.

I will buy my stuff wherever the deals are best on BF, and if I also get customer sevrice I like, I'll go back the next time I need something, obviously not expecting a killer deal again, but for the cs. I just had a bad cs experience with a big cd retailer. I bought during a sale for the good deal. It was resolved ok in the end, but I had to get cranky and it left a really bad taste in my mouth. I was going to place a large order of other baby stuff from them, but in the end, I didn't want to go back to them after having to wheedle and whine to get them to take back something I considered quite defective.

I didn't even know Sweet Pickles existed b4 this thread, but I will definitely be checking them out 12:01 am on Black Friday!!!
__________________
Mo, wife to Ed, SAHM to Isaiah 3-04,Rosemary 1-07, John Paul 9-09, Ivy Ana 8-12, Azalea9-15
I teach Natural Family Planning! PM me for more info.
http://breadwithhoney.blogspot.com
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #84
theobroma
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 10
Re: Black friday!!

When I first started buying cloth two years ago, it was all about price and getting a good deal. As I have continued to buy, I appreciate more the fact that this industry is a very small and human one compared to most so squeezing every last dollar out of a transaction is not as important. Still, Black Friday for me is about having fun and the deep discounts encourage me to try new products and new retailers that I might not have tried otherwise. Looking forward to my third cloth diaper Black Friday (incidentally, cloth is the ONLY thing I buy on BF)!
theobroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #85
Kabuki24's Avatar
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,446
My Mood:
Re: Black friday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m View Post
I am probably going come off somewhat negative with this comment but I feel it is important to share. The markup on diapers is not big at all, a 20% discount when considering the cost to have products shipped to the retailer, credit card/paypal fees and all the other costs for running a business puts that sale in the red (meaning the retailer is giving away and then some) which is obviously not sustainable and why we see so many stores that constantly offer sales go out of business super fast. They get burnt out from the massive amount of.orders only to find that they now owe more and didn't make a cent. If the manufacturer can afford a discount (again the margin they also have is thin usually due to the larger cost of manufacturing in the US but still trying to offer their products at a competitive price), then I as a retailer can offer a bigger discount but that is the only time (unless I am clearing out a line) that I can afford to do that. I love sales too but keep in mind that the cost isn't like other baby items where the mark up is at least 100% because it isn't.
A retailer can also place very big orders with vendors and get volume discounts and therefore pass some of that savings onto the customer. Also doing this reduces the number of shipments a retailers needs, therefore shipping costs from the manu to the retailers is grately reduced by eliminating multiple shipments.
__________________
DSMOMS for 5% off at My Sweet Pickles! Freebies and good deals always going on!
Find us on Facebook!
Kabuki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #86
Kabuki24's Avatar
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 5,446
My Mood:
Re: Black friday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
I guess, in my view, if a store offers some really great sales sometimes, and I got a great deal because of that, plus customer service was excellent, then that store just 'bought' me as a loyal customer- kwim? Obviously no one can run crazy sales all the time or even often, but as a once in a while thing, it does score a store customers who wouldn't otherwise try out their store.

I will buy my stuff wherever the deals are best on BF, and if I also get customer sevrice I like, I'll go back the next time I need something, obviously not expecting a killer deal again, but for the cs. I just had a bad cs experience with a big cd retailer. I bought during a sale for the good deal. It was resolved ok in the end, but I had to get cranky and it left a really bad taste in my mouth. I was going to place a large order of other baby stuff from them, but in the end, I didn't want to go back to them after having to wheedle and whine to get them to take back something I considered quite defective.

I didn't even know Sweet Pickles existed b4 this thread, but I will definitely be checking them out 12:01 am on Black Friday!!!
The store has been around for about 5 1/2 years actually, but had a very local focus for most of those years. New website and new owners early this summer, so completely different store.
__________________
DSMOMS for 5% off at My Sweet Pickles! Freebies and good deals always going on!
Find us on Facebook!
Kabuki24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #87
dannic
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,733
Re: Black friday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by theobroma View Post
When I first started buying cloth two years ago, it was all about price and getting a good deal. As I have continued to buy, I appreciate more the fact that this industry is a very small and human one compared to most so squeezing every last dollar out of a transaction is not as important. Still, Black Friday for me is about having fun and the deep discounts encourage me to try new products and new retailers that I might not have tried otherwise. Looking forward to my third cloth diaper Black Friday (incidentally, cloth is the ONLY thing I buy on BF)!
This is my third cd black friday too. Happy anniversay, lol! And yes, that's all I buy then, too, lol.

And as a PP said, I am looking for some awesomesauce, too.
__________________
caution: nak
typos possible
dannic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #88
Squig'sMumMum's Avatar
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 4,959
Re: Black friday!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
I guess, in my view, if a store offers some really great sales sometimes, and I got a great deal because of that, plus customer service was excellent, then that store just 'bought' me as a loyal customer- kwim? Obviously no one can run crazy sales all the time or even often, but as a once in a while thing, it does score a store customers who wouldn't otherwise try out their store.

I will buy my stuff wherever the deals are best on BF, and if I also get customer sevrice I like, I'll go back the next time I need something, obviously not expecting a killer deal again, but for the cs. I just had a bad cs experience with a big cd retailer. I bought during a sale for the good deal. It was resolved ok in the end, but I had to get cranky and it left a really bad taste in my mouth. I was going to place a large order of other baby stuff from them, but in the end, I didn't want to go back to them after having to wheedle and whine to get them to take back something I considered quite defective.

I didn't even know Sweet Pickles existed b4 this thread, but I will definitely be checking them out 12:01 am on Black Friday!!!
on all counts!


I don't expect 20% off, but it is one thing that would get me to buy right away. I am in need of a few things and have been waiting on Black Friday/Cyber Monday to see if there are any good deals. Less than 20%? I'll think about it, but I won't necessarily commit.
__________________
DH & I happily welcomed Squig March '08 and Hiccup March '12

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #89
ajbailey89's Avatar
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 5,221
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty
I would love a sale on sized swaddlebees simplex <3
__________________
April + Stephen = Eva, Reese, and Baby 3.0 (due Nov '14)
ajbailey89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #90
MrsFelton2009's Avatar
MrsFelton2009
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,138
Does GMD have a black friday special? Or can I buy my WH now? Lol
MrsFelton2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.