Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #81
dannic
Registered Users

Re: Black friday!!

True. I just wondered if everyone would get their hopes up for a 20% off plus free shipping plus freebies sale (CD Heaven?!!!=) and then be disappointed with the reality of cd black friday. In my dreams, though, I hope to see retailers competing for the most.awesome.BFsales.ever. LOL.

Advertisement

Old 11-03-2012, 02:07 PM   #82
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannic
True. I just wondered if everyone would get their hopes up for a 20% off plus free shipping plus freebies sale (CD Heaven?!!!=) and then be disappointed with the reality of cd black friday. In my dreams, though, I hope to see retailers competing for the most.awesome.BFsales.ever. LOL.
I don't expect too much awesomeness. I have read the threads about opening up your own cd store & how little the owners make. However, having huge super duper over the top sales for like the first hour is always awesomesauce. I stayed up late last year & scored big.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:39 PM   #83
momomom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I guess, in my view, if a store offers some really great sales sometimes, and I got a great deal because of that, plus customer service was excellent, then that store just 'bought' me as a loyal customer- kwim? Obviously no one can run crazy sales all the time or even often, but as a once in a while thing, it does score a store customers who wouldn't otherwise try out their store.

I will buy my stuff wherever the deals are best on BF, and if I also get customer sevrice I like, I'll go back the next time I need something, obviously not expecting a killer deal again, but for the cs. I just had a bad cs experience with a big cd retailer. I bought during a sale for the good deal. It was resolved ok in the end, but I had to get cranky and it left a really bad taste in my mouth. I was going to place a large order of other baby stuff from them, but in the end, I didn't want to go back to them after having to wheedle and whine to get them to take back something I considered quite defective.

I didn't even know Sweet Pickles existed b4 this thread, but I will definitely be checking them out 12:01 am on Black Friday!!!
momomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #84
theobroma
Registered Users

When I first started buying cloth two years ago, it was all about price and getting a good deal. As I have continued to buy, I appreciate more the fact that this industry is a very small and human one compared to most so squeezing every last dollar out of a transaction is not as important. Still, Black Friday for me is about having fun and the deep discounts encourage me to try new products and new retailers that I might not have tried otherwise. Looking forward to my third cloth diaper Black Friday (incidentally, cloth is the ONLY thing I buy on BF)!
theobroma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #85
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by m&m&m View Post
I am probably going come off somewhat negative with this comment but I feel it is important to share. The markup on diapers is not big at all, a 20% discount when considering the cost to have products shipped to the retailer, credit card/paypal fees and all the other costs for running a business puts that sale in the red (meaning the retailer is giving away and then some) which is obviously not sustainable and why we see so many stores that constantly offer sales go out of business super fast. They get burnt out from the massive amount of.orders only to find that they now owe more and didn't make a cent. If the manufacturer can afford a discount (again the margin they also have is thin usually due to the larger cost of manufacturing in the US but still trying to offer their products at a competitive price), then I as a retailer can offer a bigger discount but that is the only time (unless I am clearing out a line) that I can afford to do that. I love sales too but keep in mind that the cost isn't like other baby items where the mark up is at least 100% because it isn't.
A retailer can also place very big orders with vendors and get volume discounts and therefore pass some of that savings onto the customer. Also doing this reduces the number of shipments a retailers needs, therefore shipping costs from the manu to the retailers is grately reduced by eliminating multiple shipments.
Old 11-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #86
Kabuki24
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post
I guess, in my view, if a store offers some really great sales sometimes, and I got a great deal because of that, plus customer service was excellent, then that store just 'bought' me as a loyal customer- kwim? Obviously no one can run crazy sales all the time or even often, but as a once in a while thing, it does score a store customers who wouldn't otherwise try out their store.

I will buy my stuff wherever the deals are best on BF, and if I also get customer sevrice I like, I'll go back the next time I need something, obviously not expecting a killer deal again, but for the cs. I just had a bad cs experience with a big cd retailer. I bought during a sale for the good deal. It was resolved ok in the end, but I had to get cranky and it left a really bad taste in my mouth. I was going to place a large order of other baby stuff from them, but in the end, I didn't want to go back to them after having to wheedle and whine to get them to take back something I considered quite defective.

I didn't even know Sweet Pickles existed b4 this thread, but I will definitely be checking them out 12:01 am on Black Friday!!!
The store has been around for about 5 1/2 years actually, but had a very local focus for most of those years. New website and new owners early this summer, so completely different store.
Old 11-03-2012, 03:30 PM   #87
dannic
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by theobroma View Post
When I first started buying cloth two years ago, it was all about price and getting a good deal. As I have continued to buy, I appreciate more the fact that this industry is a very small and human one compared to most so squeezing every last dollar out of a transaction is not as important. Still, Black Friday for me is about having fun and the deep discounts encourage me to try new products and new retailers that I might not have tried otherwise. Looking forward to my third cloth diaper Black Friday (incidentally, cloth is the ONLY thing I buy on BF)!
This is my third cd black friday too. Happy anniversay, lol! And yes, that's all I buy then, too, lol.

And as a PP said, I am looking for some awesomesauce, too.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:38 PM   #88
Squig'sMumMum
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by momomom View Post

on all counts!

I don't expect 20% off, but it is one thing that would get me to buy right away. I am in need of a few things and have been waiting on Black Friday/Cyber Monday to see if there are any good deals. Less than 20%? I'll think about it, but I won't necessarily commit.

If there are any typos or grammatical errors I was probably NAK, apologies in advance!
Squig'sMumMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:36 PM   #89
ajbailey89
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lecialefty
I would love a sale on sized swaddlebees simplex <3
Old 11-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #90
MrsFelton2009