Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-16-2018, 08:13 PM   #11
nothingtosee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Second pregnancy differences?

This time around I'm SO MUCH SICKER. Like, all the time, instead of just when I ate like last time. Showed sooner, way more tired, more heartburn, smells bother me this time, sleeping is hard way too early, etc.

Advertisement

Old 02-16-2018, 10:17 PM   #12
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

I thought I was a lot sicker this time, but yesterday DH reminded me of all my embarrassing vomit moments last time, so I guess I'm not sicker this time. I think it just feels like it because I'm home and have time to think about it and notice it more. When I had to get up and get going each morning for work, and had to work all day and no time to consider the couch, I just pushed through. Now I just want to take a nap. But I haven't actually vomited yet, and especially not anywhere embarrassing. I still have a few opportunities coming up though.
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:02 PM   #13
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 1st two were both boys, 19 months apart. Sickness was identical. I didn't show sooner. I had a major medical event early on in 2nd, DS1 weaned, all during morning sickness and I ended up losing weight down to my high school weight. Then I only gained a total of about half what I gained the first time! Aside from becoming high risk, having tons of appointments and treatments, everything else was pretty much the same.

Since then I've had 4 more babies, a 12 wk m/c, and am 20 wks now. #3 and 4 were worse morning sickness--and they were girls, but it was also my busiest time of life (fostering babies at the same time). #5 and 6 and my m/c all had m/s worse than #1&2, not as bad as #3&4, and now this current pg I was puky-er than the rest, but wasn't nearly so miserable--I was getting tons of sleep which I never did before.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 11:19 PM   #14
Kcolleran
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first I had no morning sickness at all and my second I was nauseous all day every day for my entire first tri which made eating hard so I was under weight and even once I entered my second tri and starting eating everything because I wasn't feeling sick anymore I could never quite catch up to what I "should" be gaining but it didn't affect my sweet bot at all, lol. I think that may be why I didn't really show any sooner than my first. I also had worse heartburn and it started sooner. And of course I agree with everyone about chasing a toddler, lol, but my little girl was alway calm when she was little and made it much easier on me. With my first I was finishing my bachelors degree my first tri and then worked full time up until the day I went into labor so I felt like I was more tired during that pregnancy.
Kcolleran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2018, 06:53 AM   #15
BabyRoo2018
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingtosee View Post
This time around I'm SO MUCH SICKER. Like, all the time, instead of just when I ate like last time. Showed sooner, way more tired, more heartburn, smells bother me this time, sleeping is hard way too early, etc.
All of this^^^^! Though this is my 3rd time around. 2nd time around was just the same as 1st, no symptoms at all & the only difference is I felt the baby move sooner.

This 3rd time, I have had every symptom from morning sickness 24/7 , extreme exhaustion , & headaches 24/7 the whole 1st trimester. I even ended up with a SCH at 9 weeks & was put on bed rest. I lost 5lbs (not to bad compared to some) but I did not start gaining weight till the middle of my 2nd trimester. Now I am 2 weeks out from 3rd trimester & feeling pretty good now except for some heavy exhaustion here & there.

BTW my 1st 2 were both girls & this 1 is a boy! (& 11yrs between my 2nd & 3rd)

I am also ALOT hairier (my tummy is a big peach fuzz ball lol & the hair on my legs & everywhere is growing sooo fast) & baby boys HB is always 140 (both girls were always closer to 160 the whole time). <<-- I know old wives tales but it is interesting.

Last edited by BabyRoo2018; 03-11-2018 at 06:55 AM.
BabyRoo2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 01:17 PM   #16
Biggiesmum
Registered Users

My second pregnancy has basically been the same as my first just everything is harder lol. A little bit sicker a lot more tired and uncomfortable earlier.
Biggiesmum is offline   Reply With Quote