Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-21-2017, 07:53 AM   #21
Crumpkin
Registered Users

Re: Choosing Baby Names (w/o killing your husband)

My DH and I are in the exact same boat! I prefer some older, unique names, while he wants all these crazy names like Butch and Mitch Hahaha, I just can't take it! I am 17 weeks and we have some time, but I'd love to nail down at least a few!

Good Luck

Advertisement

Crumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 03:33 PM   #22
MichiganMama
Registered Users

Maybe you could try making new names with names you both like, almost like a game. It would probably be really funny--maybe the silliness of it would take some stress out of the conversation--and you might stumble upon something with a nice mix if traditional and original that you wouldn't have thought of before!
MichiganMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:56 AM   #23
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

We keep playing the Either Or game- you each make lists made of names you like, then go through them- Do you prefer Emma or Jenna? - Cross one out- do this over and over, and you will end up with some that you both like. We both have names that we love that the other refuses- like Charlotte I"ve loved it since DD1, but he always rejects it. Now it's getting really popular, but 14 years ago it wasn't! We have rules for our names, too, and it's really hard to agree! DH never wants to even discuss names until we know boy or girl- he says it cuts down half of the disagreements My rules are not super popular- as in not in the top 20 in the last 5 years (which takes out Emily, Ella, ect.), short one or two syllables since our last name is longer, a real name that can easily be read correctly, prefer names without nicknames (DH and I both use NNs, and none of our kids do, we call them their given name).

We are starting with just trying to find a first name, and we will figure out the middle name later. It isn't unheard of for us to take a few names to the hospital and decide after we look at baby- this is probably what will happen this time. I'm 27 weeks! Still no name, but we do have a list
Old 07-10-2017, 01:25 PM   #24
hopeworks
Registered Users
seller

My only suggestion is whatever you do, please don't pick your baby name when you are in active labor. We did exactly this and my husband ended up winning for obvious reasons
hopeworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 10:37 AM   #25
Crumpkin
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Thinker View Post
DH never wants to even discuss names until we know boy or girl- he says it cuts down half of the disagreements
I think this is good advice. My DH and I just sort of fell into this since life is just so busy, but now that we know we're having a girl, it's easier to be intentional about our picking instead of the what if's between a boy or girl.
Crumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote