Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-13-2017, 12:42 PM   #11
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

Re: I feel so bad but I let her cry to sleep

(Hugs) (hugs) and more (hugs)

I had one that would cry, what I thought was for no reason. It took a long time for me to figure out he has a 4 hour delayed reaction from a dairy allergy.

There's a lot more to it that I could share if you think it helps. But for me, something just didn't sit well.

It is hard. I hope you get some rest and she sleeps well for you soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

Old 12-13-2017, 12:51 PM   #12
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

She was a good sleeper Teething is the quick answer but she had a well baby recently in case something is really wrong?
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 12:59 PM   #13
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

That may make sense if she was a good sleeper the first 6 months then. If that's the time food, or a new food was being introduced.

Old 12-13-2017, 01:10 PM   #14
Brinae89
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mykidsaremyheart View Post
(Hugs) (hugs) and more (hugs)

I had one that would cry, what I thought was for no reason. It took a long time for me to figure out he has a 4 hour delayed reaction from a dairy allergy.

There's a lot more to it that I could share if you think it helps. But for me, something just didn't sit well.

It is hard. I hope you get some rest and she sleeps well for you soon.

It sounds like it could be a food allergy. Not sure what you feed her or if youíve changed anything sense sheís been born but I would cut out dairy for a bit and see if it helps.

Brinae89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:51 PM   #15
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Thank you all for the advice. I offer her pretty much anything the rest of us are eating but she is not a big eater. How do I cut out dairy with a one year old and whole milk?

Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 10:21 PM   #16
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Did it start when you switched to whole milk? Is she the one who was having a hard time with the switch?
Old 12-13-2017, 10:32 PM   #17
mykidsaremyheart
Registered Users
seller

I nurse until at least 2, so I'm not sure working around that. Is there a formula she did well on, perhaps while she did sleep through the night?

Before we found out my son couldn't have dairy, he naturally refused certain foods- ice cream, a glass of milk for sure. But he'd eat yoghurt and string cheese, but he was also constipated a lot from those, even though he wouldn't eat much. Oddly- he can eat certain chocolate & Doritos. He will become congested for sure if he's on the verge of getting sick & we linked it to him having to pee & pee a LOT. He was my heavy wetter before we figured this out. My other kids have dairy sensitivities, and it bothers them differently.

That being said, he's my 2nd of 6 kids. It used to stress me out that they were missing a huge food group. I can't think of anything that we do differently than avoid it & use some dairy alternatives (no soy!!!) I used to worry that dairy alternatives were much more expensive, but after I thought of how much healthier they've become since going dairy-free (mostly lol) we've been to the dr much less. I can think of maybe twice???? In the last 9ish years for ear infections (once when someone said something was dairy-free & it turned out having cream cheese).

That said- for my family is dairy. Seems to be other families it's gluten. I don't think it affects everyone the same.

Old 12-13-2017, 10:48 PM   #18
Brinae89
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by missydawn View Post
Thank you all for the advice. I offer her pretty much anything the rest of us are eating but she is not a big eater. How do I cut out dairy with a one year old and whole milk?

I donít know about for every baby but my 14 month old and I drink lactaid whole milk and he does just fine with it. Before he was screaming at night if I or him drank milk, I might add I tried lots of other milk alternatives as well but eventually tried this and heís been fine. If she is just intolerant it will be fine for her too but if she is actually allergic it will still mess with her tummy because lactaid is just real milk that has the lactaid (sugar in milk) already processed so your body doesnít have to work so hard to digest it.

Brinae89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:50 AM   #19
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brinae89 View Post
I donít know about for every baby but my 14 month old and I drink lactaid whole milk and he does just fine with it. Before he was screaming at night if I or him drank milk, I might add I tried lots of other milk alternatives as well but eventually tried this and heís been fine. If she is just intolerant it will be fine for her too but if she is actually allergic it will still mess with her tummy because lactaid is just real milk that has the lactaid (sugar in milk) already processed so your body doesnít have to work so hard to digest it.

Actually, lactaid doesn't have the lactose already processed. Milk naturally contains the enzyme needed for your body to break down the lactose. When they pasteurize the milk, they destroy that enzyme. Lactaid has that enzyme added back into the milk.

Missy, don't feel bad, but definitely look into switching milks. My son we knew had a dairy issue. At one point we forgot to tell the babysitter no milk for him (normally we had some he could have, but we were out that night), and she gave him some. No noticeable reaction, so we thought he'd outgrown it. He had night terrors for the next 6 months because for some stupid reason it took me that long to figure out what the problem was. We put him back on lactaid and the night terrors went away.

Also, for him, and you might find it's the same for your LO, he was okay with small amounts of cheese and with yogurt. It was only milk that bothered him.
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:29 AM   #20
missydawn
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLlama View Post
Did it start when you switched to whole milk? Is she the one who was having a hard time with the switch?

Both of them were having problems. I did go and buy the infant formula they were on and trying that for a few days. Can gluten intolerance cause the same reaction? Around the time she stopped sleeping we introduced baby cereal and she does eat crackers and noodles.

Homeschool Buyer CO-OP = Great Homeschool Deals
missydawn is offline   Reply With Quote