Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-17-2018, 02:16 PM   #1
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Planner Talk...

So I see planners and planners is a big thing like scrapbooking used to be. Anyone into it?

I am fairly picky about my planners. Every year I'm looking for the greatest and best but I'm also thrifty and won't spend more than a certain amount.

What planning tools do you use?

Advertisement

Old 07-18-2018, 07:20 AM   #2
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: Planner Talk...

I love paper planners. I have tried the print out kind in recent years but I found a pretty flamingo bound one I am using for this year. I love that it's undated because sometimes I don't use it for a couple weeks.
With this one I can jump right back in.

I'm trying to figure out how to use it for school though. Not having too much luck with that.

I also have two big glass calendars I made. One for meals-supposedly, and one for school. I just wrote birthdays and Dr. Appts on the meals one.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:01 AM   #3
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
I love paper planners. I have tried the print out kind in recent years but I found a pretty flamingo bound one I am using for this year. I love that it's undated because sometimes I don't use it for a couple weeks.
With this one I can jump right back in.

I'm trying to figure out how to use it for school though. Not having too much luck with that.

I also have two big glass calendars I made. One for meals-supposedly, and one for school. I just wrote birthdays and Dr. Appts on the meals one.
I've printed out. Made my own. Modified others etc. My current one I liked but it was falling apart and my month of July looked like it was run over by a car.

I always just used a lesson planned type for school which worked on when I actually do it.

I'm thinking about a meal plan calendar but I'm kind of stuck on that one and am currently doing just a week by week.

I looked at the Happy Planners but they where just too visually busy for me. I might use a sticker or two but I can't have too much visual noise.

I ended up with his:

https://www.containerstore.com/s/off...uctId=11008604

But because I hate ring planners because they catch on everything in my bag I put it into something like this I found at the the thrift store:

http://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/MTQ0MFg5MDA=/z/5NwAAOSwA3dYhUwC/$_1.JPG
Old 07-19-2018, 06:54 AM   #4
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

I use a happy planner but I don't do the sticker/scrapbook thing. I just write my stuff in it. I have this one https://smile.amazon.com/ideas-Creat...=happy+planner

The days have enough room for me to put my appointments on, and I usually have a little left over that morphs into a sort of tiny journal. I keep my to-buy list in the bottom 'notes' section and a rough meal plan in the little square next to it.

I had a previous version of this planner https://smile.amazon.com/WSBL-Moms-E...ds=mom+planner for the couple years before I got my happy planner and I'm not too sure I don't like this better. Aside from it's ugly cover, that is.

Both these planners have rings, which is annoying for my bag, and they often end up smooshed by the end of the year which is frustrating. The happy planner pages can be hard to turn since they are designed to pop out easily.

Basically, these are passable to me but I haven't found the perfect planner either. Let me know if you find it! My current one goes until December, so I have a little while before I have to figure something out.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 07:25 AM   #5
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Here is my new planner:

This is the weekly layout. I really can't figure out how to use it best. I will have 3 in school this year with about 3 corporate subjects.

Old 07-20-2018, 03:53 AM   #6
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
I use a happy planner but I don't do the sticker/scrapbook thing. I just write my stuff in it. I have this one https://smile.amazon.com/ideas-Creat...=happy+planner

The days have enough room for me to put my appointments on, and I usually have a little left over that morphs into a sort of tiny journal. I keep my to-buy list in the bottom 'notes' section and a rough meal plan in the little square next to it.

I had a previous version of this planner https://smile.amazon.com/WSBL-Moms-E...ds=mom+planner for the couple years before I got my happy planner and I'm not too sure I don't like this better. Aside from it's ugly cover, that is.

Both these planners have rings, which is annoying for my bag, and they often end up smooshed by the end of the year which is frustrating. The happy planner pages can be hard to turn since they are designed to pop out easily.

Basically, these are passable to me but I haven't found the perfect planner either. Let me know if you find it! My current one goes until December, so I have a little while before I have to figure something out.
I'm glad to hear it's not just me that can wreck a planner. I like that you were able to customize your planner to fit your needs.

I had an arc system planner one year with the plastic rings and I customized it exactly to what I wanted. Then the pages started getting totally loose and I kept having to put them on the ring. I was so mad and had to switch mid year. I found a perfect one that I ordered through Mochi things but when I reordered they had changed the quality and it fell apart. I was walking around with a duct taped planner.

That year I went to Staples and ended up with this and it worked nicely because it was compact but it looks worse for wear now and the monthly view is small.

http://www.poppin.com/Gold-Medium-18...?cgid=planners

I was tempted by the Happy Planner and I might have tried it if there was a Christian themed one. All they had at my staples were "Seize the Day" or something related. They had one with flowers that I liked and a dark themed one.

I was a Blue sky Day planner that was really laid out nicely. It was $25 though and I wasn't sure if it looked sturdy enough for my abuse. Look at the last picture at this link. The planner had a goal oriented way to organize a day that I really like the concept of and I might incorporate it into my current planner.

https://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...QAxg&gclsrc=ds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Here is my new planner:

This is the weekly layout. I really can't figure out how to use it best. I will have 3 in school this year with about 3 corporate subjects.

Chirpy could you use the three boxes going down for the subjects and then use a letter code down the side for each chirpy's assignment?

That wouldn't leave you room for your own schedule. Does it have a month view you could use for your appointments?I

You both have pretty planners. I like pretty planners. If I'm going to look at something everyday it's nice to have something pleasing to look at.

Last edited by Agla; 07-20-2018 at 03:58 AM.
Agla is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2018, 06:15 AM   #7
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Yes, it does have a month view for appts.

I'm going to play with the boxes and do it a couple different ways .

I love planners.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:01 AM   #8
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Maybe this link works:
https://www.bluesky.com/day-designer...hard-2019.html

I love planners too and I spend to much time figuring one out for me.

I'm resisting the urge to go look at all the planner stuff at Hobby Lobby.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:12 AM   #9
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
Maybe this link works:
https://www.bluesky.com/day-designer...hard-2019.html

I love planners too and I spend to much time figuring one out for me.

I'm resisting the urge to go look at all the planner stuff at Hobby Lobby.

The first link worked for me.
I used to use Blue Sky a good bit. I think my bill book is Blue Sky. I have a plain month at a glance I use for bills only.

I'm headed to take Morgan for an EEG. Prayers please.
Old 07-20-2018, 08:22 AM   #10
Agla
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Praying!!!