Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-18-2016, 01:18 AM   #1
Mama2fluffybutt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Talking Baby lead weaning/ baby lead feeding

Is anyone else currently blw with their baby? Dd is 3yo and we did blw with her. Ds is 8m and we're doing it with him as well. It's been so much fun. If anyone else is currently blw or has questions about it maybe we could share them here. I have tons to say, but I'll wait to see if anyone is even interested first.

Advertisement

Mama2fluffybutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:05 AM   #2
MommaOfALollipop&Lion
Registered Users
seller

Re: Baby lead weaning/ baby lead feeding

I. Am! My son is 4.5 months old. He has had little tastes of fruits ever since my 2 year old gave him an apple slice not knowing at 3 months lol. Today he ate for the 1st time. He had corn flakes soaked in breast milk
MommaOfALollipop&Lion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 02:18 PM   #3
Mama2fluffybutt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaOfALollipop&Lion View Post
I. Am! My son is 4.5 months old. He has had little tastes of fruits ever since my 2 year old gave him an apple slice not knowing at 3 months lol. Today he ate for the 1st time. He had corn flakes soaked in breast milk
Have you read about blw yet? It's actually not recommended to start babies on anything other than bm or ff until they are 6 months. Of course it's your baby so you should do what you think is best, just make sure you understand the risks involved with starting solids early. And when doing blw, the point is to have the baby self feed. Serve soft foods in large enough pieces so baby can hold and bit chunks off. It's to help them get used to textures, flavors, chewing before swallowing, and self feeding. I would recommend holding off until your ds is 6m then try starting with banana or avocado.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:12 PM   #4
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama2fluffybutt
Have you read about blw yet? It's actually not recommended to start babies on anything other than bm or ff until they are 6 months. Of course it's your baby so you should do what you think is best, just make sure you understand the risks involved with starting solids early. And when doing blw, the point is to have the baby self feed. Serve soft foods in large enough pieces so baby can hold and bit chunks off. It's to help them get used to textures, flavors, chewing before swallowing, and self feeding. I would recommend holding off until your ds is 6m then try starting with banana or avocado.
thank you I'm bad at wording things and you pretty much said what I wanted to say.

My youngest is a small toddler now so we are obviously just eating food like a kiddo at this point but I did BLW with the last 2. I love it! So much better. We started at 8 1/2 months (both were EBF until then) and we always start with avocado followed by banana.
Old 02-18-2016, 03:21 PM   #5
Mama2fluffybutt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: B aby lead weaning/ baby lead feeding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fashionably Green Baby View Post
thank you I'm bad at wording things and you pretty much said what I wanted to say.

My youngest is a small toddler now so we are obviously just eating food like a kiddo at this point but I did BLW with the last 2. I love it! So much better. We started at 8 1/2 months (both were EBF until then) and we always start with avocado followed by banana.
It's hard to word things sometimes, but I just want the proper information out there.

We did blw with my 3yo. We started at 6.5m offering something for fun every few days, she loved playing with the food at first, not really even getting it in her mouth, by 9-10m she was eating everything!. My Ds is so different. We also started at 6.5m and he hit the ground running! He has eaten everything I have put infront of him and expects his meals everyday. Neither one of them are picky eater at all.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:24 PM   #6
DottieHarley
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
We did with 5YO DD and are doing it again with 10 mo old DS. Just in the past few weeks he's really "figuring it out" and his top teeth are breaking through. He's totally in love with papaya, tongue, and fresh mozzarella
Old 02-18-2016, 09:06 PM   #7
MommaOfALollipop&Lion
Registered Users
seller

I am aware of what blw is. I practiced it with my 1st. I only give them tiny tastes of food. I'm from a Hispanic family. My grandma & my mother in law both said they were giving their littles food by this age. And he was actually reaching for it after I gave him the 1st piece. So it was more mess then what he actually ate lol
Old 02-18-2016, 09:13 PM   #8
Mama2fluffybutt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know how Hispanic families can be, my grandmother was trying to feed me strawberry cheesecake when I was 2mo. My mom flipped out on her.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:07 PM   #9
MommaOfALollipop&Lion
Registered Users
seller

I'm sorry I had to laugh. We (as in hubby and me) wpuld only allow him to get a lick or taste of something. Then he reached for a cracker when my mil had him & gave it to him when he was 3 months & a half. Haha
Old 03-18-2016, 04:26 PM   #10
melichurchill
Registered Users

I am attempting BLW with my 7 month old. He wants food so bad. But when I give him avacado or banana or sweet potato he smashes and smears it and get none in his mouth. If I am holding him and I attempt to eat or drink something he cries if I dont let him have it.. But it usually something not baby friendly.. chips, popcorn, ice cream I have sppon fed him some smashed food just to keep him from getting frustrated and finger painting his food... He gags a lot too.. Hopefully this will get easier. He has no teeth.
melichurchill is offline   Reply With Quote