Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-04-2010, 07:14 AM   #31
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: any ftt with food allergies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssand23 View Post
Sarah, you mentioned Hopkins, we live in NJ but my primary dr has refered me there for my allergies. It sounds like they are one of the tops in the allergy world? My middle dd used to go to Mt Sinai for her pedi allergist but my dr felt baltimore would be better suited to me & my allergic reactions.

I have very severe allergies & have given up seeing local drs. It's a 3-4 hours drive each way but I've reached the end of my rope with reactions left & right.

Sorry to get OT but I'm in the process of finding out more for myself (as well as DS, we have a family history of a lot of things).
They are pretty amazing and it's a blessing to live so close. I haven't been there for allergies, just heard about it second hand and people like the care that they get there.

Advertisement

Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
yellowitchgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 10:11 PM   #32
Whimsy Twist
Registered Users
Formerly: Lilymomma
seller

My Mood:

We had suspected EE w/ my twins. FTT from birth (28w preemies). Breastmilk for 7months- and 7ish lbs. Started Neocate on Xmas day last year and they are now 23+lbs at 17m!!! We went through terrible GI symptoms w/ food intro. We had a clean scope w/ formula only and decided to do a large 3m food into, ignoring the mild GI syptoms and planned on scoping again- but they both were able to tolerate (at 15months old). Up until then, DD's only safe food was chicken and DS's were chicken/pear/white rice.

i've heard great things about the baltimore clinic from the people in the eosinophilgastro yahoo group (they are a very active EE group). That was our next step if we hadn't had the recent success w/ foods. SS you are going through this!

Whimsy Twist
for the love of color...
find me on Facebook or Etsy
Whimsy Twist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:26 AM   #33
BunnyLamb
Registered Users

It's good to hear that a condition like this can be managed and that kids can thrive on this. My husband just started a special diet to see if it will help his rheumatoid arthritis (he's in his late 20's.) Currently, it's no wheat, no corn, no dairy, no tomatoes, potatoes, or eggplant, no meat, no nuts, no citrus, no caffeine, no sugar, no eggs and I think that's everything. Sounds kind of like what many of you are doing. Fortunately he can have spices so I can spice up his rice and veggies in different ways. We've been at our wit's end with his arthritis, so I'm really hoping that this diet will work. This thread was a nice little boost.
BunnyLamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:44 AM   #34
KristieMcNealy
Registered Users

My Mood:

My DS has food allergies and EE was suspected. Suddenly though, he seems to be doing much better food wise. He's still very small - 23 pounds at 35 months, wears 18mos clothes and size 5 shoes. Depending on how his growth chart looks at his 3yr WCC, we'll decide what else to do.

So far we've seen allergy/immunology and a nutritionist, and done a few rounds of blood work. The only positive test was a skin test for egg allergy. We need to decide if endocrinology or GI will be our next step, but with him tolerating more foods and still not gaining, I'm guessing endocrine will be where we end up.

I'm sorry you're lo is having such a hard time. Our issues were the absolute worst when he got old enough to realize that his sibs ate things he couldn't have...

Blogging about women's and children's health at http://www.kristiemcnealy.com
KristieMcNealy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:22 PM   #35
monstersmomX3
Registered Users

ok since you all will know where i am coming from with this i will post here...

My Ds is just about 11 months old we have 3 known food allergies and Egg, Dairy and nuts(peanuts) and the nutritionest i saw last week mentioned EE to me... but were not sure! well tonight DS has one of his normal coughing fits and hacks up a TINY bit of blood!!! well it was enough for me to see it on my shirt and to see it on the rag when i got the drool off of his face... do u all think i should call the DR now tomorrow or not unless it happens again?

i need more of a support group for this i am stressing hard core about these allergies

BTW he is 11 months old and just about 20 lbs ( sounds big compared to alot of your kids)
monstersmomX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:49 PM   #36
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstersmomX3 View Post
ok since you all will know where i am coming from with this i will post here...

My Ds is just about 11 months old we have 3 known food allergies and Egg, Dairy and nuts(peanuts) and the nutritionest i saw last week mentioned EE to me... but were not sure! well tonight DS has one of his normal coughing fits and hacks up a TINY bit of blood!!! well it was enough for me to see it on my shirt and to see it on the rag when i got the drool off of his face... do u all think i should call the DR now tomorrow or not unless it happens again?

i need more of a support group for this i am stressing hard core about these allergies

BTW he is 11 months old and just about 20 lbs ( sounds big compared to alot of your kids)
Does he cough a whole lot? have they ruled out cystic fibrosis?
Sarah. Christian. Married to Jonathan. Proud Mama of 6 boys! Andrew (10), Luke(7) and James (2). My babies born into heaven : Zach, Toby and Simon WAHM behind Sarah's Stitches HyenaCart and Etsy, 10% off with the code: DSE10 Facebook Wetbags, Snack Sacks, Fleece Soakers, Dresses, Naked Time Mats, Dresses, Wipes, Affordable Weighted Blankets and more! Check out my novels!! Ask for other places to buy.
Old 09-07-2010, 06:51 PM   #37
monstersmomX3
Registered Users

he does cough alot when hes awake not a ton but alot... but wouldnt they hear stuff while listening to his chest?
monstersmomX3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #38
yellowitchgrl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstersmomX3 View Post
he does cough alot when hes awake not a ton but alot... but wouldnt they hear stuff while listening to his chest?
I don't know. CF is more of a lung thing than EE. The blood would have me very worried too. My son was 16lbs at 1yr and we went through the whole gambit trying to figure out why. Not EE for him, just not digesting properly.
Old 09-22-2015, 04:58 PM   #39
AlmostHomeMama
Registered Users
seller

HI there, I realize the original post was many years ago, but I'd love to know how your child who you suspected had EE is doing. My son has EE--he was diagnosed at 12 months and he is now 6.5 years old. The first couple years were really hard with a restricted diet, but now he is doing great and only avoid three foods! I can hardly believe it. Anyway, hope you got some answers.
AlmostHomeMama is offline   Reply With Quote