Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-11-2018, 07:21 PM   #21
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Know any brands of CD's for older children?

For an older child who still has night accidents I'd be inclined to buy incontinence pads and just have them sleep in underwear. Easy enough to swap out pads and change wet undies.

Advertisement

KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:24 PM   #22
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamahen View Post
I logged back onto DS after being away many years just to look for the answer to this question! My son is 6 and has Down syndrome so it's been a loooooong sllllloooooow potty learning process and he's still having lots of accidents at school so I'll check into some of these options. Would love if anyone had any more recent recommendations.
Bum Genius now has pocket diapers called "Big" and "Bigger". The Big is ___something to 65 lbs. The Big is 70-120 lbs. My (large bottomed!) 7 yo was 70 lbs so I got the Bigger. I am not able to stuff enough in there to hold her overnight, or perhaps it's too much bulk and leaks out the side, but I've thought they would be a good daytime option for special needs. They're identical to regular Bum Genius pockets, just bigger. WARNING they do NOT come with the inserts! Nor does BG even make one that big, or at least they didn't last year.

Antsy Pants. My DC won't wear it because the (new style) side tabs are scratchy.

There is another one that makes up to adult size, ack I can't think of it. AH it's SNAP-EZ. A few options, reasonable pricing.

Imagine pockets are said to be pretty big, and they are, but once night stuffed won't fit much past 50 ish lbs, depending on child's proportions.

SuperUndies are good for daytime or light to medium night wetters, they don't go to huge sizes but age 4-6 should still fit.

My all time favorite is Motherease BEDWETTER PANTS. They are about the same sizes as the superundies, so they won't last past that age, but they are the most absorbent option I tried with the best fit. We sized up when DC started outwetting them, then in the biggest size, for my boy I had him wear them backwards which gave more absorbency in the front where it was needed. They also wash surprisingly well (and dry too ) for being an all in one.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 08:39 AM   #23
kammi79
Banned

I just found out and ordered several! I also have a 4 1/2 yr old ds with special needs. I am going to check out snap-ez too! I am so glad to have found this post!
kammi79 is offline   Reply With Quote