Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-22-2008, 02:58 PM   #11
sweetangelfriend
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: any ftt with food allergies?

Both of my ds's have food allergies really bad. They can't have milk protein, red dyes, chocolate, grapes/raisins, apples, oranges, and cherries. If they have any of those things they get BAD dirreah along with stomach ache. It's awful trying to find something they can eat so I really do empathize.

Advertisement

cd'ing, bf'ing, hsing, SAHM of Chip (8/9/04), Josh (12/16/05), and Nevaeh our miracle 7 weeks early (5/25/08)
sweetangelfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:12 PM   #12
misha73
Registered Users

i'm not sure what EE is, but my DS has multiple food allergies. he is 18 months and was diagnosed with his first allergies at 7 months. (eggs,milk,peanuts). then came chickpeas, sesame (life-threatening) and soy). food allergies are scary, but you need to find a good allergist who is not dismissve, and buy my new fave book, "understanding and managing your child's food allergies" by sicherer. HTH.
misha73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 11:03 PM   #13
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i will see if i can find that book!
Old 08-22-2008, 11:33 PM   #14
kmjmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a ftt baby (2 year old now) who had suspected allergies but they weren't. His trigger foods were dairy soy and corn.

He is 24 pounds 24 months. he has been pound=months since 10 months old
Old 05-19-2010, 06:06 PM   #15
13kittycats
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

my ds was diagnosed with EE last year at age 10. Glad GI are able to detect it so soon. My Neice was diagnosed at 27 years old (2 years ago) and her esophigus is completely eroded with scar tissue. GI perferrated it slightly during biopsy because of many years of undetected allergies.
GOOD LUCK. Drop a line if you need someone to talk with.
Verna

PS- To those not familiar with EE, It is different than traditional food allergies. The body thinks the food allergy is virus or disease and begins to overproduce white blood cells to attack it. The white blood cells are actually attacking good cells in the esophogis leaving scar tissue. Can also be worsened with acid reflux. My son's EE was suspected after he had bout of not being able to swallow food.

Last edited by 13kittycats; 05-19-2010 at 06:13 PM. Reason: add info
13kittycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 06:20 PM   #16
13kittycats
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

http://www.apfed.org/ee.htm
here's a link for all those moms wonder about EE
Old 05-19-2010, 10:13 PM   #17
ariandsofiesmom
Registered Users

My Mood:

My daughter does not have EE, but she has been labeled as FTT and she has some food allergies. We are going to an allergist pretty soon. Just last Thursday, she had a processed cookie (from a bakery of a grocery store) and she was extremely ill. She had a fever as well as regular allergy symptoms on top of the first night of being very sick. She now has an epi-pen. She also weighs 23 pounds and is 31 months.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:12 AM   #18
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterfly Designs View Post
DD was on Allimentum for a 2 months and was getting worse...its says on the cant for milk protien allergy, well the SECOND ingredeant is casien which guess what? its a MILK protien. I called the manufacture and told them how missleading they were, they were like ya we'll fix that...never happened. But how can they say that something is for babies with milk protien allergy and then have the second thing in it be milk protien??
It's basically pre-digested, so it won't touch their systems (so it was explained to me), but dd was sensitive enough that it still bothered her. She has food allergies, was bordering on FTT but stayed on the charts at least (the bottom ) so they left her alone--but when she was officially diagnosed & the allergens were removed from her diet completely, she started to grow. About three inches in the first month or two.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 09:12 AM   #19
The3McCoys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't read all the posts, but I have a friend who's son is 2.5 and has SEVERE allergies, I can pass along her info if you like
Old 05-23-2010, 07:55 PM   #20
ssand23
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 10 year old had EE when she was younger. She couldn't eat any solid food at all. She lived on Neocate & water only until she was 3.5 years old. Thankfully it never affected her growth (even with the severe vomiting), I think that she was able to keep down the Neocate really helped.
My son is having digestive issues & his drs are watching him to see what is going on. He has some reflux symptoms so they're treating it as that for now but if it continues on the road we're on, they'll start looking into it further. I have severe allergies & digestive issues so anything genetic, I know where it came from.
ssand23 is offline   Reply With Quote