Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-21-2016, 06:42 PM   #1
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Step son struggles..

My husband is currently 4 states away where we will be moving next month which all of a sudden left me a "single mom" to my 12 week old son, and 10 yr old step son. I'm exhausted.

I've always been the tougher parent between DH and I. My step sons bio mom was very distant for the past year, in jail, and then when she found out we were moving she now wants all summer with him and such. We gave it to her basically so we didn't have to go to court. He seemed kind of excited so we thought it may be good for him.

Anyway long story short...I'm exhausted, he is getting on my last nerve (he is in a very moody whiney phase) and tonight he pulled his first "I'm happy I'm going to my moms"

It absolutely broke my heart. Mainly because I know he did it purposely to hurt my feelings. I do so much for him. I quit both my jobs to be a stay at home mom for him because his bio mom has been in and out of jail for the past 10 yrs and most of the time went months at a time without calling or seeing him even when she wasn't in jail.

I know kids say stuff like this all the time, I guess I just wanted to vent...

Advertisement

kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2016, 07:11 PM   #2
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
10 is a rough age. Just hang in there and try not to take it too personally
Old 04-21-2016, 07:18 PM   #3
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Step son struggles..

My biggest fear is that after a summer with her he isn't going to want to come back and it's going to be my fault....
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 05:59 PM   #4
Armymom31
Registered Users

My Mood:

Kids have a way of truly seeing what their parent is really like. He says that now because he hasn't been around her and he knows it hurts you. If he spends the summer with her and she continues to act that way, he will be more than willing to come home to you guys. Keep loving him and showing him good attention and he will know who he should be with.
Armymom31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 09:32 PM   #5
EvangeKing
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armymom31 View Post
Kids have a way of truly seeing what their parent is really like. He says that now because he hasn't been around her and he knows it hurts you. If he spends the summer with her and she continues to act that way, he will be more than willing to come home to you guys. Keep loving him and showing him good attention and he will know who he should be with.
I second this. I have a stepdaughter. When hubby and I first started dating, she was 11. Just keep on loving. The truth will always reveal itself, and kids eventually grow up and learn to think and see things more clearly.
EvangeKing is offline   Reply With Quote