Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-30-2014, 11:20 PM   #21
Charlee Beth's Momma
Registered Users

Re: Donating Freezer Stash

I have some(not quite for sure how much but I think quite a bit) of BM from the pre 6 week stage when we found out our little one is dairy-free. At 9 months she is still dairy free and I STILL have all this dairy BM I would love to donate. Does anyone have information on how I can donate or a site to search for? I am in Lincoln, Nebraska. Thank YOU!

Advertisement

Charlee Beth's Momma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 12:13 AM   #22
ottomamma
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancyPants View Post
Wow, I'd not heard about human milk for human babies before. I have half of an upright freezer full of milk that I'm sure we will never use. I had looked into donating through a milk bank but they said they won't accept since I take thyroid meds which I think is silly, but its their rules. And good for you other ladies for helping out and donating.
That's too bad they won't accept it because of thyroid meds. I asked my baby's doctor about that because not only do I take synthroid, but one of my friends who was donating milk to my baby takes it as well. I wouldnt have even thought twice about it except that the reason my lo was in the nicu was because he was born with no thyroid. His dr said milk from a mama with synthroid would be just fine, even with his condition. Lots of mamas take synthroid and breastfeed. So I'm sure there are mamas out there who would love to receive your milk. Hope you can find a way to connect with someone!
ottomamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:21 AM   #23
birdhouse
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlee Beth's Momma View Post
I have some(not quite for sure how much but I think quite a bit) of BM from the pre 6 week stage when we found out our little one is dairy-free. At 9 months she is still dairy free and I STILL have all this dairy BM I would love to donate. Does anyone have information on how I can donate or a site to search for? I am in Lincoln, Nebraska. Thank YOU!
A lot of people use use Human Milk for Human Babies on Facebook - https://hm4hb.net/ - you just find the one that's closest to you, make a post that you have milk available or respond to someone else who has asked for milk.

If you want to donate to a milk bank, Kellymom recommends finding an HMBANA https://www.hmbana.org/ milk bank - they don't sell the milk at a profit to formula companies or use it to make human milk fortifier, like other milk banks do (Prolacta Bioscience). This is what I did, and I just contacted the one closest to me.

Has it been in a chest/deep freezer? Frozen milk in the refrigerator might only last about 6 months...
birdhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 07:33 AM   #24
birdhouse
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancyPants View Post
Wow, I'd not heard about human milk for human babies before. I have half of an upright freezer full of milk that I'm sure we will never use. I had looked into donating through a milk bank but they said they won't accept since I take thyroid meds which I think is silly, but its their rules. And good for you other ladies for helping out and donating.
Different milk banks might have different rules, too ... the one I'm using allows Synthroid, if that's what you're on.
birdhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 12:27 PM   #25
cowangel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Donating Freezer Stash

Human Milk 4 Human Babies or Eats on Feets (which are both GREAT)! There's also a new one Families for Feeding Babies. All of which are on Facebook.

You ladies are AWESOME!

Last edited by cowangel; 03-16-2015 at 08:21 PM.
cowangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 02:41 PM   #26
Sienasnedeker
Registered Users

I am getting ready to be a gestation carrier and after the birth of the baby I plan on pumping and donating. Any milk banks that you recommend? My agency is sending me info on the one she uses which they pay for the milk but I'm not sure I want to do that. i want to make sure it goes to someone who's child really needs is or to a baby in a nicu
Sienasnedeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 03:33 PM   #27
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My milk bank- I just had to get ok from docs & blood test & freezer temp ok at -20 degrees f. helping hands milk bank is name pm for more info. I liked them as they paid to get milk & supported breast cancer susan g komen. My mom had 3 rounds of breast cancer so I liked they supported it. My ob & ped signed off after verifying info.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using DS Forum
Join me making money doing the following: shopkick, Swagbucks, fronto unlock screen , Perk and Perk unlock screen, receipthog,1Q, Free Eats, panel app, qmee, bzzagent, slidejoy unlock screen, smiley360, adme unlock screen, Rewardrack, Snap by Groupon, reviewsio, swaggable, checkpoints referral name: jmnhuisman, pinchme referral code: 54K7J, lootpalace, shopalong , drizzle sms - clock, yerdle, send Earnings, yaarlo referral code JESSA398, ibotta, BrowseU, survey cow unlock referral code is8513604729

Last edited by abunchoflemons; 04-20-2015 at 03:36 PM.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:45 AM   #28
Mirtha Abramson
Registered Users

Just keep a small stash for yourself. Look up Human milk for human babies or eats on feet.
Mirtha Abramson is offline   Reply With Quote