Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-31-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
bluedaisyma
Registered Users
seller

Re: I can't get my 5 mo to sleep....

OP when you say you "still" wrap her....you are wearing her in a wrap? That is fine for napping! As long as it isn't a stretchy wrap, you can wear her on your back. I have seen MTs on FSOT for as low as $30 and brand new ones from reputable makers for $69 new. A small investment for peace of mind, sleep, etc....esp with the price of gas, if you wear her instead of drive her around . I would tie her on my back and do the dishes, housework, etc! If she falls asleep with you pushing her in a stroller, etc, she should have no prob sleeping being worn. I wouldn't even try to transfer her, let her take her whole nap being worn....many babies fall asleep as soon as their mamas wear them and take long naps that way! That is totally normal and so is being nursed to sleep at ages much older than 5 months GL!

Advertisement

Last edited by bluedaisyma; 03-31-2011 at 09:32 PM.
bluedaisyma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:35 PM   #12
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

We had the best luck with the Woombie at that age. The woombie really helped him calm down because he couldn't flail or gnaw on his hands. I also found that holding him, stroking his cheek but not saying anything worked well. My son did, and still does, require darkness, silence, and absence of any stimulating things to fall asleep.

Our last resort is to take him for a stroller ride. Even now, at 13 months, a trip around the block in the Bob is sure to knock him out.

Sometimes if I wore him in my carrier (blue celery) he would fall asleep, but I was no good at getting him down into the crib still asleep - inevitably he would wake up.
Old 03-31-2011, 09:43 PM   #13
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

If you can sew (even if you can't sew well) you can easily make a Mei tai. It takes about three hours though, which sounds like you can't get three hours.

If you want to try it, I'll post a link to an easy mei tai pattern. (directions)

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/asian.html

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/FrankenKozy.htm

Last edited by escapethevillage; 03-31-2011 at 09:45 PM.
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 09:44 PM   #14
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin_Medic
I would highly recommend you invest in the No Cry Sleep Solution - it's a much gentler "sleep training" tool and not CIO. CIO doesn't work for my family...and the NCSS was lifesaving to us.

in the mean time, I would highly recommend you invest in a carrier of some sort. I love my MTs and they are LIFESAVERS for the kid who needs to be held 24/7. DD1 was that way and the only way I got anything done was to put her in it and go. There's nothing wrong with BFing to sleep...or holding your baby, but I can sympathize with not getting anything done.
Thank you. I'm gonna look it up. She doesn't need to be held when there are other kids are around to entertain her but when its just her and me she wantsd to be held. Lol. You guys are the best thanks for the help
Old 03-31-2011, 09:48 PM   #15
lovermuffin
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by escapethevillage
If you can sew (even if you can't sew well) you can easily make a Mei tai. It takes about three hours though, which sounds like you can't get three hours.

If you want to try it, I'll post a link to an easy mei tai pattern. (directions)

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/asian.html

http://www.sleepingbaby.net/jan/Baby/FrankenKozy.htm
I am a huge sewer. Why didn't I think abougt sewing one.. thank you!
Old 04-01-2011, 04:06 AM   #16
calstar2000
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancermommy1 View Post
It seems to me like the cost of a mei tie (or ergo or other carrier) would be worth it to save your sanity. My ergo is more valuable to me than gold many days!!
Ditto that. DS takes most of his naps in the ergo.
calstar2000 is offline   Reply With Quote