Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #31
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: August 11- May Chatter!

ugh! sorry britt! That stinks. MCLs are a quicker recovery though. Although not sure how quick after an acl surgery though. But it should not be as bad. GL.

AFM--home with all four kiddos today! We are all in the boys room hanging out and playing. Harper is sleeping. She sleeps well when swaddled.

So now that we have a 2 story home I discovered how much Tanner likes to jump up and down. It is non stop all day thump thump THUMP!!!!

We do not have a fence up yet so it is outside leash potty breaks with the dogs which is a challenge with 4 kids and 3 dogs. The garage though is temp controlled so that is the dogs home for now until all is settled. I feel so bad but it is actually a huge garage that is very comfy. And it has 3 large windows so it is not like they are staring at a cement wall all day. They may stay out there permenatly--well there and out back once we get the fence up. It will make for easier cleaning the house esp with 3. I do not think we will ever have more than one dog from now on. But considering they are 11, 6,and 5 it will be awhile. The good thing is there are a couple of dog parks in the area. That should be interesting. I think I will only do that with dh or if one of us go or when the boys start school and I would take 2 dogs at the most.

Advertisement

Last edited by dagmomma; 05-06-2013 at 10:37 AM.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:57 AM   #32
Andbabymakes2
Registered Users
seller

Britt- ss that dh has to go back and have another surgery. quick healing vibes to him when it happens.

Alison- I'm worn out just thinking about trying to take care of 3 dogs! lol My mom is going to Germany for 3wks later this month, so we are going to bird sit for them starting this wknd. Just two doves, so not a big deal. I know dh was less than excited though.

Dh is off today and has started working on the back of the house. Pretty excited that in about two weeks he'll be installing the new windows and door. It's going to be a mess inside though. We'll have to tarp it all off while he does the drywall, etc. I hate that part, but the end result will be worth it.
Old 05-07-2013, 09:57 AM   #33
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow.. Figured you guys would of probably given up on the monthly posts, but thought Id check anyway.. imagine my surprise. lol

Thought Id give a update on our craziness.

Levi is 20m old (duh)

He's 29lbs and 35inches tall. Still good sized. (he wears a size 5/6 shoe though, figure that out. lol)

He's walking, running, trying to jump..

He's not talking. He's actually Regressed any speech he did have, which was over 10 words and 2 word sentences at 13m old. So we've spent some time at the doctors and will be getting back into EI this month for another Eval, this time it's Autism though.

I don't think he's autistic though, he doesn't have any other symptoms, I think he's got a speech delay and a sensory issue. (he gets overwelmed easily, cries in loud/bright stores or when everyone comes home and is talking, etc)
He makes great eye contact, comes to you when you call him, understands if we're going somewhere and ask him if he wants to go too, (won't bring you shoes or anything though, but I don't remember any of my other kids doing that at 1.5)

there's some issues..

He's settled into the new home very nicely. The old home SHOULD Be closing on the 15th. I sure hope so, I'm so tired of being in charge of it. Levi's STTN 100% of the time since the move, at 18m. (and he got his own room, I swear if I have another baby, they are automatically going into their own space. the only kid that STTN early on was miranda, and she was in her own room from the beginning, she was STTN at 1 month old. lol)

ATM- Levi's Sick. Has a terrible fever, jake was vomiting on sunday morning, so I'm guessing it's that. no vomiting though, thankfully.

Here's a picture from the other day with his giant watermelon, it's his favorite, he ate 3 other pieces that size. lol

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 06:04 PM   #34
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

Location: Currently MO; but wherever the Marines send us. SoCal at heart.
My Mood:
Hey Jenn. Glad to hear from you. You can't be surprised that were still chatting can you?

Levi's cute as ever, sorry to hear about his speech regression. I hope ei can make some changes happen for you.

Afm, we were all good and dandy an hour ago but Miss H has now thrown up three times in the last hour. Here we go again.

***IDSO Salt Water Sandals- White, Toddler 7***
mommabritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:11 PM   #35
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I probably shouldn't be surprised, but I am. lol

My other monthly groups all dropped down to no one talking about 3 months ago. lol

and surprise Surprise, Levi is cutting 2 year molars, so what was the sickness everyone else had, I'm pretty sure has turned into teething, he's snotty and whiny, and lets not forget feverish. He also won't nap.. and he's a GREAT napper. sleeps 3 hours a day.

His EI appt is tomorrow morning at 10. They called me today. I'll check back in with you guys after I find out what he said.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #36
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I think we're less chatty than we were. But I also think we talk a fair bit more in comparison. I mean, considering we got bfp's in nov/dec '10 and its 2013.... I kinda love these gals. Im sure eventually it'll quiet down for good in here *sniff* but I would love to exchange email addys and keep in touch. Maybe I'm the only one.

Let us know for sure about tomorrow.

We have a follow up with the new psych for a med check. Should be quick I think. Life is looking up for Dominic since starting them.

Old 05-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #37
smblake
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
You are not the only one britt.

Good luck with ei, ds2 has been having speech for nearly 2 years, slow and steady but we have seen lots of progress in the past 6 months, I anticipate speech therapy being a part of our lives for a very long time.

Britt, do happy for you boy and that life is getting a little easier for him!!!

16 weeks tomorrow, 2 weeks until we might find out he or she, I'm really excited about that!!!
5 angels in my heart always
smblake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #38
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Britt I am all for that!

Jen go tomorrow keep us posted

Melissa so exciting!!!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:57 PM   #39
mommabritt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Well, Harper threw up in her crib an hour ago or so, so were parked on the couch chaise. Thankfully, she let me lay her down (she is a furnace!) but she's between my legs so I'm sensitive to her movement. No fever, just vomiting so far. I did some googling and it's likely it's that norovirus. Caleb was violently ill for three days, crying in pain while buckled over in the bathroom for hours . What I read says vomiting, severe stomach cramping and diarrhea. Sounds about right. Boo for my babies, this will not be fun.

So....since I'm up, anyone who feels like chatting....

Allison now is that new baby of yours? How are the kids adjusting? Is Payton showing any jealousy signs or has she accepted her sister already? How are you adjusting to four kids? Is different huh!

Melissa, I really can't believe your already that far along! Time is flying by (for us anyways ). Are you and dh talking about names yet? How do you anticipate Mary reacting to a baby in the house?

Anyone heard from Naomi either here or on fb? She's not been around for quite some time. Further, does anyone 'see' other mamas from the original ddc on fb?

Sent from my iPad using DS Forum

Old 05-08-2013, 06:16 AM   #40
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh britt so sorry. I wish I checked ds when I was I last night we could have set anew post count record.

Harper is doing great. Sleeping well, eating well, and just an overall good baby. Peyton is adjusting great. She loves the baby and is happy to see her all the time. However Peyton has started biting the boys. I think it is bc she thinks she is playing bc they laugh and run and then she bites them.

We are loving our new place. I am tired though do trying to pace myself. Starting to get annoyed at dh when he asks why things did not get done. Really!!!???