Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-26-2013, 07:26 AM   #1
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Chat Thread ~May 26th - June 1st!

June?! WHA???!!!

Advertisement

canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:07 AM   #2
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~May 26th - June 1st!

from last week...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
Anyone elses baby a crazy poop making machine??
For the first 3-4 weeks Piper would poop nearly every diaper. Now she only goes once every 3-4 days - it's a big mess when she does, but the diapers have contained it all so far! (*knock on wood*!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
dh wont hold him for long if hes crying.
I don't really get that, sorry. If baby doesn't need to nurse, there's no reason that daddy can't deal with his crying and fussing for a change. There's tons of things he can try to comfort the baby.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
i know bf babies can go a week, but its so unnerving for the sudden change. Now he just streaks diapers a few times a day.
It can definitely be normal for breastfed babies not to poop that often (even 7-10 days is normal) but there shouldn't be streaking in the diapers. That sounds like he's constipated, which would likely contribute to his fussiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonnief View Post
We have a surprise inside every diaper! It makes us feel so special......

Quote:
Originally Posted by mibarra View Post
In retrospect I was mean to him because I resented that it was all me and probably had undiagnosed PPD. I was always angry and short tempered and god help anyone who woke the baby once I got her settled!
That was me with DD1. Man, looking back at that pp experience, I can't believe we made it through that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bai18176 View Post
Lol! We have massive blowouts a couple times a week.
I HATE 7-10 pm. Massive cry fest every night. Last night it lasted til 12.
Strawberry jam, strawberry shortcake, and some for the freezer, or at least that's the plan
We've not had any blow-outs yet, the diapers have handled it all. We get pee leaks still, but not as often as we did in the first few weeks - which is kinda odd cuz they're the same diapers

I can't imagine the fussing and crying with 2 babies! Piper hasn't been too bad the past couple nights, but from about 8-10 is her fussiest time of day too... right during/after the kids' bedtimes.

strawberries!

AFM: I think DS2 had a good birthday party even though it turned out all different than we had planned. The boys liked the movie, his friend got him a lego set he really wanted, and he liked his cake - so

We've got church this morning, then DH's parents' for the afternoon I imagine. I did tell DD1 that we'd go to look at bathing suits this afternoon - hoping the boys can stay with DH's parents for that! Ooo... and I wanted to check at the 2nd hand store too.

Hope everyone's had a good weekend!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 10:49 AM   #3
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
So if he's sharting he could be constipated?? Ugh. Im constipated. Ive been taking metamucil and colace daily and after 5 days only got a small quantity moved out. Wtheck? I even took a small......small amt of miralax. I know that stuff works on baby:/

And dh is getting more tolerant and will walk him around and bounce him but he acts like its the worse torture in the world. Hes a better daddy too, oh....9 months and older
Old 05-26-2013, 01:48 PM   #4
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

We are a quiet bunch these days... 300 post threads at the beginning of April to only 150 last week! Lots of cuddling going on.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:08 PM   #5
Clothobsessed2010
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny
We are a quiet bunch these days... 300 post threads at the beginning of April to only 150 last week! Lots of cuddling going on.
Yes! Between the lack of sleep, trying to get anyhing done, and snuggles I can never seem to make it on! Hehe

Expecting our IVF miracle baby GIRL in April 2013!
Clothobsessed2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 02:49 PM   #6
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:
DS logged me out. Took a few days to care enough to go through the pain of getting my password again

DH usually can get Luke to calm down by laying him on his side, 'happiest baby on the block' style. But it doesn't last long.

Luke has been extra sleepy today. DD has been a mess and got put down for her nap an hour early. Hope a little extra sleep helps.

I timed our sleep last night. Luke wakes up every 2.5 hours. Except the third time, he kept falling asleep eating and then started waking up every hour to try again. Atleast he's going back down easy.

He's been in slightly better mood since the fenugreek got out of our systems. Still concerned about his neck/whatever since he prefers looking in one direction (he does technically go the other way when he sleeps). But I am a hypochondriac so I have to take my own concerns with a grain of salt.

Last edited by EmilytheStrange; 05-26-2013 at 02:56 PM.
EmilytheStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny
I have to admit, I read still but have a hard time relating now that they are born. Many of the discussions are about unhappy babies and nursing issues and I am not Bfing and have a very happy baby so I can't post much advice and don't know what to say YK? DS1 was a miserable baby until formula too and I never really understood the "formula keeps them happy longer because it's slow to digest" thing because mine both feed (well, fed for DS1 since he's almost 3) every two hrs round the clock. So it's not that.

I know this is a CD forum but we use sposies now too and never have blowouts even when DS1 was BF. i feel so mainstream, it's hard to join in now. :/
Old 05-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #8
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Connor View Post

I have to admit, I read still but have a hard time relating now that they are born. Many of the discussions are about unhappy babies and nursing issues and I am not Bfing and have a very happy baby so I can't post much advice and don't know what to say YK? DS1 was a miserable baby until formula too and I never really understood the "formula keeps them happy longer because it's slow to digest" thing because mine both feed (well, fed for DS1 since he's almost 3) every two hrs round the clock. So it's not that.

I know this is a CD forum but we use sposies now too and never have blowouts even when DS1 was BF. i feel so mainstream, it's hard to join in now. :/
Don't feel bad. I fully vaccinate and feed the kids McDonalds. Other than CDing and some attachment parenting I'm pretty mainstream too!
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:38 PM   #9
Mom2Connor
Registered Users

We do those too lol
Old 05-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #10
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

So, I wanted some sized side snap diaper covers because Alie has stick legs and everything gaps. Ordered a GAD on Monday and have heard NOTHING! Even emailed Thursday, still nothing.... so annoyed.... the only others I can find are Peachy Green Switcheroo, which I want a size 0 and they have almost nothing in stock, and Booroi, which are almost extinct and I can only find on green.... grrrr....
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote