Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-15-2011, 12:07 AM   #61
runzbarrel
Registered Users
seller

Re: Breastfeeding in church??

I BF in church all the time. We have a nursery but it's across the hall and you miss the service. We sit towards the back and I use a cover. The only person that has had a problem with it is a close friend of mine who gave me the "look" one time as I went to feed my son I've also caught her giving me looks at other times too. I've debated whether I want to confront her about it now that has a newborn and has chosen to bf!

Advertisement

Old 07-15-2011, 12:52 AM   #62
Mrs_R
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisha622 View Post
I LOVE my church... they are so considerate. When they built the church, they put a room at the back of the sanctuary that has that window/mirror thing so that we can sit in it and nurse (it has 4 SUPER comfortable rocking chairs) but still see the pastor preaching (it's just like we're sitting in the back of the church basically)... and everyone on the other side just thinks it's a mirror. Then there's a little sound thing we can turn up to hear him. I love it and feel so grateful that even though it's men who "run" the church, they thought of something like this. I don't have to try to adjust a stinkin' nursing cover, but I can also be part of the service AND have the most comfortable seat in the house! Plus, it's a great place to get to know other nursing moms
That's how it is at the church I go to as well. The room is furnished with some comfortable rocking chairs, a changing table, some books, a small child size table and chairs, crayons and coloring books, and two huge windows to see the service. We also have a speaker so we can hear the service. It's wonderful and I'm excited to get to start using it.
Mrs_R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 04:03 AM   #63
LilWifee
Registered Users
seller

We live in "podunk" and bf has not caught on here. Every old time gives me the story of how the dr. told them they couldn't produce milk or the milk didnt agree with the child. Our churches are full with elderly and young people are scarce. When my son was lil, I would cover with my nursing cover and go for it. Or I would head to the nursery. It depended on where we were in service and if I would be a more of a distraction getting up. God made my breasts to nourish my babies. I don't show them off, but I have no problem discreetly feeding. We are bombarded with "sexy" images of women at the grocery store line on mags who use their boobies to entice, we are plauged with it on tv and the average church goer has no problem sifting thru' that or letting their children or man view it!, but they may rise an eyebrow if you are modestly covered nursing. Drives me bonkers. Most people in church won't even realize what's going on. One time I was covered and nursing and an older lady (late 60's) came up to me and said oh let me c that baby! and made motion to lift the flap. I said calmly with a smile, you can c him, but he is feeding right now. She made big eyes and said oh sorry. I said don't apologized. It's fine! lol
LilWifee is offline   Reply With Quote