Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-14-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
how long to pump and dump?

well I wont dump it...I'll donate it. Here's the deal

we discovered that DD2 is sensitive to dairy and chocolate when she was 6 wks old. I have since removed such things from my diet and she is doing sooo much better. I should add we can tell instantly if I've had amounts of either. Stuffy nose, screaming baby, nasty looking diapers...yadda yadda. Mine and DH's anniversary is coming up and my mom always babysits so we have the afternoon to spend at our favorite fondue resturant. 2 of the 4 course are cheese and chocolate. I fully intend to enjoy this once a year dinner and have both. I plan to pump and donate my milk and give DD2 bottles from the freezer stash. I just dont know how long I will have to give her bottles from that stash for the chocolate and cheese to work its way out of my system or be in small enough amounts she's not miserable. Thoughts mamas?

Advertisement

Old 07-14-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
kaia.aline
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: how long to pump and dump?

not sure but are you going to the melting pot? i LOVE that place dh and i go there every year on our anniversary!

Ask me how to earn FREE jewelry and other amazing deals from Lia Sophia!
kaia.aline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 04:42 PM   #3
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yes!!! we've been married 6 yrs nxt week and I totally look forward to it ALL year
Old 07-14-2011, 05:54 PM   #4
Mara'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My dr told me it can take 2+ weeks to fully get out of your system, but I'm not sure how true that is.
Mara'sMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 06:16 PM   #5
Connor
Registered Users
seller

It can take up to 21 days to fully get out of your system, just depends on how severe her allergy is. My DS is allergic to dairy, I've tried reintroducing twice, and it usually takes 3 days for many of his reactions to clear up. But, each time I've reintroduced an excema patch appears (once on the lower back, once on his booty), and it's been 3 weeks since i tried dairy and then stopped it again and I can still slightly feel where the excema was. However, cheese is towards the bottom of the totem pole so to speak so it may not take as long to get out of your system. HTH
Old 07-15-2011, 10:42 AM   #6
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

I would go maybe 3 or 4 days and then try one at every other feeding. I can totally understand you wanting to indulge but that means you also cannot bf your baby for that amount of time. If that is something you are fine with then go for it and enjoy. As long as you are together for your anniversary then it shouldn't matter where you are. You can always go when lo is older!
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 12:49 PM   #7
BESMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

LLL told me 3 weeks.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #8
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myclanof6 View Post
I would go maybe 3 or 4 days and then try one at every other feeding. I can totally understand you wanting to indulge but that means you also cannot bf your baby for that amount of time. If that is something you are fine with then go for it and enjoy. As long as you are together for your anniversary then it shouldn't matter where you are. You can always go when lo is older!
I know! I was talking to my mom about this yesterday and I just don't see me being able to do it I love the cuddles way too much
Old 07-15-2011, 03:27 PM   #9
myclanof6
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by doodle19 View Post
I know! I was talking to my mom about this yesterday and I just don't see me being able to do it I love the cuddles way too much
If you aren't sure then I wouldn't do it. It's not being selfish to want to do something like eat chocolate (yum) but you chose to do the best thing possible for your babies and that sometimes means delaying some good stuff! We went to a friends house and they made margaritas and I was so bummed!! I had ONE sip and it was the tastiest thing in the world! That one sip was enough to satisfy me for a few more months. I know I can wait to indulge myself because I know it's for the best. But that doesn't make it any easier.
I lift my eyes unto the hills, Where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, The Maker of Heaven and Earth. And I'll praise You in this storm and I will lift my hands, For You are who You are no matter where I am, And every tear I've cried You hold in Your hand, You never left my side and though my heart is torn, I will praise You in this storm
myclanof6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 08:20 PM   #10
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

I was going to say 3 weeks, too. The biggest problem I see with that is that your little one might develop a really strong bottle preference in that amount of time, jeopardizing your entire nursing relationship.