Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2010, 09:53 PM   #321
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Monday!

:cough: Think I'm gonna die. I'm seriously considering keeping all the kids home tomorrow. Technically I think I supposed to keep Ginger home anyway, since she did have a slight fever this afternoon. My sinuses have just imploded on me. I even had DH go buy me a NeilMed, and it helped a little but since my problem is swelling it didn't help much. I actually broke down and did a shot of the kids' Dimetapp, that's how desperate I am right now. Hell, I won't even take tylenol or vitamins. It just came out of nowhere, and at least the youngers have it too. IDK if it's a virus or just REALLY bad allergies. It sucks.

I skimmed. I love MH's wooly pix, totally agree there is some serious issues with parental involvement in schools. Also there is too much beaucracy for teachers to deal with, they have to fill out a form every time someone farts so they have no time to do their real jobs. Saw the pix of Elijah, so cute. Glad V's eyes are good, glasses are no fun let me tell you as one who wears them and has a young kid who wears them too. Especially glad Cecelia's op went ok, I was worried about you today mama. Surgery is still surgery, rest up and take care of yourself.

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2010, 09:57 PM   #322
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

for those who were interested the pumpkin custard is basically just pumpkin pie sans crust to lose some of the fat and carbs - I also use 3/4 splenda so that i can eat it without guilt or making myself sick.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:01 PM   #323
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

cute pics of the girl and pants Jen
Cheryl

I have two loaves of modified magic malt o meal mini bread loaves in the oven - i added leftover peaches, plums and nectarines - dropped most all the sugar and oil, subbed in some coconut milk too - on the top though i did a makeshift fruit stressel thingy with brown sugar, oats, flour and more chopped fruits.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:06 PM   #324
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Also, I just had DH kill a really big spider. So now I can't go to sleep because I will dream about spiders. I have to do other things until I forget that I saw it.

Oooh, the Dimetapp is helping a bit. I only took a child dose, IDK that it can save me but at this point I will take what I can get.

DH forgot and left his lunchkit outside the bathroom on his way home from work. It better still be there tomorrow! Grrr. I told him I was going to pack his sandwich in the Dora sandwich box as a consequence. And I almost did it, except I don't want him to lose TWO sandwich boxes.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:08 PM   #325
negrapy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

cheryl take a whole adult dose for goodness sakes! Maybe if you're lucky it will knock you out and you'll sleep soundly all night
Old 09-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #326
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, historically me and my whole family (upwards and downwards) don't do well with antihistamines. So I am always scared to take a full adult dose the first time, because my family does not need *me* on meth, LOL. I only gave this to the kids because it is what my mom gave to me as a kid, and by some miracle they have not changed the formulation in 30+ years like many of the other cold/allergy brands have over time, so I knew they had a good chance of not reacting to it. I haven't taken it since I was like 10 or 12, I don't think.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:14 PM   #327
niftysmith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
I have two loaves of modified magic malt o meal mini bread loaves in the oven - i added leftover peaches, plums and nectarines - dropped most all the sugar and oil, subbed in some coconut milk too - on the top though i did a makeshift fruit stressel thingy with brown sugar, oats, flour and more chopped fruits.
Yum! That sounds so good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
for those who were interested the pumpkin custard is basically just pumpkin pie sans crust to lose some of the fat and carbs - I also use 3/4 splenda so that i can eat it without guilt or making myself sick.
Mmmmpumpkin.

@Cheryl - Now I might dream about spiders. Oh no!

letterpress printer + graphic designer open for business - my portfolio
niftysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:21 PM   #328
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Tif, when DH and I bought our first house 12 years ago, it was right next to a very large undeveloped field. So we had a small series of plagues of various critters for a while as they got used to the industrialization going on. Not kidding, ants, then locusts, then grashoppers, then spiders. I was actually relieved when the spiders came, they ate everything else. But one night right as I was falling asleep, I saw a spider crawl across our bedroom wall. So yup, I had a nightmare of Arachniphobia magnitude, like the scene in Indiana Jones 3(?) with the bugs. Woke up screaming and throwing pillows and covers and cats and DH was freaking out because I woke him from a deep sleep and he didn't know what the heck was going on.

So now I don't dare go to sleep right after I've seen certain things, LOL.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:26 PM   #329
niftysmith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Aww.

I grew up in Florida, so there were always cockroaches. I lived in an apartment complex one summer and all of my neighbors moved out within a week of each other. So, I was the only populated apartment in the block. I got EVERYONE else's cockroaches. I was up all night long one night because I saw one crawl into the air vent above my bed.

I literally couldn't sleep because I was afraid it would come out and fall on me.

So, I understand. I really, really do.

letterpress printer + graphic designer open for business - my portfolio
niftysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:43 PM   #330
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, that's one advantage to living up here. None of those giant tree roaches that fly.

Now I'll never get to sleep.