Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-12-2014, 02:04 PM   #1
agsmith
Registered Users
seller

Chemical free mattresses

Hi! Does anyone have an organic mattress company that they'd like to recommend. My concerns are the chemicals sprayed on the mattresses. A lot of the mattresses I have looked at are way too pricey for our budget. Or I f you have a solution to minimize the off gassing, that would be great! Thanks!

Advertisement

agsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 02:16 PM   #2
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

My 2 yr old has crib matress by naturpedic with is organic. That was purchased right before I had her when we had 2 incomes. Now for my 5 month old I purchased a lullaby (<--I think that is the name) crib mattress since you aren't supposed use the same mattress on more than one baby. Lullaby or lulla-baby is made by naturpedic to be more budget friendly. It isn't organic but does pass the green tests so I am comfortable with it.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2015, 07:43 PM   #3
melisandescott
Registered Users

Re: Chemical free mattresses

We have a Savvy Rest, but it can be pricey (I think ours was about $3500 for a queen and foundation). BUT, if you check their website, they do run deals a couple times a year (next up in March, probably, if the same as last year). With our mattress, we got free shipping, a free mattress pad, and 3 free pillows.
melisandescott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:04 PM   #4
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

My memory foam mattress really did a number on my health with off-gassing, although I'm an extra sensitive person that way. If you are looking for adult mattresses, I bookmarked this site as more affordable than most mattresses of this nature whenever my foam mattress has had its run. Of course, you would need to not be allergic to latex, and I cannot provide a review of the actual product: http://www.sleepez.com/organic.htm
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 11:54 PM   #5
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Look at the Pure Echo. It's the most affordable organic mattress that I've found, and I am happy with mine. I've been sleeping on it almost three years.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:22 AM   #6
Melinda29
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by debcita429 View Post
My memory foam mattress really did a number on my health with off-gassing, although I'm an extra sensitive person that way. If you are looking for adult mattresses, I bookmarked this site as more affordable than most mattresses of this nature whenever my foam mattress has had its run. Of course, you would need to not be allergic to latex, and I cannot provide a review of the actual product: http://www.sleepez.com/organic.htm
SleepEz mattresses are excellent! We have 3 and they are very high quality, but cheaper because they are factory-direct. The customer service is excellent as well. The owner has called me at home to confirm my order every time, and he is very helpful in determining what level of firmness you should buy based on your weight and sleeping position. We got a split queen mattress so DH and I can have our own sides customized, at no extra charge.
Melinda29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 07:12 PM   #7
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melinda29 View Post
SleepEz mattresses are excellent! We have 3 and they are very high quality, but cheaper because they are factory-direct. The customer service is excellent as well. The owner has called me at home to confirm my order every time, and he is very helpful in determining what level of firmness you should buy based on your weight and sleeping position. We got a split queen mattress so DH and I can have our own sides customized, at no extra charge.
Great to know!
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2017, 05:26 PM   #8
MicrofiberMama
Registered Users

Great conversation- thanks for the review on the Pure Echo!
MicrofiberMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:23 AM   #9
DanielaLee
Banned

Organic mattresses are great untill you're not allergic to them. They're also rather expensive, but if you're not afraid of price, check this informative guidance on bamboo mattresses . Bamboo is being used to infuse the memory foam, it makes this type of mattresses really premium class goods. Bamboo grass is famous for it's anti-bacterial, anti-fungus and anti-microbical properties, so that these mattresses are chemicals and PVC free. These mattresses provide with the excellent spine support, they're breatheable and hypoallergenic. A dust won't gather there, and bugs won't attack you. I personally want to buy Night Therapy 10 Inch Pressure Relief mattress, as it is durable, infused with top quality materials, requires no assembly.
DanielaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 02:20 PM   #10
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We went with organic cotton and wool mattresses. Crib mattresses from Organic Grace, I love them and they have held up really well--we have 3 and just rotate the kids up as they age, so the infant mattress never has a toddler jumping on it. But really even the one we put the 3-4 year olds on is still plenty firm and could safely have a newborn/infant after 5+ years of constant use.

For twin and queen Organic Grace was so expensive we found My Green Matttress and they are also wonderful. At first we just bought a twin as each child outgrew the toddler bed, but they really are great, and we had concerns about the off gassing chemicals (the reason for organic in the first place) so we also switched our older children's and DH and mine. I was actually terrified to switch--I have always had back trouble, and was pregnant at the time which makes it worse and I was so afraid to end up hurting, but it was actually much more comfortable than my other mattress had been! I was shocked. It's been a few years and I'm still comfortable.

This kind of mattress isn't waterproof, so for cribs and any bedwetters you want a waterproof cover. Rather than just adding a plastic layer, we use the wool puddle pads.

If I had to buy more crib mattresses I would look at My Green Mattress as I think it's cheaper now than Organic Grace, their service is great, and their wool pads are thicker--though I think they discontinued them, or they were just out when I last looked. Both are wonderful mattresses though. Only complaint is with the most recent child's twin I bought from MyGreenMAttress they had changed the color, instead of a plain cream color, it is now speckled with brown dots and trim. When it arrived I was bedridden and DH set it up so I never saw it for weeks and didn't know it had the brown, and when I finally saw it I just thought "that is UGLY!" It isn't actually that bad, just not pretty like the cream ones.
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote