Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #1
Mommy2JandS
Registered Users
seller
seller

Fluoride Free Water?

I posted over in Special Needs too, b/c I am looking at fluoride free water b/c of my DS, but then I remembered this forum.. yes, my brain has ceased to be functional recently.

I'm looking for recommendations of either bottled water that is fluoride free or
a reasonably priced home system. From what I
could tell the fluoride levels in our public water are very high and I'm not convinced that ingesting fluoride is the answer for oral health either.

Has anyone used this one? http://www.purewateressentials.com/ct-00145.html

Advertisement

Old 05-22-2013, 08:47 PM   #2
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Fluoride Free Water?

I have the on top of the counter variation of this (there is also an under the counter option; consider how much space you have above and plumbing costs for below): http://www.pureeffectfilters.com/fil...ect-ultra.html

I did a LOT of research and really thought this gave the most bang for the buck. It also allows enough exposure to the various media to be really effective (something that is very hard to achieve in a single canister), has a fast flow, does not strip wanted minerals, and targets both chlorine and chloramines (both of which my city uses).

They also have full house systems depending on what your needs are.
debcita429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:56 PM   #3
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

p.s.--The unit is roughly the same length as my Rubbermaid dish-drainer and sits against the wall behind it. Although it is geared for use on the right side of the sink, I unscrewed the base and and reversed everything to put it on the left side without any problems. It was slightly tricky for a novice like me to get the intake and outtake tight enough and the hose jammed in well enough w/o fearing I'd break a $300 piece of equipment, but it's pretty elementary.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:16 PM   #4
vjbakke
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

A reverse osmosis water filter will remove fluoride. A good quality one is well worth the money. We did a rent to own one for a year then paid off the balance. Check with plumbing and similar business in your town and see what they have to offer. In the mean time do you have stores that you can bring in bottles to fill with water? Check to see if the water you refill your bottles with was filtered through reverse osmosis.
vjbakke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 12:52 PM   #5
debcita429
Registered Users
seller
seller

One thing about RO is that it sort of strips everything from the water (or keeps your body from absorbing anything in the water); you will need to add your own minerals back in. This works ok for some people, and others find that their guts are sensitive to solutions like ConcenTrace minerals. If you feel RO is best for you, try out the mineral solutions on your systems before trying. (Fwiw, with my filter you may have slight sensitivities to the mineral concentrations during the first several days b/c at first the mineral deposits will be so strong that they are cloudy.)
Old 05-09-2017, 08:18 PM   #6
MicrofiberMama
Registered Users

Yes to getting fluoride out! We got one that goes under the sink- you should be able to go to a water filtration place and be able to get one...
MicrofiberMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 01:47 PM   #7
hopeworks
Registered Users
seller

Any RO Brand recommendations?
hopeworks is offline   Reply With Quote