Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-11-2015, 08:44 AM   #1
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

What SLS Free Toothpastes w/ Fluoride do you use for the family?

I've decided to try and switch to the family to SLS free fluoride toothpastes but I am having having trouble finding good ones.

DS just started liking the Kiss My Face Berry Mint which is good. It took some warming up the the flavor I think.

I currently have JASON Sea Fresh but I'm not liking it at all, I feel like it leaves behind a resido that requires me to spit several extra times.

DD uses little treehouse which is good for her. (its what I have my kids use until they are good at spitting - fluoride free)

Have you found any good SLS Free Toothpastes with Fluoride?

Advertisement

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 03-05-2016 at 05:13 PM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 08:58 PM   #2
EnlistedinHisArmy
Registered Users

Re: What SLS Free Fluoride Toothpastes do you use for the family?

i have the Jason cinnamon teatree and have not noticed that it leaves a residue. Dont love the taste tho. Its not terrible but not very inviting either.
EnlistedinHisArmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:45 AM   #3
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers
Old 11-20-2015, 06:53 AM   #4
Mollymommy91
Registered Users

We use Fluoride-Free Botanically Bright™ Toothpaste.
Mollymommy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:09 PM   #5
earthgrrl77
Registered Users
seller

My husband and I use Tom's of Maine Clean and Gentle. It has fluoride but no SLS. I haven't found one that I feel comfortable with for my 4 year old--I had been using Tom's Children's Toothpaste for her but it has SLS. Then the dentist gave her a goody bag with small tube Crest or something that is blue and sparkly and full of nasty stuff that I prefer to avoid and she insisted on using it. She'd better enjoy it while it lasts because I certainly won't be buying that crap for her!
earthgrrl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:12 PM   #6
Alfresco5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Trader Joe's Fennel, it's fantastic! Eventually gonna add that to my list of things I make, but haven't had time yet.
Alfresco5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:13 PM   #7
earthgrrl77
Registered Users
seller

Also, Trader Joe's did have a Peppermint Toothpaste with fluoride and no SLS, but I'm not sure if they carry it anymore (they were out last time I looked). Hopefully they do because it was cheaper than Tom's.
Old 12-30-2015, 09:17 PM   #8
earthgrrl77
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfresco5 View Post
Trader Joe's Fennel, it's fantastic! Eventually gonna add that to my list of things I make, but haven't had time yet.
But unfortunately fluoride-free...
Old 01-04-2016, 11:17 AM   #9
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by earthgrrl77 View Post
My husband and I use Tom's of Maine Clean and Gentle. It has fluoride but no SLS. I haven't found one that I feel comfortable with for my 4 year old--I had been using Tom's Children's Toothpaste for her but it has SLS. Then the dentist gave her a goody bag with small tube Crest or something that is blue and sparkly and full of nasty stuff that I prefer to avoid and she insisted on using it. She'd better enjoy it while it lasts because I certainly won't be buying that crap for her!
I grew up in maine with Toms and I do like it, what I'm switching from only to get away from SLS. Good to know they have a SLS free flouride TP but I can't do Toms peppermint, its too strong tasting.

my kids use to get that sparkle crap too, (though never let them try it), I've told the dentist they can get a new toothbrush but please nothing else.

My kids use treehouse with no fluoride until good with spitting, I believe it actually FDA approved for eating so there is no concern there.

I recently got the Kiss my Face triple action with fluoride and love it. It has Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate which is a different SLS and appears to be a more natural thing not to be as concerned about (though some avoid it). it has a good flavor and cleans well, I like it. I read about it at honest.com (though how much I trust honest...). The Kids Berry Flavor doesn't have either SLS.

I did also see a tripe action and a whitening option from the Natural Dentist that I might try at some point(disclaimer - I've read its very "paste"). My son is getting low on the Kiss My Face and since I don't think he loves the flavor I got a Grape Flavored Toothpaste from Natural Dentist w/ Fluoride that was rated well on amazon. I can report back on it later. Neither of these has the alternative SLS either.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Last edited by Pixi6s; 01-04-2016 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-04-2016, 11:28 AM   #10
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

Last edited by Pixi6s; 01-04-2016 at 11:30 AM.