Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 12-17-2017, 10:22 PM   #151
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Re: December 11 Chatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten View Post
We had an awesome table from the thrift store. It was nice wood and sat 6-8 without the leaves, and it had two leaves. It was awesome for our giant family. Then we broke it.

Right now we are using a lifetime brand long plastic table. It isn't awesome, obviously, but we got it really cheap and it cleans up fantastically. I am sure we will invest in a real table in a couple years but for right now this is working pretty well.

I'm crying for you on the table! Nooo!!!!!

I really want one of those awesome Amish ones with leaves that flip in and out but it looks like that's in the category of..... ain't gonna happen. (They are super pricey.)

So I will settle for a Farmhouse one that is thick and beautiful as soon as I get a dining room big enough to hold it.

Is your plastic table textured or smooth?

Advertisement

MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:34 PM   #152
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
OOH! Let's talk tables!!!

I have a counter height square table. It is five feet square with the leaf in (we leave the leaf in for about half the year or more). And it's an almost standard length rectangle without the leaf.

If you were close, I would give it to you so I could get a standard height table. We have had so many kids fall out of these tall chairs it's pitiful.
It's not little kid friendly but adults or big kids don't have a problem.

So a 5í square fits what? 8 people?

My issue is my giant teen boys all want to sit at the counter. So does DH, my counter seats two ☹️ they are all tall. DH is 6í4 and my oldest teen is 6í2. The next two teens are following tight behind. They all think counter height is more comfortable

I would totally trade you Chirpy if we were closer!!

My plan is to have a large counter height table made with a Formica type top. Then I might just bring in a little picnic table for Morgan. Iíll also put a baby seat at big table that hooks on... at least thatís my plan.

I want to do this now, but I keep getting side tracked with more important things to buy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-17-2017, 11:38 PM   #153
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post
So a 5í square fits what? 8 people?

My issue is my giant teen boys all want to sit at the counter. So does DH, my counter seats two ☹️ they are all tall. DH is 6í4 and my oldest teen is 6í2. The next two teens are following tight behind. They all think counter height is more comfortable

I would totally trade you Chirpy if we were closer!!

My plan is to have a large counter height table made with a Formica type top. Then I might just bring in a little picnic table for Morgan. Iíll also put a baby seat at big table that hooks on... at least thatís my plan.

I want to do this now, but I keep getting side tracked with more important things to buy.

Yes it will seat 8, but we only have 6 chairs. I wish I could find a bench to match it. I have looked for years and haven't found the right one yet. A bench would fill up one side. Two adults or three Chirpys could sit together, instead of the two missing chairs.

What Baby seat that attaches have you found? If Morgan could sit on one of those for a good while, we could all sit at the table together. As it is now, the high chair isn't tall enough and we are short one chair if I use the booster chair mentioned before.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 05:34 AM   #154
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

A custom counter height table would be awesome. It wouldn't work for us because we are all short but my friend had a counter top height and loved it.

We just got rid of our nasty table recently and got a new to us one from the farm down the road. I'm afraid the kids are going to break it because the sides fold down and they keep leaning across it. I also have to keep it covered because of water staining. I like the size of it and if we move it better fit.

Our friend made the benches we use on each side. I do need two end chairs at some point but haven't found any I like.

I'm going to get bloodwork done and all my kids want to come for the ride including the ones that have school.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:19 AM   #155
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Yes it will seat 8, but we only have 6 chairs. I wish I could find a bench to match it. I have looked for years and haven't found the right one yet. A bench would fill up one side. Two adults or three Chirpys could sit together, instead of the two missing chairs.

What Baby seat that attaches have you found? If Morgan could sit on one of those for a good while, we could all sit at the table together. As it is now, the high chair isn't tall enough and we are short one chair if I use the booster chair mentioned before.

I bought mine years ago from toys r us. Amazon has several. But I do find them harder to clean because their fabric, thats why I ended up with the booster seat.

Old 12-18-2017, 07:25 AM   #156
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
A custom counter height table would be awesome. It wouldn't work for us because we are all short but my friend had a counter top height and loved it.

We just got rid of our nasty table recently and got a new to us one from the farm down the road. I'm afraid the kids are going to break it because the sides fold down and they keep leaning across it. I also have to keep it covered because of water staining. I like the size of it and if we move it better fit.

Our friend made the benches we use on each side. I do need two end chairs at some point but haven't found any I like.

I'm going to get bloodwork done and all my kids want to come for the ride including the ones that have school.

Agla- itís strange but Iím just under 5í and I like sitting at the counter also.

I love farm type of benches. If we didnít go with the counter table Iíd definitely like a bench on one side.

My current table gets stains on it to. It was a beautiful old oak table but we do art work on it... so now itís not

My chairs match each other but not the table. Their solid oak and from a restaurant though so Iím keeping them until we get a new table.

Iíve thought about painting them in rustic colors. But I havenít even painted the walls yet I need to get motivated!!

Old 12-18-2017, 07:48 AM   #157
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Our table is textured.

We also have this https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00...eGL&ref=plSrch in a sort of dining room like room upstairs. We sometimes eat breakfast and lunch up there, and I love this table. It's great to take outside for a picnic or take camping, we have gotten so much use out of this!
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:05 AM   #158
kmrotski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would LOVE a huge live edge table.

Right now we have a round glass table. I hate it. But it is really easy to clean although at the same time it always looks dirty since all it takes is one little hand print.
kmrotski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:41 AM   #159
gheera47
Registered Users

DH has a Dr appointment today. Since the whole family (except my teen) sees the same Dr, I made arrangements for DS2 to get his flu shot at the same time. DS2 heard me on the phone and being almost 4, has fixated on this for almost 2 weeks.

So this morning he is crying about it and DH is "promising the moon" to him. DH keeps giving me this look like "do I really have to do this!". I am thinking "hey, wait a minute, like it's been fun for me to do 4 years of shots".

I was just thinking it would be hard comforting 2 little ones if he got the shot later this week when DD has her well baby visit and get her next round of shots, plus her follow up flu shot.

How come mom's get to have all the fun?!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
gheera47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 11:51 AM   #160
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like sitting at our island but whenever I sit at a tall table I get the sensation I'm going to fall off.

I took everyone with me and we did a little shopping. I got 10lbs leg quarters for $5.56 so I was excited.

I found some clearance table cloths at Kmart and even if they aren't my taste at $1 and change I could not resist.

Baking two types of bread and thinking about eating lunch.