Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-30-2015, 11:00 AM   #11
ketchupqueen
Registered Users
seller

Re: Birth Bag Bonuses

Extra hair bands- I usually put my hair in a bun in labor but sometimes they snap.
Snacks for labor support are essential. Things can change fast and I don't want my husband getting faint with hunger, lol, but I don't want him having to leave to get food.
Extra phone charger- something I'm likely to forget but need.
Fuzzy socks- much better than the ones the hospital gives out. I can't have a baby without my fuzzy socks.

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2015, 11:06 AM   #12
ketchupqueen
Registered Users
seller

Oh! Ring sling. There have been times I was very glad to have that immediately after birth.
Old 01-31-2015, 06:14 PM   #13
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

Chapstick & hair ties
Rice bag (I like it during labor)
I pack travel sized toiletries so I don't need to worry about grabbing them last minute.
I use the hospital provided pads and undies while I'm there (I hate coming home with laundry) but I bring some nice thick ones with wings to wear home.

I enjoy my mini vacation in the hospital so I don't try to get out as fast as I can so there's some stuff I bring that you may not have need for:
Thank you cards so as people visit and bring gifts I can stay on top of those.
Breast pads as my milk is usually in before I leave (it's come in earlier and faster with each baby)
S 3/15 7lbs 15oz 20.5in
Pikemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 07:49 PM   #14
NatureCoastMommy
Registered Users
seller

Music, I plan on bringing the laptop so I can listen to my iTunes during labor and after. It is always a great distraction and mood stabilizer for me.
Save 10% in my Etsy Shop Coupon Code: Swappers
NatureCoastMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2015, 10:35 PM   #15
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, Lindsey.....Chapstick!!! I didn't have it with my first and my lips were sooo dry from breathing through all the contractions. They finally got me some vaseline but yuck. With DS I made sure and had my chapstick!
Old 02-01-2015, 05:28 PM   #16
chach4
Registered Users
seller

Yes to hair ties and chap stick. For sure. This might be weird but for my other kids I bought a "special" lip balm scent.. then later whenever I'd use it it'd bring me back to baby's birth.
I also like a pair of slip on rubber bottom slippers. I got a cozy pair on Christmas clearance for like $4.
I also like my own comfy clothes. Either cute pajamas or yoga pants...
As far as I'm concerned hubby can fend for himself as far as snacks and clothes and stuff. He will come home anyway to get kids and he can get more clothes if needed. All I'll probably put in my bag for him is 1 comfy change of clothes.
Oh and I'll for sure have small size toiletries all packed so if I need to leave in a hurry im not forgetting. My sister is a stylist so she gives me samples of good natural hair products she uses at her salon .
chach4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2015, 07:34 AM   #17
Zoey87
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
With my last one I made a focal point picture. So I could concentrate on that when things got tough. Also for this one we are going to try a hospital water birth with our midwife, so I'm going to bring extra supplies for that (not exactly sure what I'll need yet lol). The last thing I don't want to leave without is out EO diffuser. We usually have a 3 day stay in the hospital and it's always nice at night to diffuse lavender to relax me, plus it has a blue illuminating light in it that will be nice during the water birth.
Zoey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 11:39 AM   #18
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

Zoey, check and make sure that's OK at your hospital, I know most hospitals won't allow you to bring in anything that will diffuse a scent. Most have rules regarding lotion/perfume that employees are allowed to wear even. So many people are so sensitive to scents.
S 3/15 7lbs 15oz 20.5in
Pikemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 12:18 PM   #19
Zoey87
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikemommy
Zoey, check and make sure that's OK at your hospital, I know most hospitals won't allow you to bring in anything that will diffuse a scent. Most have rules regarding lotion/perfume that employees are allowed to wear even. So many people are so sensitive to scents.
It's really funny that you say that, I thought the same thing! But our midwife is actually the one who suggested it as a relaxation technique.
Zoey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2015, 01:53 PM   #20
bananasfoster
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoey87 View Post
With my last one I made a focal point picture. So I could concentrate on that when things got tough. Also for this one we are going to try a hospital water birth with our midwife, so I'm going to bring extra supplies for that (not exactly sure what I'll need yet lol). The last thing I don't want to leave without is out EO diffuser. We usually have a 3 day stay in the hospital and it's always nice at night to diffuse lavender to relax me, plus it has a blue illuminating light in it that will be nice during the water birth.
We're hypnobirthing, so I'm bringing my meditation CD and a mix of songs as a sort of focus item, I guess. Last time the music worked pretty well up until pushing, and then I don't think I had room in my head for anything other than "when will this part be over?!?". I actually just got some LED candles to put in the room as a nightlight/mood lighting.

I was thinking about maybe bringing some sort of scent to distract me from the yucky hospital smell, I have a really nice smelling scented geranium that I might clip a few leaves from to bring along.

Chiropractor by day, Wife ,and Mommy to to DD (10/10) and DS 03/15
bananasfoster is offline   Reply With Quote