Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2018, 05:33 PM   #91
Kelley76's Avatar
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,613
Re: It's October!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Ahhhh. You are the experienced one! I called my doctor first thing this morning and she called in a prescription for fluconazole and said to call the pediatrician to that baby or else we'll just pass it back and forth. Called the pediatrician, and SHE said there's no evidence that it passes back and forth necessarily (maybe that's why it can be only on one side?). So the pediatrician called in some sort of oral drops for baby but said not to bother using them unless he actually shows signs of thrush. So idk who to believe. But, YOU GUYS, I took 2 pills this morning and it feels SOOOO much better already. It's not perfect yet - it still hurts, but not make-me-want-to-scream-and-cry hurt, and hardly any burning between feedings now. I'm amazed.

So...last night I pumped a couple of times and gave him a bottle to save me some agony but I got super nervous about nipple confusion giving a bottle this early. But do I toss any extra milk from yesterday? Or is it ok to freeze?

I'm jealous of all you zoo goers. We haven't been in a super long time. We used to have a membership but we let it run out and I think we'll reinstate it again next spring. It's super expensive here to go without a membership.


Itís free here through next Thursday. Only Tuesday- Fridayís.

Although it was $3 to park and $33.75 for the train (9 of us) DD stayed home . Plus I spent at LEAST $7 feeding fish and goats.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Advertisement

__________________
Kelley- Mom of seven! Married 21 years!
18-16-13-10-7-5 & 1
Kelley76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:34 PM   #92
Kelley76's Avatar
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,613
Re: It's October!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
Ahhhh. You are the experienced one! I called my doctor first thing this morning and she called in a prescription for fluconazole and said to call the pediatrician to that baby or else we'll just pass it back and forth. Called the pediatrician, and SHE said there's no evidence that it passes back and forth necessarily (maybe that's why it can be only on one side?). So the pediatrician called in some sort of oral drops for baby but said not to bother using them unless he actually shows signs of thrush. So idk who to believe. But, YOU GUYS, I took 2 pills this morning and it feels SOOOO much better already. It's not perfect yet - it still hurts, but not make-me-want-to-scream-and-cry hurt, and hardly any burning between feedings now. I'm amazed.

So...last night I pumped a couple of times and gave him a bottle to save me some agony but I got super nervous about nipple confusion giving a bottle this early. But do I toss any extra milk from yesterday? Or is it ok to freeze?

I'm jealous of all you zoo goers. We haven't been in a super long time. We used to have a membership but we let it run out and I think we'll reinstate it again next spring. It's super expensive here to go without a membership.


Iím so glad your on your way to feeling better ♥️


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Kelley- Mom of seven! Married 21 years!
18-16-13-10-7-5 & 1
Kelley76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 05:56 PM   #93
jen_batten's Avatar
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,869
Re: It's October!!

Glad you are feeling better E!

We get a yearly pass. It's only $89/year for two adults + however many kids live in the household. To go one time would cost our family $91 so wouldn't make sense at all to not get the pass. Parking is free, and the kids scavenge fish and goat food off the ground.

I was thinking of doing a movie night tonight (very rare here) but the little guys are pretty tired and the big guys haven't even finished their chores so it's looking more like an early bedtime night instead. Which works well for me, I am pooped!
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:30 PM   #94
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,707
Re: It's October!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaChirpy View Post
Air dry as much as possible. Bleach your bra pads and bras. Bleach towels, diapers.
Oh and that's the other thing - the doctor also told me to get as much air as possible but...how exactly are you supposed to do that?? I'm a drippy mess pretty much all the time right now, plus it's cold!
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:33 PM   #95
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Indianapolis, IN
Posts: 1,707
Re: It's October!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post
Itís free here through next Thursday. Only Tuesday- Fridayís.

Although it was $3 to park and $33.75 for the train (9 of us) DD stayed home . Plus I spent at LEAST $7 feeding fish and goats.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That still sounds pretty reasonable for the size of your family. Here it's like $20/kid and $25-30 per adult, plus $5 parking and cetera. The admission prices change depending on weather and how busy they are. It really irritates me. We get a membership and then try to really use it a lot, or we just don't go at all because one day at the zoo ends up being like $75 for just our little family.
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 07:50 PM   #96
Kelley76's Avatar
Kelley76
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Illinois
Posts: 3,613
Re: It's October!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
That still sounds pretty reasonable for the size of your family. Here it's like $20/kid and $25-30 per adult, plus $5 parking and cetera. The admission prices change depending on weather and how busy they are. It really irritates me. We get a membership and then try to really use it a lot, or we just don't go at all because one day at the zoo ends up being like $75 for just our little family.


I think it was a good dollar about for the zoo today to.
Our zoo is very small though. Approximately 20 acres. It has went down hill over the years. Itís done lots of improvements and has some nice buildings ect. But the big animals are dwindling and I donít see them being replaced. When I was little it was more fun. Fingers are crossed it improves with the new management.

That being said, we had a blast. I feel lucky to have a near buy zoo.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Kelley- Mom of seven! Married 21 years!
18-16-13-10-7-5 & 1
Kelley76 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:21 PM   #97
MamaChirpy's Avatar
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South MS
Posts: 8,051
Re: It's October!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelley76 View Post
Poor Chirpy ❤️ youíve had it SO MUCH! Your a pro on how to get rid of it Iím sure

Iíve nursed 7 of the last 19 yrs and have never had thrush. Do you think some people are just more prone to getting it?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Yes, some people are just cursed. I also have had lots and lots of plugged ducts.

Sugar does affect the yeast/thrush issue. And fats in your diet can cause plugged ducts but don't necessarily.
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2018, 11:36 PM   #98
MamaChirpy's Avatar
MamaChirpy
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: South MS
Posts: 8,051
Re: It's October!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elchorrito View Post
That still sounds pretty reasonable for the size of your family. Here it's like $20/kid and $25-30 per adult, plus $5 parking and cetera. The admission prices change depending on weather and how busy they are. It really irritates me. We get a membership and then try to really use it a lot, or we just don't go at all because one day at the zoo ends up being like $75 for just our little family.


I just put a prefold under my breast if I am still leaking and have thrush. And let them hang out and dry!!!!! Don't put a wet pad or wet anything close to your nipples. You can use a hair dryer on low to dry after feeding.

I'm so glad you got some fluconozole!!! The natural "remedies" are horse mess. I wouldn't waste my time with any of that junk. I do have a recipe for APNO cream. I will have to dig around and find it. But your OB may already know about it.

Maybe the articles I have aren't on KellyMom? I got them from a breastfeeding specialist (MD) a few children ago.

GRAPEFRUIT seed (NOT grape seed) extract does work well. But there are conflicting ideas on how to use it. And don't give it directly to baby. I use it in my washer and as a cleaner. I believe it works.

One thing that will really help is to take a high dose of vitamin D. I had prescription vitamin D of around 20-30 thousand IUs a day at the height of my thrush problem. But I have also had good luck with taking 10,000 IUs a day since then. Make sure and get a quality kind. The liqui-gel capsules are the best. It works great with the fluconozole.

Don't eat any sugar or white flour at all. It feeds the yeast and keeps it growing. Starve it with vegetables and it will die with the fluconozole. Low glycemic foods, no starch!!!

I hope you get over this and don't have a repeat!!!
MamaChirpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2018, 02:23 PM   #99
zeotwoski's Avatar
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Upstate NY
Posts: 1,171
My Mood:
Re: It's October!!

The zoo is way too far away, but I do the same with other things--membership and go a lot, otherwise I'd never pay that much for one day which may or may not go well. We are due for a zoo trip though. Glad you both had a good time.
Glad you're feeling better E! Life with a newborn is tough enough without extra struggles.

Spent the night awake with baby and crouping 4 yo waking each other up all. night. long. That was after helping 10 yo through it all evening. 2 yo and 6 yo were the previous two nights. Worried for my 95 yo grandparents who were exposed to it, and kinda annoyed with the unnamed relative who knowingly brought a sick child into the midst of very old and very young people. Also annoyed that (while I'm still sick) I had to re-install all but one carseat in the van today after sending DH to get the one 4 yo sleeps in during croup (hint: it has never been in the van!). But it was too nice to stay inside and we had a nice walk that kept me awake, and now 4 yo has slept through nap without crouping, so MAYBE he'll be okay tonight, poor guy.
__________________
Cathy
mama to
B(11), S(9), H(7), M(5), L(4), and C(2) Missing babies N, L, R, A, and ^M^Expecting our rainbow baby
zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2018, 10:32 AM   #100
jen_batten's Avatar
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 11,869
Re: It's October!!

Croup stinks. Are they feeling better Cathy?

How are you feeling E?

DH got home late last night and actually has the day off today! We are just planning a lazy day at home, but will be nice for sure.

Kids went to take walnuts to the hullers and the machine broke down just as they pulled in.

Anyone have a tried and true technique for making nursing pads? I have made some in the past but remember them not being absorbent enough for beginning stage nursing. I'm thinking I may scrap bust today.

Last edited by jen_batten; 10-20-2018 at 10:33 AM.
jen_batten is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright © 2005 - 2018 VIX-WomensForum LLC. All Rights Reserved.