Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2015, 10:28 PM   #21
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: March Madness monthly chat :)

Aww he's so cute! He looks like your other son!

There was a car birth on the fb page today! She was in the parking lot of the hospital ER. I love that we are finally having our babies!!!

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2015, 11:56 PM   #22
ducttape
Registered Users

My Mood:

Congratulations, Trudi! He's absolutely precious. I'm glad everything is going well for you both!
Mama to Greta, born in January 2010, and expecting Baby Girl #2 in March
ducttape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:07 AM   #23
Zoey87
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congrats Trudi!! He is beautiful, and look at that hair! I'm glad you and baby are doing well!! sorry for not updating lately, things have been crazy!!
Zoey87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 06:41 AM   #24
cherubina
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi, all. I posted a bit earlier in the chat but kind of fell off the radar. I've still been lurking, though!

Congrats, Trudi! Beautiful baby!

I'm past due at this point. I was due Monday, the 2nd. I had a midwife appointment that day and she checked my cervix. Baby's at -2 station and I'm only 1cm dilated, around 50% effaced. She hasn't even dropped yet and it's my first child! It was kind of disappointing. I have to keep telling myself none of that determines when she will come but it's disappointing nonetheless. My entire pregnancy couldn't have gone better, so maybe she likes it in there so much she just doesn't want to come out!

Other than some increased BH contractions I haven't had any signs that she will come yet. At my appointment next Tuesday I will have a BPP ultrasound and NST. Then at my midwife visit she will check my cervix again and we will discuss induction options based on how far along I am then and what the ultrasound and NST look like. I REALLY hope I don't need that visit altogether if she comes before then. I'd like to avoid induction as much as possible, but of course if it's necessary I'll go for it. My midwife/OB office is pretty good about trying to avoid interventions as much as possible, so if they feel an intervention is necessary, I'll listen to them.

Hope everyone has a great rest of their pregnancy and a safe and swift labor and delivery. Happy EDD month!

Last edited by cherubina; 03-04-2015 at 06:43 AM.
cherubina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 08:56 AM   #25
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

5 days till my EDD.....
I love seeing all the babies showing up, huge congrats to you all!

I have an appt and an ultrasound tomorrow. Part of me wants everything to be perfect so there isn't a reason to induce if I go past my EDD. The other part of me would just love to go get this over with. We shall see!
S 3/15 7lbs 15oz 20.5in
Pikemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 10:26 AM   #26
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cherubina, I know it is hard but hang in there! Remember the date is just a guess and we all cook our babies at different rates! That is why they say most normal births will happen between 38-42 weeks. Some ladies even go to 43/44 weeks and the babies are fine (though I don't think I could ever hold out quite that long!). My first ended up being 2 days early but my second was 5 days late.

I have another cold so I bet baby wont come anytime soon because of that but I would just rather be done! I dont feel well this morning and it was kind of hard to eat breakfast. 8 more days till my due date
Old 03-04-2015, 11:02 AM   #27
krissyc
Registered Users
seller

Congrats to you who have already had your babies!! So exciting! I love seeing the pics!!

Still 11 days from my due date and all my positive-until-the-end intentions are fast flying out the window. I can barely walk because of back pain, sleep so poorly at night that I'm getting more and more exhausted each day, have bouts of nausea all the time (and diarrhea), and baby dropped so much yesterday that I've got that grinding thing going on a lot (that's my best descriptive word for the feeling!). Of course, until I lose my mucus plug, I know I've got at least 12 hours to go (based on past experiences), so it's not going to happen anytime really soon. My midwife doesn't do regular cervical checks or anything because she says they don't actually give useful information prior to labor most of the time. So even though I'll see her tomorrow, of course I won't know any better whether I still have several weeks of this left or just a few days. Just like so many of the rest of you! My earliest baby came at 10 days early, my latest baby came at four days late... No help there!

At least the sun came out again and it's nice enough to take the toddler out into the backyard!! It's amazing how long he'll happily play outside - makes my life a hundred times easier! We also moved him to the big boy bed and he's doing great as long as I get him down for his naps plenty early so he's got time to realize that naps are non-negotiable. So pretty much everything on my must-do list is finished. Now if only I had energy to keep myself busy with the can-do list!

I'm so excited to meet my new little fella! I have a hypnobirthing relaxation track that has me visualize the birth and then visualize my baby after he's born - face, body, arms, legs, fingers and toes - I just love thinking about him!!
Old 03-04-2015, 01:47 PM   #28
bananasfoster
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just wanted to give a quick update. I was up half the night with contractions, and ended up heading to the hospital around 3:30 am. Was only 3 cnm dilated, and shortly after arriving my 4 hour run of contractions dried up. My mw appt was this morning anyway, so we stayed nearby and got breakfast then headed to that. She checked me, said I was at 4 and couldn't feel any membranes attached to strip. Of course then I lost my plug. Now I'm back at the hospital after a nap and some more contractions, and they're going to check me to see if I will be admitted in a few minutes. Dd's labor was nothing like this. I'm pretty frustrated, but resigning myself to going home in a few minutes and being back here in the middle of the night tonight.

Chiropractor by day, Wife ,and Mommy to to DD (10/10) and DS 03/15
bananasfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 02:08 PM   #29
I Dream of Cloth
Registered Users
seller

Congratulations, Trudi! What a handsome bundle!

Mamaleah, I'm sorry you aren't feeling well. However, we all know that's a possible indicator that labor is right around the corner! Get some rest!

Anna, I don't want to jump the gun here but I think you're going to have a baby VERY SOON. Good luck!!

AFM, I am NOT excited about Winter Storm Thor headed our way. I'm TIRED OF WINTER!
My midwife is supposed to come over tomorrow for our weekly prenatal visit and I think she'll most likely have to cancel unless the forecast drastically changes.

I can't believe I'm not due until the 23rd. It feels like years away. I'm being pretty over dramatic, I know, but I'm just READY for this baby, you know?? I think we all are now that it's March! I wanna see whose been in there all these months and start the snuggling!

Mother to 5 girls : R (9yrs), H (7yrs), P (5yrs), V (2yrs), P (newborn), and a boy & girl in Heaven.
I Dream of Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 03:36 PM   #30
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Exciting Anna! Hopefully things happen sooner rather than later so you don't have to go through too much of the annoying part of labor!

I went to Joann's today and found some yarn that perfectly matches the going home outfit I bought. There wasn't a hat that went with the outfit at the store, so I decided I would just make one. I had a white hat but I wanted a colored hat to match. I already made one option and am working on a second, lol! Newborn hats work up so quickly so it isn't too much work. I just couldn't decide which pattern to use so I had to make both and will decide later which one to use. Hahaha!

I am feeling a little less run down than this morning but this cold is still trying to kick my butt. I am so tired! I didn't sleep well last night and was up for around 1.5hrs having different cramps and tightenings and contractions. Only a few seemed real and consistent. The others were just annoying and painful. I don't feel like anything will happen soon. I need to finish cleaning the bathrooms and stuff for when people come over but I just want to sit and relax and do nothing. lol. At least I cleaned 1 of the toilets yesterday...that's good right? hehe