Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #1
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

August/September Chat Thread

Well, now that we have wrestled all our paperwork away from the agency and our lawyer has received it, she still hasn't done anything with it for 3 weeks I don't want to bug her; I called her last Monday. But, maybe I will call her again this week... She is from our church and not charging a lot, but still. Baby is 13 months old now and we would like to finally adopt her.
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 08:44 PM   #2
~*~Sunflower~*~
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: August/September Chat Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnymommy View Post
Well, now that we have wrestled all our paperwork away from the agency and our lawyer has received it, she still hasn't done anything with it for 3 weeks I don't want to bug her; I called her last Monday. But, maybe I will call her again this week... She is from our church and not charging a lot, but still. Baby is 13 months old now and we would like to finally adopt her.
How frustrating! I hope that she gets it done soon!!!
~*~Sunflower~*~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 03:47 PM   #3
Cadeau
Registered Users
seller

I'm sure it's not everyone's experience, but I found w our adoption lawyer that things seemed to take a back burner until I called.

Each call prodded her 1 more step along the way. Took 8mths for us!

Good luck!
Cadeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:25 PM   #4
Believer318
Registered Users

My Mood:
We have a sweet four month old baby girl for the weekend. Doing respite and really enjoying it. :-)
Old 08-17-2013, 10:07 AM   #5
WynneBabies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Still just waiting here. My fingerprints had to be redone so that probably set us back a month. Still hoping to finalize in Sept or Oct and our adoption worker thinks that will happen. Baby girl turns 1 in just a week and a half! Crazy. We're getting some family pictures and her first birthday pics done on Monday by a professional (who happens to be a friend) and I'm really excited!
Old 08-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #6
sunnymommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by WynneBabies View Post
Still just waiting here. My fingerprints had to be redone so that probably set us back a month. Still hoping to finalize in Sept or Oct and our adoption worker thinks that will happen. Baby girl turns 1 in just a week and a half! Crazy. We're getting some family pictures and her first birthday pics done on Monday by a professional (who happens to be a friend) and I'm really excited!
Well, we're still in the race to see who finalizes first. Finally got papers from the lawyer, took them to the bank to sign with the notary yesterday and mailed back to her today. Waiting now to hear when the court date will be. Depends how quickly she turns them in (she needed to make a couple corrections) and how busy the court is. Law is that it must be at least four weeks from request so probably the beginning of October Which will make baby 15mo...

Last edited by sunnymommy; 08-27-2013 at 10:54 PM.
sunnymommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:59 AM   #7
ivparker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ugh, this is why young case workers don't make any sense. Many of them don't understand how some kids have to have their nap. Once again I am fighting to only have one of my 3 visits during nap time. She's pushing for having two of them. I'm just really tired of this. These girls are so cranky and whiney if they don't get their nap. To get them at the parent visit on time I have to wake them up. I've tried putting them down earlier but then they just scream and don't fall asleep. When I wake them up I have to bribe them to get in the car, to get out of the car, they cry when they have to go with their parents. Its just miserable. Its not like the other option of 5:00 is so great either, dinner prep and dinner but its better then the alternative and what we have been doing. They are lucky I'm willing to suffer through with one visit during nap a week, I would think most would refuse. I mean most don't even take their kids to visits because they work although the rules clearly state that even if you work, you need to find transportation for visits. I've been so easy for them...they don't have to pay for daycare, I don't live in a falling apart house, my dh has a very good job so you know we aren't doing this for the stipend, we've always built friendships with the parents, heck we were the only ones in our county and next willing to take the girls. Thanks for letting me vent. I know I'm saying some silly stuff now but its just exhausting dealing with how fostering invades your life...and I'm not referring to taking care of other kids.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:34 PM   #8
millermyer2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
We go to court for the full hearing in a week. Hopefully we will find out what direction we are going with this case!
Old 08-17-2013, 03:12 PM   #9
anne_josh
Registered Users
seller

So great to hear about the finalizations happening

We are meeting with our SW on Tuesday! I can hardly believe it. This will be our first meeting, 10 months in to the process :P But that is ok, because DS2 is in Godzilla mode lately and having him get a little older can only help.. right? Heh. DH and I say on a daily basis that he is lucky he is so darn cute.
anne_josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 03:13 AM   #10
looking8186
Registered Users
seller
seller

Sooo... Update over here! My 22 mo dfs who came to me at 17 mo just went home on the 30th. It's quiet over here now!!! We miss him a lot but I'm enjoying the simplicity and relaxation that comes with only have 2 kiddos. My bio dd is now 4 and my little foster guy is 3mo... He's such a sweetheart, seriously the most incredible baby ever!!! His case is a disaster but he is such a love.

But of course.... Just as I was getting comfy I got a call about another little newborn baby girl. She's still in the hospital at this point... I found out about her a bit over a week ago. I'm hoping that I can get more info tomorrow... It's never easy with this office! I can't decide if I should stick with the easy 2 kiddo situation or reach out and help this baby girl. Such a tough decision. My gut (which is crazy btw) says of course I should take her... My logical side is hesitant!!!