Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-19-2018, 03:00 PM   #11
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: July 2018

I think I feel movement. A couple times pretty good, and often fluttery.

I went into the lab the day they called and today the results started coming in on the online chart thing, but the new antibody has not been added so I don't know what's up. However, the original antibody had a big jump in the 5 days between tests. It's all so weird. DH's search is going well though, several good possibilities that he'll hear back about next week so we'll see.

Advertisement

zeotwoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2018, 08:07 AM   #12
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I felt a couple pokes last night. Just having patience and waiting for this little one to get bigger so I'm not always second guessing it
Old 01-20-2018, 03:06 PM   #13
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you usually find out gender? We always have, but this time DH and I are considering not . The DC disagree with us on that though! U/s is coming up in 3 weeks so we have to decide soon.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:49 AM   #14
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our ultrasound is the week of Valentine's Day. We are probably not going to find out. We didn't with the other two. We have two girls, another girl would be so fun, but it also would be fun to have a son (new uncharted territory ) It is fun to be surprised! Either way we are so excited since this one is already so loved.
Old 01-21-2018, 02:09 PM   #15
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How old are your girls?
Old 01-21-2018, 04:37 PM   #16
nebraskamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They are 4 and 8, but will be 5 and 9 by the time the baby is born.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:46 PM   #17
nothingtosee
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm due in July too! We're planning a homebirth with a Dr/midwife in attendance, as long as I can keep my GD in check.
Old 01-29-2018, 02:29 PM   #18
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebraskamom View Post
They are 4 and 8, but will be 5 and 9 by the time the baby is born.
Fun! My girls are 5 and 7, will be 5 and 8 when baby comes too. They are sandwiched by 4 boys, they really want another girl.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothingtosee View Post
I'm due in July too! We're planning a homebirth with a Dr/midwife in attendance, as long as I can keep my GD in check.
Yay another July mama! Hi.

Is the Dr option a friend, or are you somehow able to arrange that through regular routes? Since you already know about the GD I'm guessing you've dealt with it before--were you able to keep it managed then? I used to wish I were a home birth candidate, but I never will be. Will this be your first at home?
Old 01-30-2018, 02:01 PM   #19
nothingtosee
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeotwoski View Post

Yay another July mama! Hi.

Is the Dr option a friend, or are you somehow able to arrange that through regular routes? Since you already know about the GD I'm guessing you've dealt with it before--were you able to keep it managed then? I used to wish I were a home birth candidate, but I never will be. Will this be your first at home?
She was actually my primary care provider before this- she was a traditional allopathic Dr for several years before switching to a functional health model and midwifery. They don't accept insurance though, so that's big part of why we picked a cost sharing program instead of traditional insurance.

I did not actually have it beforehand- Dr had me testing my glucose levels already to manage my pcos and infertility, so she just had me keep doing them and they were very elevated. She's got me on a no grain, no refined flour, low carb (with fruit allowed though) diet plus Metformin to control things, so hopefully I'll still qualify. If my fasting number doesn't stay down I won't be able to stay with their practice and will have to birth in a hospital. My first go-round in the hospital was awful though, so I'm hoping I won't have to go that route.
Old 01-30-2018, 03:02 PM   #20
zeotwoski
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ah I see. Well I'm glad that you happened to catch it early and can treat it rather than not finding out for months. I see your siggy shows you're a knitter--are you making things for baby yet? I had to do some wool pants for my 7 yo and turning-4-yo before starting baby's things, so I got started on one soaker then woke up in the middle of that night realizing I forgot the next thing in line was a hat and sweater for a friend expecting her first! She'd due before me, so I finished the soaker then have switched to the sweater. I thought I was all set for newborn woolies, but realized most of what I have are longies so I ought to make some more soakers for a July baby! And then also realized that means baby will be bigger in the winter and my little winter wool set won't last the year so I'll need to make a bigger one too. ...and I thought all I was gonna make this LO was a blanket, ha!