View Poll Results: Pg and nursing, for how long?
However long nursling wants, will tandem nurse as well 36 60.00%
Up until delivery but not tandem 0 0%
A few weeks before delivery 1 1.67%
A month or two before delivery 2 3.33%
Half way through 4 6.67%
Only a few months into the pg 3 5.00%
Trying to wean now 3 5.00%
Other 11 18.33%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2008, 04:13 PM   #31
ANDREA0507
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For pg and nursing mamas

I'm actually very surprised by people nursing past 20 weeks pregnant! I nursed DS #1 untill I was about 20 weeks pregnant. It was VERY uncomfortable for me for several weeks before he finally stopped. I read that the body starts to make collustrum (spelling?) around 16 weeks, and I think thats when my milk pretty much dried up and turned to that.

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #32
HaleysMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not pg (yet) but I plan to let DD nurse as long as she wants. I'll tandem if that's what she desires. Tandem might be tricky with me as I am BFARing (bfing after a reduction) and I made *just enough* milk for DD. We'll see.
HaleysMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 05:20 PM   #33
aept
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DommysMommy View Post
I voted however long nursling takes, and will tandem, but I'm not 100%. It's getting VERY difficult to nurse, and I actually resent it at times. I really wanted to tandem nurse, but we'll have to wait and see. Before DH1 was born, I had a big problem with my breasts being touched. I was really concerned I wouldn't be able to nurse because of those feelings of being violated, and I was completely excited that the problems went away when he was born. Well, when I got pregnant with DS2, these feelings started coming back, so nursing DS1 has become a challenge. I'm back to feeling violated, and it's sad I have feelings of violation with my own son. If it gets to the point it becomes a negative experience for him, I will definately stop. I don't want him to have any negative associations with our time. I'm trying to hang in there until the new babe is born, and hope the feelings go away like before. But until then, we're playing it by ear on doing what is best for DS1.
to you Mama!
Just wanted you to know that others have been through that same type of feeling. That and feeling agitated, more than painfulness (which was also present but not terrible), was what caused me to stop offering and to start substituting other things for nursing when ds was able to accept substitutes. Eventually, he did wean, and I would call it "mutual" - not child-led since I was trying to substitute and gently saying "not now" or "later", but then he also just stopped asking. Also, I did gradually night-wean about 1-2 months before he stopped altogether, again because of the "yucky" feelings were keeping be from being able to just doze off during night-nursings like I used to.

Hope that story didn't scare anyone, I just wanted to share my experience with ya, mama! I know there are others who nursed through all of it, too. I think it so much just depends on your ds#1 and how much he seems to still need and want it. I wouldn't ever have guessed my little booby-lover would stop asking for nay-nay, but he surprised me!
aept is offline   Reply With Quote