Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-22-2008, 11:18 AM   #1
j9_shooter9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
The birth of Simeon Paxton -- he's here!!! PIC HEAVY

My baby is finally here.

Here's my birth story and some pics.

On 2/18 we had friends over and stayed up playing cards until about 11 at night. That night I slept horribly and was waking up with gas-like pains about every 1/2 hour to hour. Just got horrible sleep About 6 o'clock I realized that it would probably be baby's birthday that day (2/19). I could just tell by how my body felt. I was so exhausted and tired from lack of sleep that I called my mom to see if she could come take the boys. She was busy, but my older sister offered to come take them.

I had a few crampy contractions until my sister got to my house at 9:30 and picked up the boys. I didn't mention to her that I thought I was going into labor soon. So, I paced around, did some laundry, ate a piece of leftover pizza at 10, and then tried to sleep. Contractions came and were just uncomfortable enough to keep me awake or wake me up if I'd dozed off.

I got up at about 11:30 and decided I'd shower. I hopped on Diaperswappers for a little while, then called DH at noon right before I got into the shower. I asked him if he was ready to have a baby today. He said, "Do you want me to come home now?" I told him, "No, just be ready and I'll call you when I need you." Well, in the shower I had some contractions that were more intense. The water felt good, so I stayed in there for about 25 minutes, then got out, put my cozy clothes on, and realized these contractions were getting closer together and more intense. I called DH back at 12:30 and told him he should come, but not to take me to the hospital yet.

DH came in the door at about 1:00 and I told him I just needed him to get the things in the car, then be by me and rub my back during contractions. They were getting more intense, but manageable. I was getting on my hands and elbows or leaning up against a counter or dresser when they came. They seemed to be lasting for a while and getting closer, so I asked him to time a few. They were 3-4 minutes apart, but I still wasn't sure I was ready to go. I'm NOT a hospital person. I decided we'd go after I had a few more. I was kinda shaky through the next few, so said we could head out. Well, on the way to the car I realized, "I can't sit in that car!" They were too uncomfortable.

So...I got in the middle seat of our Odyssey van, DH put the seat back a little, and I faced the back of the seat and held onto it as we drove. We left at 2:10. Got to the hospital parking lot at 2:25 and DH helped me out and walked me to admitting. I had to stop 3 or 4 times on the way there. I was in a lot of pain at this point, but just breathing through it. The admitting guy ( a sweet younger boy) was a little freaked out. Luckily a Labor and Delivery nurse saw me walking across the parking lot, came down to get me (noticing a woman in labor pain). She offered me a wheelchair, but I couldn't sit. So, I walked with her and DH to the elevator, we rode to the labor ward, and then they took me to a room to check me. It was a tiny little room, but all the labor rooms were full or being cleaned. I told them I was going to have the baby in that room if they put me there. The labor nurse called the midwife, then said she needed to check me. At this point, I felt like pushing. She checked me and I was fully dilated. SO, I created quite the frenzy. It seemed there were 10 people in this tiny room, scurrying about, talking about how I was about to have a baby.

I was squatting during the contractions and the nurse said, "don't push yet." The midwife was there getting dressed and talking with me. She coaxed me onto the bed and we put the back of the bed up so I could hold onto it. I love squatting during labor. She said, "Do whatever feels good." So, what felt good was to push. After 2 pushes I could feel the head crowning. 2 more pushes and Simeon was here! I was facing the back of the bed, so couldn't see. DH couldn't see right away, but then he said, "Oh Janine, another boy!" He was teary-eyed. I stepped over the cord, and turned around, laid down, and they put him on my chest. And I fell in love all over again. He nursed about 5 minutes after birth. And hasn't stopped since. DH later said to me...."Don't do that to me again!" Aidan's birth was much the same....get to the hospital, freak everyone out, and have a baby right then and there. I kinda prefer it that way.

Without further ado:

Simeon Paxton Arthur
Born at 2:59 PM on February 19, 2008
7 lbs 3 oz and 21 in. long
A bundle of love

Just minutes after birth (in his mama's arms)

Big brother Aidan

Meeting Dominic (who was infatuated with his nose)

The proud papa:

Sleeping away (the next day)

Ready to come home:

Couldn't resist this one:

Advertisement

Last edited by j9_shooter9; 02-22-2008 at 05:46 PM.
j9_shooter9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:24 AM   #2
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: The birth of Simeon Paxton -- he's here!!! PIC HEAVY

he was born on my birthday!!! congrats Janine, he is beautiful!!!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:24 AM   #3
iKim
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!!!! Your family is BEAUTIFUL! As are you mama. Hugs and kisses to you all!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
ashleykaymay
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh my gosh!!!!!!!!! he is so beautiful and what a great birth!!!! and you look just amazing!

congrats janine!!
Old 02-22-2008, 11:25 AM   #5
beautiful8
Registered Users
Formerly: beautiful7
seller

My Mood:

oooomygoodness!!!!! he's beautiful!!

congrats! That was a quick labor, wtg!

now get some rest
beautiful8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:26 AM   #6
CarrieAnn0413
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Congrats!!! Wonderful birth story. I hope mine goes that well, you make it sound so easy. He is adorable. I love the ready to come home pic...very cute longies.
Old 02-22-2008, 11:27 AM   #7
Jenifer
Banned

My Mood:

oh mama! CONGRATS! he is so sweet!! i love his name!!
Jenifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:28 AM   #8
heather_c
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

He is amazing and you have a beautiful family! Congrats on a wonderful birth!!
heather_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:29 AM   #9
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

oh my gosh i have tears in my eyes! he's so beautiful, what a lucky mama!!
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2008, 11:29 AM   #10
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

WOW! What a wonderful story and a beautiful baby boy! Welcome, Simeon!

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. – His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote