Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-25-2008, 01:00 PM   #11
happysahm
Registered Users
Formerly: mama22boys
seller

My Mood:
Re: What do ppl say about you doing cd?

They think I am weird and taking a step back. My mom even told her friends we were CDing, because we couldn't afford sposies. We did start CDing to save money, but I really love how soft they are and always on-hand. We've never had a blow-out in cloth like we did in sposies.

Advertisement

Old 02-25-2008, 07:25 PM   #12
Angel B
Registered Users

I've gotten some great responses. Maybe I'm just so scary no one will dispute me HA just kidding!

My MIL CD twins until they were 4 Yes that would be my DH
My mom CDed my brother
My moms BF CD all 4 of her kids.
And my friends are pretty green

So I've gotten favorable responses - especially after I showed them how cute today's CD's are (KL0s) but we're doing prefolds after the KL0s.
Angel B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #13
FinnegansMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nobody cares in my family. Some show interest and ask questions, some are old enough to have diapered babies when pampers weren't even invented yet.

I get more flack from BFing my 16 month old still, but even then still not much.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:51 PM   #14
*Eva*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Everyone in my family is fine w/ it. My mom cd'd both me and my brother and bf'd both of us until we were 2 so she's cool w/ anything lol. My friends either think I'm nuts, which they think anyways, or they don't say anything b/c they know better.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:22 AM   #15
ShayneLeMaster
no caption needed
seller

My Mood:

I've heard every possible thing and even experienced my MIL buying boxes of sposies thinking we were CD'ing cause we couldn't afford diapers. Which is far from the truth. But she also spent 100's of $$ each month buying canned formula for my breastfed ONLY son because she also thought we were BF because we couldn't afford formula again...far from the truth...

My mom thinks its cool, I was cd'ed .

We should have cd'ed DD ( allergic to sposies) but we didn't learn what the problem was until she was Pl-ing and DS started showing same allergic reactions at 6m and we jumped into cloth DS#2 DH said is cloth all the way, no reason we should assume that this child of ours won't have same allergy and have to suffer though the horrible side effects of meds and the rash alone....
Old 02-27-2008, 04:09 PM   #16
S Starr
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The main comment I've heard is, "Oh, wow! That's totally different from what I used!" I think a lot of people still have the safety pins and plastic image -- which is fine, but not as easy or cute as a lot of the options!
Old 03-02-2008, 10:48 PM   #17
rahime
Registered Users

My Mood:

Nobody I've mentioned it to has been supportive so far... including my mom who CD'ed me (but not my little sister... when I asked she said she only did it with me bc her family pressured her to, and she switched to sposies as soon as she could)! Actually, dh is semi-supportive... but then he already had to get used to my cloth pads so he's sort of "broken in." He's very concerned about smell, though... I'm worried that he'll pressure me to switch once we get started.

If people argue with me I just bring up how much cheaper it is (or can be). There isn't really an argument for that...
rahime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 08:39 AM   #18
ELeigh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We started CD with DD since her skin is so sensitive that she can't handle the disposables, and no one has really made any comments on that. We're planning on continuing with this one, and most people are supportive. But, we've only been doing it for about a month, so I'll have to see.
ELeigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:01 AM   #19
CanadianMaple
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Most people are really quiet when I tell them about it. They seem to think I will change my mind when the baby gets here.

My mom did cloth with us but claims that the cloth gave us both horrible diaper rashes.

When I play the environmental/green living card, more people seem to accept it. It's really strange.
#2 due May 13, 2015. FET#2, having the baby DH planned to have together.
CanadianMaple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2008, 09:16 AM   #20
JnSAlger
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Moore, OK/Chesapeake, VA/Lynbrook, NY/Huntsville, AL/Augusta, GA
My Mood:

My MIL Loved it. She CDed 7 out of her 8 kids. My mom doesn't care, my friends in VA think I am weird and it is nasty. Here in Oklahoma they all CD so it is norm. My LO is allergic to disposables so it isn't like I have any other choice anyway!