Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-27-2008, 08:52 AM   #11
MamaZelly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Does anyone else fib about their due date?

No, but I should have. People drove me crazy with comments about when, how much longer, god you're huge, you must be overdue, etc. I was starting to get downright hostile by the end....go figure, huge, beyond uncomfortable, hormonal, and clinically depressed. I would shoot back "oh yes, I DID have the baby. I just like my maternity clothes so much I got a fake belly."

I'm feeling a little guilty about it now.....

Advertisement

Old 02-27-2008, 09:09 AM   #12
Mamatoabunch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Since it is w/in the realm of normal to usually birth any time between 38-42 weeks a birth month is actually more accurate. I always say I am due November or August, etc.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:15 AM   #13
amielia80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did once with my first it was to my job . I was a hairdresser and wanted to stop working a little earlier so I fibbed about my due date to my clients so that I could clear my books and get off my feet for a bit beforevbaby came.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #14
KumfyKozies
Registered Users
seller
seller

Location: Somewhere underneath my yarn and fabric hoard in the US of A
My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by litljenarey View Post
I was 100% positive when we concieved, and I'm in the same boat, my cycle was not the normal 28 days.
So, I told people the last week in February instead of my actual date of March.

Guess what...I'm pretty likely having this baby within 48 hours. My mom flew in this morning. If we had gone by the "due date" then she would have missed it for sure!
That's exactly how it was with DD. I have a much shorter cycle and every woman in my family in the last 3 generations has gone 1-3 weeks early, so I knew I wouldn't last to my January 7 EDD. I told everyone, "Christmas." Wouldn't you know, she was born 12/26. Mama knows best!
KumfyKozies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 10:56 AM   #15
TheQueenKat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have just started to be very vague when people ask me. I am carrying all this weight in my stomach area and butt, whereas last time I got fat all over (like my face, arms, legs, etc). Because of this, I look like I should be due any day now. And Im sick of all the "Youre huge!" "Is it twins?" type comments so I have decided no one needs to know Im still 7 weeks away.

I just say "April" which could mean April 1st really. Right? My actual due date is officially the 17th since I know exactly when I ovulated.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:08 PM   #16
cay929
Registered Users
seller

I also just tell people May. I'm due May 11th...

With my 1st, I gained 70 lbs, due to pre-eclampsia, and I've already started to put on more weight and swell, so it's probably going to happen again, and everyone of course thinks I look like I'm due anyday now....

ppl just need to mind their own business!!!!
cay929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 01:03 PM   #17
Nebula
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm notoriously hard to date, due to my tendency to have false periods in the first trimester and my stubborn insistence on avoiding ultrasounds unless medically indicated. I thought I would have this one in January, and guess what? It's quite nearly MARCH and here I sit, still enormously pregnant. Fortunately I told everyone my due date was "sometime between late January and late February," but this is still not good enough for most people, because 1. They want an EXACT date (like this is some magical number, and like it's any of their business really), and 2. I get a lot of "Well, isn't it time? Why haven't they induced you yet?" (I UC. I don't care to discuss this option with every single person I run into because many freak and again, it's none of their business.)

I tend to go over any dates thrown at me anyway. Had I known a bit better, I would have saved myself a lot of trouble and said April with this one. I'm telling people June now, mostly to be snarky whenever I get the "You haven't had that baby yet?" comment. It saves me from answering, "Yes, I had the baby months ago. This belly here is just from all the beer." Here's your sign. *smack*
Old 02-27-2008, 03:38 PM   #18
MamaEli
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm saying July. (Due date is July 1.) But I was a week "late" with DD, so I guess I'll fend off any possible "have you had that baby yet" stuff. But, DS's dd was July 1 and he came June 26---so we'll see. I really want them to have birthdays a couple of days apart, if not weeks....as if I have any control over it.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:30 PM   #19
saysumthing
Custom Advocacy Tee Creator
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakemaven View Post
I would have said something like, "oh crap, I must have forgotten, thanks for reminding me! I'll go do that right now!"
That is too good not to use! How funny.
saysumthing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2008, 04:36 PM   #20
onlygirl
Banned

My Mood:

i have never had one baby come even close to the due date, so i would just say sometime in january, dont really know. it comes when it comes. fudge all you want.
onlygirl is offline   Reply With Quote