Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-02-2008, 02:36 AM   #1
Nebula
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Pregnancy makes everyone around you stupid.

I can't believe how stupid some people get when faced with a pregnant woman. Some idiot reduced me to tears in public today, which I'm sure was part hormones, part frustration, but mostly this person's idiocy.

So I'm in Wal-Mart with my mother, my sister, and my three boys today. My mom wanted to buy us all lunch, but had to go through checkout with all of her stuff first, so she handed me her credit card and had me go over to the in-store Blimpie to get started on lunch orders for everyone. So, I order, grab the food, and when I turn around I realize some middle-aged, not-real-smart-looking guy sitting at one of the tables is talking to me. I didn't hear him at first.

"Pardon?" I say.

He grinned stupidly and asked, "I said, so when did you say your twins were due?"

My jaw dropped. Some utter stranger was basically saying to me, "Lady, you look like a lumbering elephant and I'm going to tell you so." It doesn't help that I feel like a lumbering elephant, I'm frustratingly past my due date, it's hard enough for me to walk as it is, and some jackass is pointing out to me that I resemble a sperm whale. For the record, I am NOT carrying twins.

I totally teared up right then like I was some 6 year old being made fun of on the playground, but I managed a condescending smile and said (VERY pointedly), "It's NOT twins," He laughed at me. I left for my table as quickly as I could. My mom found me at our table in tears, and my kids were wondering what was wrong with mama. Yeah, I was overreacting, but geez. How can people be so insensitive, especially to a pregnant woman? (Fortunately my mother was very supportive and offered to go bloody the guy's face.)

Between that and all the "You haven't had that baby YET?" comments I get when I go out, I'm ready to just hole myself up in the house until the baby is born. Going out isn't any fun right now. I'm apparently a magnet for stupidity.

Advertisement

Old 03-02-2008, 08:08 AM   #2
RobertsMomma3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pregnancy makes everyone around you stupid.

I used to get idiots like that all the time at work. "Expecting twins" - "Nope" - "Oh my god you poor thing that is going to be one FAT baby"... "When are you due" - "April 3" - "Are you sure its one because you're huge" etc etc etc

People can be so inconsiderate, it's like their parents never taught them "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"
RobertsMomma3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 08:11 AM   #3
BigPappaPrefold
Registered Users

My Mood:

I know my IQ drops 10 - 20 points when Shannon is pregnant.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:16 AM   #4
borja010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertsMomma3 View Post
I used to get idiots like that all the time at work. "Expecting twins" - "Nope" - "Oh my god you poor thing that is going to be one FAT baby"... "When are you due" - "April 3" - "Are you sure its one because you're huge" etc etc etc

People can be so inconsiderate, it's like their parents never taught them "if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all"
Oh yeah, I'd get some classic work comments... Funny, the women most of the time had something really positive or nice to say but the men would always have some jacka$$ comment/story ready, delivered w/a grin and I'm thinking, can people be soooo lame? So sorry mama
Old 03-02-2008, 09:03 AM   #5
mama2cody
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

What an a$$. Seriously. I hope he had a great day knowing he made a pregnant lady cry.

to you! Pregnant ladies need love, not jerkwads!
mama2cody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:11 AM   #6
tmfletch
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No stress Mama, don't let ding-dongs like that get to you. Sounds like that is exactly what he was trying to do. Baby will come on his/her birthday and not a day sooner

Sending some labor vibes your way and hoping for a quick and easy birthing time for you..........
tmfletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:12 AM   #7
Rachaelbee
Registered Users

My Mood:

I hope your baby decides to make their entrance soon ss for inconsiderate people.

I was in the commisary a couple weeks ago and there was a women there that looked a good 8 months preggers, and I asked when she was due, and she said "june" I have to admit the suprise showed on my face she was like 24 weeks along with twin boys, and the little toddler boy she had in her cart kept on throwing everything out of the cart, poor mama was hoping for a girl, she said she cried a lot when she found out it was two more boys, I said I did too when I found out my third was my third girl. Now I'm preggers again, and hoping to God it's a boy!

Hope you have a very easy and soon labor!
Old 03-02-2008, 09:49 AM   #8
Miles
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

(((HUGS))) You poor poor thing. I do know how you feel. I went with DH to get his paycheck one day, usually I dont do it but thought since I was with him I would. One girl looks at me and goes "WOW you sure your not having twins?" I about died, I was so upset but I kept my calm and said no there is only 1 in there. Then she says "Then you must be due soon" I am not due until late April and this was middle of Feb when she said it to me. I told her nope I am not due until April. She gives me this look like she wanted to say I was fat or something, when my FIL(who also works with DH) goes to my DH, I think your wife is ready to leave. DH looks at me and goes ok lets go. He didnt hear the girl say this so when we got the car he asked why I was so upset.
Old 03-02-2008, 09:53 AM   #9
asianmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Amen.
asianmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:57 AM   #10
journey
Banned
seller

When I had a month to go before dd#3 was born dh, our two kids, and I went to a teppan steakhouse to ring in the New Year. So here we are watching the guy chopping everything up on the table, throwing shrimp tails and ppl, and making weird choo choo sounds. Anyways, he asked how I wanted my steak and I said rare as I usually get it and he goes into this big safety spill about rare steak and poisoning my baby. Then I asked for extra egg yolk sauce and he starts lecturing me about cholesterol. After he left the table the couple next to us offered me a glass of champagne and I was thinking I can only imagine if he would have saw them doing this. I swear he should have been a doctor and not a teppan steakhouse chef.
journey is offline   Reply With Quote