Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 11-20-2017, 12:54 PM   #1
lemonpoppyseed
Registered Users
seller

Field Trip Vacation ideas needed!

We have a 2nd grader and K-er (plus 4 year old brother), and planned on taking a big trip to Washington DC this June to visit the Smithsonian museums. Well, now we're expecting in June, and DH will have to take time off for that, so we won't be able to go all the way to DC after all.

Looking for ideas for a 3 day trip within driving distance of central NY (so, Pennsylvania, NY, Southern Vermont, Western MA, even parts of Canada would work). We're considering Sturbridge village, but I'm sure there are a ton more out there!

Advertisement

lemonpoppyseed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 01:24 PM   #2
tallanvor
Registered Users
seller

Re: Field Trip Vacation ideas needed!

I don't know of anything specific in that area, but there's got to be a ton of history stuff you could do. Any of the large cities should have a great science museum, too.

Or, you could skip the truly educational trip and just go to NYC to that place that serves the buckets of meatballs in all sorts of flavors. :-D
tallanvor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 07:37 PM   #3
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Philly? There's the mint, the bell, and Constitution hall. I have no idea how close that is too you though. Also within driving distance of there is Longwood gardens.
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
R055ANA
Registered Users

Hi there lemonpoppyseed,

We are in Philly and I will echo Elchorrito's suggestion. We are a good place to visit. Lots of historical places the Liberty Bell, the Constitution Center and just opened a few months ago is the Museum of the American Revolution. More important to young children we have a fun children's museum, a wonderful, wonderful museum of art (actually we have a few great art museums -Barnes, PAFA and the Phila Museum of Art)). Feel free to ask me more questions about this great city.

Longwoods redid their fountains so that would be cool to see (maybe more for the adults than young kids).

Have fun wherever you go!
R055ANA is offline   Reply With Quote