Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-15-2017, 10:37 PM   #11
DanielaLee
Registered Users

Re: Gift for a one year old?

Oh I have so many ideas on different gift ideas for this age. All right, reeady? Let's go My son adores everything about science and space. I also think anything STEM and education related is amazing for babies and toodlers. If you want to find a number of unique ideas for quality science toys, check out this free guide here https://www.geekwrapped.com/science-toys-for-kids I heard about it from another parent and there are many helpful ideas here. Good luck and enjoy!

Advertisement

DanielaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 10:22 AM   #12
Ocyara
Registered Users

I would go for some small personalised gift. For example, a custom made lapel pin. I like creating such things using the service from http://www.pinsource.com/die_struck for it and they are very cool, I have to say. Maybe you should try it too

Last edited by Ocyara; 09-05-2017 at 04:15 AM.
Ocyara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2017, 02:48 PM   #13
karlitacat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm giving my one-year-old moccasins and a stainless steel straw bottle. We love books but already have a lot!
karlitacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 04:20 AM   #14
Fayew
Registered Users

Check for eBay or amazon.
Fayew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 08:44 AM   #15
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fayew View Post
Check for eBay or amazon.
Check for baby gifts in general or something in particular?
Old 11-06-2017, 11:52 PM   #16
AuroraUsa
Registered Users

The best gifts are cliches precisely because they've been around for so long. So, in no particular order:

A bouncy ball. About 12–14 inches in diameter. The kind that cost just a few dollars in the supermarket. Kids love playing with them, they can't break, and they're not dangerous.

An assortment of plastic fruit or foods for playing cooking with.

A shape sorter box that comes with 4 or 5 blocks of different shapes to put through the holes.

Fisher-Price stacking rings (yes, you can get more expensive ones out of wood, but this is one of those cases where brightly colored plastic is superior).

And if you want to splurge: the Radio Flyer Kid’s Scoot 2 Pedal Scooter. So maybe this specific model isn't really a classic, but it is a particularly nice version of the sitting scooter that kids can ride on or push (no pedals necessary) and that has a “secret” hidden compartment in the seat.
AuroraUsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:28 AM   #17
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

I know this is an old thread, but we love the book Everywhere Babies by Susan Meyers. The illustrations are awesome (Marla frazee - we love all the books she illustrated), the story is an easy read, and it's one of those books that kids and adults both enjoy. Plus, the last page is a picture of the babies first birthday party, so it's a great book for one year olds
Elchorrito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2017, 06:07 AM   #18
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: d*****
seller
seller

My Mood:

Old thread but I was just remembering my son's favorite toy when he was 12 months old. He picked this after a half hour cruising our local toy store. It's by Schylling and he played with it all the time for the next 7 months or so. He loved the clicking sound he could make with it so much.

Old 11-29-2017, 07:37 AM   #19
Pixi6s
Registered Users
seller

stacking nesting cardboard boxes.
exercise ball
on the day you were born board book
Mom to LO#1 born 1/7/2010 (Cloth diapered since day 1; Part-time EC since 9 months; Daytime PL since 29 months; Nightime PL at 5.5 years) & LO#2 born 12/1/2013 (First diaper was cloth! Part-time EC since 12 months & Daytime PL at 26 months) Checkout my absorbency tests. Thoughts on how long a cloth diaper REALLY lasts. Thoughts on Yeast , here, here, here & here. How to Wash Wool & Sanitize Wool. Everything must go! Nighttime Trainers

Last edited by Pixi6s; 11-29-2017 at 07:40 AM.
Pixi6s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 02:54 PM   #20
abh5e8
Registered Users

Sounds weird... But by far the big winner at our house is a set of "put things in" toys. First a rubbing alcohol bottle with one piece clothes pins and then a parmasean cheese Shaker with coffee straws.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk