Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-29-2017, 01:36 PM   #11
MamaLlama
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: I'm afraid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmrotski View Post
I am dreading my first car throw up incident.
We threw away a carseat once because it was so nasty with throw-up I couldn't even attempt to clean it. Admittedly, it was kind of old and we had been wanting to get a new one anyway...the vomit was a pretty effective motivator.

We took a day trip a few months ago and apparently my kids had some kind of bug...we cleaned up something like ten throw-up episodes between two different kids in the 3 hours of driving (down and back). Finally just stopped at walmart and bought towels to tuck around them so we could just pull off the towel and replace it if it happened again. It was unbelievable. Ew.

As far as messes I shudder at, I used to cringe whenever I would hear toys being dumped out (legos, lincoln logs, etc.). It hardly even bothers me anymore. There are just so many messes in the course of a day...I do the best I can to clean up what I can (and get the kids to clean it too) and then ignore the rest until we can get to it.

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2017, 05:09 PM   #12
apeeling
Registered Users
seller

Yeah. I had throw up in the car once... Thankfully the cover was washable, but the straps stank for a long time.

Last year when we were still in the midst of potty training, I switched DS to a toddler bed. I started putting the little potty in his room hoping he'd pee in it instead of his training pants. Well he decided it was the perfect time to have a relaxing #2. He was so quiet I didn't realize what he was doing. I had left a box of prefolds in his room and he wanted to wipe himself. When he "woke up" from his nap I found saturated prefolds all over his room and on his rug and on stuffed animals... When I came in he said "look, I made a mess!"
At first I just thought he threw prefolds everywhere. Nope.

Even after that he would sometimes stealth poo on the potty, but not tell me and would sit on various surfaces in the house (he would strip from the waist down and leave his clothes every time he used the potty). He's finally to the point where he'll tell me, so thankfully this isn't a problem anymore.
apeeling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2017, 08:23 AM   #13
daisymay85
Registered Users

When my 5 year old makes scrambled eggs or eats pancakes with syrup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
daisymay85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 03:20 PM   #14
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

My DH is the biggest source of "I can't believe" messes. Not because he's insensitive or unthoughtful, but because he's that oblivious. Spilled cups of something on the table right over the leaf crack, it leaked onto the wood floor, and then sat overnight to damage the floor. Leaves goop all over the table. Cleaning the microwave, or the mold off the shower, he has no idea it even needs cleaning although he's willing to do it when I ask. At the same time, that's how he can change the nastiest diarrhea diapers, or vomit, or clean out the fridge, etc, when I'm about to throw up in the other room because it's overwhelmed my senses. And he certainly isn't being destructive on purpose, so we just try to make the best of it. But yes, of my "three kids", my biggest one is the messiest.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2017, 04:00 PM   #15
Agla
Super Admin We can do it!
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisymay85 View Post
When my 5 year old makes scrambled eggs or eats pancakes with syrup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk
Syrup is the worst. It gets everywhere. I brought some waffle sticks to a lot luck which seemed like a good idea until the syrup started flying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twood80 View Post
My DH is the biggest source of "I can't believe" messes. Not because he's insensitive or unthoughtful, but because he's that oblivious. Spilled cups of something on the table right over the leaf crack, it leaked onto the wood floor, and then sat overnight to damage the floor. Leaves goop all over the table. Cleaning the microwave, or the mold off the shower, he has no idea it even needs cleaning although he's willing to do it when I ask. At the same time, that's how he can change the nastiest diarrhea diapers, or vomit, or clean out the fridge, etc, when I'm about to throw up in the other room because it's overwhelmed my senses. And he certainly isn't being destructive on purpose, so we just try to make the best of it. But yes, of my "three kids", my biggest one is the messiest.
My dh is the go to guy for vomit. I know my limits and sometimes that's mine.

I just realized that the leaf foods of my table are crumb catchers and liquid dispersers.
Old 10-09-2017, 07:32 AM   #16
Elchorrito
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twood80 View Post
This is us, too. I need to remember that he isn't doing it on purpose; just doesn't notice. He cleans up messes if I ask, he just didn't notice them before!

Really, it's just a learning curve to embrace the messes kids make. We had Christmas with my family this week and someone gave my son an iced cookie. I was like, "oh....the crumbs, the icing, the shirt, the carpet..." My instinct would be to feed him bite size pieces one at a time that go all the way in the mouth, but I held back - it's Christmas, it's fun, he's having a blast with his obnoxious cousins, and we can go back to my ways at home on Monday.
Elchorrito is online now   Reply With Quote