Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-02-2009, 03:03 PM   #11
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm having trouble bonding with this pregnancy

I 'feel' like I am not as bonded to this pregnancy as I was with my first but I think it is because I am remembering how I felt toward the end of the pregnancy and forgetting everything about the beginning. I am just starting to show and feel the baby kick so things are becoming more real.

Give yourself time.

Advertisement

Old 02-02-2009, 03:42 PM   #12
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

give it some time i am sure when you are showing and feeling baby move it will be a lot easier to bond and feel more real
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 04:36 PM   #13
joyful mother
Registered Users
seller
seller

In my opinion no other pregnancy is like the first. i've met many moms on their 2nd or 3rd pregnancy feeling bad about how they don't feel anything, it's totally normal.
Old 02-02-2009, 05:58 PM   #14
doodah
Registered Users
seller

Just give it some time. You are barely pregnant so you will have months to bond. I know how you feel though. I am pregnant with my second and this one has been SO much easier so far than my first that many times, I don't feel pregnant or forget that I even am pregnant. I am too busy this time around to think about every twinge and plan every thing down to the last detail. I guess that is just how it is with second babies. I know we will bond though and find a way for a new member of the family to fit in. Good luck with your first appointment.
doodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:39 PM   #15
summerhappy
Registered Users
seller

All pg's are different....

I too am having a difficult time with this one. Like other pp's I lost a baby last Feb at 20 weeks which has something to do with it I'm sure.
summerhappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 09:17 AM   #16
cakeums
Registered Users
Formerly: mn***r
seller

My Mood:

I think it's very normal after you've gone through m/c's. I had 4 before my DD and wasn't entirely convinced that I'd ever be a mother. I did start to feel excited and like I was starting to connect about midway through the pregnancy, but it still took me months AFTER she was born to bond entirely with her. Then I had another m/c when she was a baby. It can be really tough. I am not the type to cry at an u/s, because seeing a h/b isn't necessarily a guarantee to me that the baby is going to survive. I was actually shocked that I started bawling when I found this baby's h/b on my doppler!

Anyway, you're not the only one!
cakeums is offline   Reply With Quote