Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-18-2011, 09:01 AM   #3841
hullabal98
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: DFW mamas

so who here knits? I had someone on DS knit me a set for dd and when it came, the knitter had forgotten to bind off (I think that is what it's called) the last 3/4 inch in the waist of the longies. Rather than send it back to her, I'd love to beg someone here to do it for me. She told me it would literally take 5 minutes. I can pay or barter with you. I'm in Mansfield and would prefer not to travel more than 20 minutes. The knitter feels really, really bad. But as a mom I completely understand how stuff like that can happen. Anyone able to help?

Advertisement

Old 10-18-2011, 12:14 PM   #3842
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
So...Casie and myself... anyone else?

Amanda (my friend from church) won't be able to make it. She had a lot of family drama pop up this week and has to deal with that. On top of the drama, her husband was called out of town for work unexpectedly, so in addition to dealing with family drama on her own (including an injured family member sleeping on her couch because he was in a car accident and can't get around on his own), she couldn't get a sitter.

So if the spiritual people here would say a prayer for Amanda, James and their family, I know she would appreciate it. She hopes to be able to do a get together in the near future, when her family issues clear up, or her husband is at least home to help her deal. LOL

God bless!
- i completely forgot about this. Im sorry you guys, i was at work late.
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:17 PM   #3843
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed22 View Post
I totally need to check in here more! (I keep forgetting........ ) But I just wanted to stop by and say HEY! I pray everyone is doing well!

I've never had raw milk.... and I know I live nearby some farms.. I have yet to look into the benefits. I'm all over grass fed beef, YUM! (but I guess I'm a cheater and get it from whole foods ) what are some benefits of raw milk?? I've been thinking about placing DD on raw goat's milk after she's a year so that's the only kind I've looked at... never cows milk
This raw milk is SOOOO good. He chills it instantly which gives it a great taste as well as extends the fridge life. This might get a little long, as I will be quoting from a brochure that talks about the benefits, but I'll try to condense it a bit.

Homogenization: is a process that forces milk through hair like tubes under pressure, generating intense turbulent eddies which tear apart milk fat globules, greatly reducing their size. The original membrane of the fat globule is damaged or lost and the exposed surfaces absorb milk proteins, especially caseins. The increased allergenicity of homogenized milk may be caused by these milk proteins in teh fat globule membrane. Homogenization greatly increases the fat surface area which increases fat oxidation and creates off-flavors. Processors began to homogenize milk so consumers would not know how little fat was in the milk.

Milk Standardization: Is the dividing and putting back together of milk to meet regulatory standards. Milk components (cream and skim milk) are separated and put back together for the type of milk (1%, 2%, and 3% whole) to meet the legal minimum requirements with additives for taste and consistency. The finished processed milk is totally different from the original raw milk.

Additives: are common in commercial milk.... synthetic vitamins cause calcification of soft tissues and softening of hard tissues. Powdered skim milk, a source of dangerous oxidized cholesterol and neurotoxic proteins, is added to 1% and 2% milk. Some producers add vegetable oils to their milk. .... the article goes on to say that other dairy products have more dangerous additives.

Packaging: is chemically toxic.

Processed milk contributes to many health issues such as: allergies, increased tooth decay, colic, growth problems, ear infections, osteoporosis, arthritis, diabetes, heart disease and cancer. When Americans drank raw milk, these conditions were rare.

There is more.. but I want to move on to the benefits of raw milk.... in the next post.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 02:30 PM   #3844
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Benefits of raw milk:

Raw milk is a living food that contains beneficial microorganisms. Pasteurizing milk destroys these microorganisms.

Raw milk protects against the growth of pathogenic bacteria. Paraphrasing.. the good bacteria in milk help to keep the bad bacteria in our body from overgrowing and taking over, thus protecting us from bacterial intestinal infections.

Paraphrasing: It's easier to digest, and since the nutrients are natural and not additives, it's easier for us to digest.

Raw milk contains nutritious butterfat. Consumers are mislead to believe that low-fat and skim milks are healthier for us, Whole raw milk with a thick layer of health-giving cream at the top is the sign of a quality product. (Paraphrasing) Butter fat has a lot of nutrients in it that you lose when you separate it out of the milk.

People who are "allergic" to dairy products, can often drink real raw milk without problems. And it boosts the immune system.
in the 1930's, Weston Price visited and researched many world cultures, what he found:
In Iceland the teeth of medieval Icelanders were immune to decay. Fish, mutton, raw milk and raw milk products were the majority of the Icelanders diets.

In Switzerland, people had sturdy physiques, immunity to dental caries and degenerative diseases, and no deformities of the dental arches and face. Skulls older than 150 years showed relatively perfect teeth. Athletes were provided with large bowls of raw cream and raw cheese. The diet was high in summer-made raw cheese, raw goats milk, and raw cows milk.

Arabs in several areas extensively used raw camel's milk. In the desert country, it was a mainstay for nomads for many months. Arabs had splendidly developed faces and fine dental arches.

The Masai for centuries depended on raw foods: milk, meat and blood, with some veggies and fruits. Tall and strong they drank an average of 7 quarts of rich milk a day.

The above information (about the cultures) is from Dr. Price's book Nutrition and PHysical Degeneration, expanded edition 2008.

Keep in mind what I've given you here is just a scratch in the surface. For more info check out:
www.rawmilk.com
www.ppnf.org
www.raw-milk-facts.com
www.rawmilk.org

And you could also google Dr. Weston Price.

I have a good list started of families who are interested in doing a raw milk co-op with me. Feel free to PM with interest.

God bless!

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Old 10-18-2011, 02:32 PM   #3845
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessed22 View Post
I totally need to check in here more! (I keep forgetting........ ) But I just wanted to stop by and say HEY! I pray everyone is doing well!

I've never had raw milk.... and I know I live nearby some farms.. I have yet to look into the benefits. I'm all over grass fed beef, YUM! (but I guess I'm a cheater and get it from whole foods ) what are some benefits of raw milk?? I've been thinking about placing DD on raw goat's milk after she's a year so thats the only kind I've looked at... never cows milk
I also wanted to add, that the farm I get my grass-fed beef from is less expensive than whole foods, and fresher.

I also get grass fed pork and pasture raised chicken/eggs from Rose Creek Farms. The beef I get comes from Red Bud Ranch.

The dairy that has the yummiest raw milk (with a permit from the health department!) is Dry Valley Dairy.

God bless!

Old 10-18-2011, 02:33 PM   #3846
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragsdale View Post
- i completely forgot about this. Im sorry you guys, i was at work late.
No worries.... life gets crazy. I hope we schedule another get together soon!

God bless!

Old 10-21-2011, 12:05 PM   #3847
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:

Im interested in a co op!!!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:11 PM   #3848
bluecandi
Resident Dave Ramsey Guru
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleece Be With You View Post
Michelle, the organic produce co-op I use also picks up raw milk and raw milk cheese. They are the absolute best quality from cows that have only been fed grass, you have to be super picky about who you buy from when it's raw! Let me know if you want the name of the co-op and contact info, anyone else interested can PM me too
Jessica I would LOVE this info!!
Old 10-21-2011, 12:24 PM   #3849
eragsdale
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
No worries.... life gets crazy. I hope we schedule another get together soon!

God bless!

I've bought more yarn. Would you like for me to get some for you? I would be happy to.
eragsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 12:41 PM   #3850
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eragsdale View Post

I've bought more yarn. Would you like for me to get some for you? I would be happy to.
That would be awesome, as soon as we figure out our knitting get together. LOL And I don't know what type of needles to buy. I'm assuming there are many types/sizes.

God bless!