Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-21-2007, 12:31 AM   #1
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

S/O Dr.s recommending circ for older babies/children

I didn't want to hijack the other thread, but it did make me want to start a new one.

Henry had a BAD allergic reaction to some diaper salve with TTO in it a few weeks ago. His penis swelled up and was red and it had a blister on the tip. I freaked out, and called a pedi (he has never been to the dr before) and explained the situation. WITHOUT SEEING HIM they immediately said that I was going to have to have him circ'd.

I knew that was the craziest thing I had ever heard, it was an allergic reaction for goodness sake! Needless to say, I did not take him in to the office (and never will) and I squirted some breastmilk on it and it went away a day later.

So, what I am wondering, after my very strange experience, has a medical professional told you you needed to circ your son for any unnecessary reasons? Do you think that its something doctors recommend unnecessarily because they are unfamiliar with the uncircumcised penis? Is it a big conspiracy? (That was a joke, in case anyone is humorless today.)