Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-19-2008, 12:24 PM   #1
jillianh
Banned

My Mood:
my mil is a piece of work

i briefly talked to her yesterday and she goes so is she still breastfeeding or getting only bottles now? i said "she's still mainly fed at the breast but got bottles a couple times this weekend when my grandparents were here when we went out to dinner and to a movie" and she scoffed and goes "oh so she's STILL at the breast, i can't believe you do that" and I was just like "well the breastmilk bags are being saved when I have to be at school". and then she just goes "oh" i just give up trying to make her understand why i am breastfeeding

Advertisement

jillianh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
Nathalie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: my mil is a piece of work

Bah!People and their disapproval....Who needs it?
you keep doing whatever you think is best regardless of her opinion!
Old 02-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #3
remrath
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

obviously your 3mo old should be eating pizza by now. Bad mom bad! I got it from a Dr. before she was 6 mo. old so don't sweat it. People really just don't understand that God made it best and your preventing obesity later and pain now if you were going to pump extra just so she could have a bottle. I'm not going to make myself sore to satisfy someone else's need to see my DD take a bottle!
Wife to Nick, 10 years now. Mom to Lydia (c/s) 6/6/07, Arwen (HBAC) 6/3/09, Silas (HBAC) 7/2/12 and Archer HBAC 10/15/14. Jesus loving, CDing, BFing, non vaxing , homeschooling SAHM who loves my new community is Spring Hill, TN
remrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 12:30 PM   #4
jillianh
Banned

My Mood:

exactly i'm not going to make myself uncomfortable. i didn't cover when i nursed her when they came to visit and so God help me when i nurse in public around my MIL oh goodness I am sure she'll be trying to cover me with a blanket or stand in front of me and block me from people.
Old 02-19-2008, 04:44 PM   #5
kezoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by remrath View Post
obviously your 3mo old should be eating pizza by now. Bad mom bad!
LOL - yeah, I was looking at your siggy (OP) and thinking, "Whaaaaa? Her baby is only 3 months old, what does MIL *think* the baby should be doing?!?!?!" You're doing the right thing mama, keep it up.
kezoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 04:52 PM   #6
homebirthmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

don't give up or feel bad cause of her. she sees (.)(.) as sex objects not food. do what you can for your baby and you need to draw a line now w mil or it WILL GET WORSE! just say, this is not a subject i will discuss w you. none of her biz. end of story. will save u from MANY other nursing disagreements if u say something now.

btw, i'm typing one handed nursing mt 1.5 yr old
homebirthmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #7
bellarose4
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My inlaws are the same way!
#3 12/05/10
bellarose4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:13 PM   #8
Mama2Noah
Registered Users

My Mood:

lol, I totally expected the child to be two or more (not that there is anything wrong with nursing a two y/o!) keep your head up and remember one is lucky if they actually agree with their in laws
Old 02-19-2008, 05:18 PM   #9
jillianh
Banned

My Mood:

it's great because they life 2100 miles from us and will be moving farther in a couple years (we are in WA and they are in TX and will be moving to MS soon) though they expect us to move to the same itty bitty town they are moving to so they can see dd everyday and impose their ideas on dh and me. luckily dh is 100% supportive of me b******. the sad thing is this is not the first time she's gotten all out of whack about me not giving dd bottles.
Old 02-19-2008, 10:03 PM   #10
lulusmom
Keepin' it Crunchy!
seller

My Mood:

My mil was so disappointed that I decided to bf dd because it means she wouldn't get to give her a bottle! Gah! And she also thought I should be "at least" putting cereal into her ebm bottles (dd won't even drink from a bottle) starting at 2 weeks! Now that dd is six months she is asking how much longer we're going to bf. I told her, well, it will be kind of hard when dd has exams in high school but I think we can make it work.

Helen-Natural birthing, extended bf'ing, cosleeping, non-vaxxin' mama to Holly Lu 8/18/07
lulusmom is offline   Reply With Quote