Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2013, 11:38 AM   #1
blackberry75
Registered Users

Firefly fans

2 questions

Where would I find a jumpsuit like Kaylee for my 18m old?

Would it be ok if we both go as Kaylee or should I pick something else for myself (I'm thinking Mrs. Reynolds)?

Advertisement

blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
ktarsha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Firefly fans

The only thing reasonably close that I've found online is something like this, which you could cut off the arms to make the sleeveless jumpsuit - but $40 is a lot to pay for something you're going to cut into. You might could find one on eBay, though.

I'd be more inclined to pick a different character for myself, but if you want to go as Kaylee too, then you totally should!
Old 10-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
terrordactyl
Registered Users
seller

I only know where to find adult ones, I would go as a different character. Is it her idea to be kaylee or yours
terrordactyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:58 PM   #4
~Laura~
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Do you have a Farm and Fleet? They have kids bib overalls, like Carheart brand ones. I'd probably go with a different costume for one of you.
The Scientist (9) & The Entertainer (6)
~Laura~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
teacherpippi
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What about having her go as Jayne? There are a bunch of cute knitted Jayne hats out there!
teacherpippi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 01:54 PM   #6
blackberry75
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktarsha View Post
The only thing reasonably close that I've found online is something like this, which you could cut off the arms to make the sleeveless jumpsuit - but $40 is a lot to pay for something you're going to cut into. You might could find one on eBay, though.

I'd be more inclined to pick a different character for myself, but if you want to go as Kaylee too, then you totally should!
Yoinks! That is pricey to cut into. Kaylee is my fav. character, but I don't think Inara or River is appropriate for an 18m old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terrordactyl View Post
I only know where to find adult ones, I would go as a different character. Is it her idea to be kaylee or yours
Totes mine. She's only 18m, so I highly doubt she'd care. Zoe is the only other female character I'd want to be, bu not sure I can pull it off with pasty skin and freckles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Laura~ View Post
Do you have a Farm and Fleet? They have kids bib overalls, like Carheart brand ones. I'd probably go with a different costume for one of you.
We don't have one of those stores, but we do have TSC. I'll give them a go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacherpippi View Post
What about having her go as Jayne? There are a bunch of cute knitted Jayne hats out there!
I'm trying to convince Gman to go as Jayne. I made that hat for him a few years ago and he still loves it.
blackberry75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #7
ktarsha
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackberry75 View Post
Yoinks! That is pricey to cut into. Kaylee is my fav. character, but I don't think Inara or River is appropriate for an 18m old.
LOL No, I don't think so!

Definitely check out TSC. Also, how are you with sewing, or do you know someone who sews? I bet there's a pattern you could use to make one pretty simply; the hardest part would probably be the collar. Or perhaps you could find a zippered jacket that could be reworked - like cutting off the sleeves and using them as the legs of the jumpsuit (I'm not exactly sure how you'd attach them, but it might work).

You could dress her as Kaylee when she gets that ridiculously fancy dress for the dance

Oooorrrrr.... you could go as Kaylee and dress your daughter as Mal Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to go drool over Nathan Fillion for a moment!