Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-16-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Cas***29
seller

Changing table set up help!

I didn't have a changing table with DS#1 and ended up using a wet bar in our living room (which worked fine but it was constantly a mess and right there in the living room). Right now I change him where ever I can tackle him! I store some of the pre-stuffed pockets in a hanging shoe organizer but don't know if I love it. See pic below

With DS#2, who is OTW, I want a changing table or changing table/dresser combo. I am looking at our local craigslist for a cheap option. I am 5'8" and DH is 6'1" so I want something that I am not constantly leaning over to get diapers out of. I am wondering if anyone has a changing table with diaper storage overhead? Would that work?

Anyone have a set up they could share that would have diapers waist height or higher that is easy to see, easy to grab, easy to organize and somewhat cute to look at?

Here is what we have for pre-stuffed diapers. (all the prefolds/flats that are folded and ready to go are in a basket on the other side of the room

Here are a few I found on cragislist and wondering if any of these would work for what I am wanting?

I am tempted to some how hang this on the wall next to a changing table and store diapers in it? (not this flower one since it will be another boy

Here is what the inside of DS#2's closet looks like, I wonder if I could make this work as well? (disregard the princess and pink clothes - my BFF thought I was having a girl

Ideas ladies! I am need ideas! I am nesting like a mad woman and want this set up yesterday so I can stop having a disaster zone of diapers all over my house and killing my back leaning over with my big 'ol belly!

Advertisement

crunchyNurseMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:44 PM   #2
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Changing table set up help!

I bought a TV Armoire for $130 at Open Marketplace I'm using as a changing table. That way, it isn't completely obsolete when she is out of diapers. Maybe you can find one on craigslist? Do a search for upcycled dressers for changing tables....I found a ton of ideas on google and pinterest!

Here is the one I bought:

Tons of underneath storage but I'm sure I will keep supplies handy for immediate use in the drawers. The T shaped thing above the drawers comes out....I'm thinking that is to put the TV on and electronics underneath the TV. It is a bit tall when it is in but perfect when out.

This was my inspiration:

Last edited by Steph Ed; 01-16-2013 at 04:47 PM.
Steph Ed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #3
mamaspice
Registered Users
seller

You could add wall shelves above or near any of those, or a diaper stacker on the wall.

When baby is little and doesn't need the full length, you can add a basket to the top for wipes, etc.
mamaspice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 04:55 PM   #4
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

For the closet, what were you thinking with that? You could put the changing pad in there and remove the 2 shelves above it, maybe? Just make sure the shelf the baby is on will be reinforced WELL! Or put the changing table right by the closet.

Last edited by Steph Ed; 01-16-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 01-16-2013, 05:47 PM   #5
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed
For the closet, what were you thinking with that? You could put the changing pad in there and remove the 2 shelves above it, maybe? Just make sure the shelf the baby is on will be reinforced WELL! Or put the changing table right by the closet.
No changing table in the closet maybe just extra storage
Old 01-16-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
mmeneely
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got sick of running upstairs every time she pee'd and invested in the Stokke set. We have since had 2 more babies and have one on the way. I have put the thing up and taken it down 3 times and am just not going to bother at all this time. I also learned that I prefer kissaluvs and prefolds only and they can stay in the laundry basket without being folded on a chair at the kitchen table. Or in a basket under the bathroom sink just off the kitchen. A Rubbermaid tower of drawers for $20 can also work and then just house toys when you are done with it or put it in the coat closet for socks (right where you need them), flip flops, mittens, etc. OR one of these super-affordable change tables also work but I'd still just leave the diapers in the laundry basket. With more than one child, the time blown folding diapers is better spent playing on the floor
mmeneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:36 PM   #7
Steph Ed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The 3-drawer changing table/dresser for $20 seems like a great option. It looks taller than the others and has drawers instead of shelves to put supplies in.
Old 01-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #8
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed View Post
I bought a TV Armoire for $130 at Open Marketplace I'm using as a changing table. That way, it isn't completely obsolete when she is out of diapers. Maybe you can find one on craigslist? Do a search for upcycled dressers for changing tables....I found a ton of ideas on google and pinterest!

Tons of underneath storage but I'm sure I will keep supplies handy for immediate use in the drawers. The T shaped thing above the drawers comes out....I'm thinking that is to put the TV on and electronics underneath the TV. It is a bit tall when it is in but perfect when out.

This was my inspiration:
Beautiful!

Jodie ~ mama to Big K, Medium K & Lil' k
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #9
lenmont
Registered Users
seller
seller

This is our setup. It's actually a storage bench that we got at the container store, so it's taller than a normal changing table and the shelf height can be adjusted. The baskets are from target and hold all the diapers. The red basket holds pins, snappis, diaper cream. The diaper stacker on the left is full of flats and the clear plastic drawers hold wipes, doublers, wet bags, and liners.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:04 PM   #10
crunchyNurseMommy
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steph Ed

This was my inspiration:
This is really pretty!