Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-12-2014, 07:05 PM   #1
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

May 2014 - May chat

How are things going? I'd love to hear how everyone is doing; both the new moms and those of us still pregnant!

I'm a few days shy of my due date. My mom arrived from AZ yesterday, so I was gung-ho for baby eviction anytime. DH and I dtd, I had a chiropractor appt and acupuncture done this morning, and I had my OB sweep my membranes.

Nothing. Zilch. Nada. No signs of impending labor, so I guess the baby is comfy just where he is.

Advertisement

Mama to 6: DD 6/00, DS 2/02, DD 11/05, DS 12/10, DS 5/14 and DD 7/15
3 angel babies from miscarriages
Southernbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 09:10 AM   #2
SybilP
Registered Users

Re: May 2014 - May chat

I hope things get moving soon, Southernbelle!

I'm doing well. Still pregnant. C-section is Friday, though! I have so much to get done, I almost wish I was doing a VBAC and could carry 2 weeks over like all my sisters do. My husband just started his summer semester and I'm feeling a little stressed knowing that he's still going to be gone for significant periods of time for my first week post-op. I still feel pretty good, though sleeping has become a bit difficult and we had BOTH kids in bed with us last night. I hope they get over this real quick because NO WAY we're fitting 5 people in our queen bed once the baby gets here!

I hope everyone is doing well! Especially those who have already delivered. I read this article about America's postpartum practices and thought of you guys. I hope you're able to slow down a little and take it easy!

http://www.thedailybeast.com/witw/articles/2013/08/15/america-s-postpartum-practices.html
Old 05-13-2014, 11:26 AM   #3
lilysmom2011
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernbelle
How are things going? I'd love to hear how everyone is doing; both the new moms and those of us still pregnant!

I'm a few days shy of my due date. My mom arrived from AZ yesterday, so I was gung-ho for baby eviction anytime. DH and I dtd, I had a chiropractor appt and acupuncture done this morning, and I had my OB sweep my membranes.

Nothing. Zilch. Nada. No signs of impending labor, so I guess the baby is comfy just where he is.
I know the feeling... Not quite overdue yet (due Friday), but if history repeats itself, this little girl is going to be late like her sisters So over being pregnant! I have two already and my oldest will be 3 in June, so I feel like I've been pregnant for the last 3 years, lol.
lilysmom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 04:18 PM   #4
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilysmom2011 View Post
I know the feeling... Not quite overdue yet (due Friday), but if history repeats itself, this little girl is going to be late like her sisters So over being pregnant! I have two already and my oldest will be 3 in June, so I feel like I've been pregnant for the last 3 years, lol.
I hear you! I carried each baby a few days longer than the one previous, so if history is any indication, I'll be a week overdue.

On one hand, babies are a lot easier to take care of in utero and I'm concerned I might have another long, miserable labor. Both good reasons to stay pregnant. But on the other hand, late pregnancy is tough, I worry about the baby and I really want to meet him!

Old 05-13-2014, 05:37 PM   #5
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernbelle View Post
But on the other hand, late pregnancy is tough, I worry about the baby and I really want to meet him!
Here I'm feeling better than I have through much of the pregnancy.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 07:00 PM   #6
trinflin
Registered Users

My Mood:

Hope all of you ladies have your sweet babes soon We jsut had our 2 weeks check up and little man gained almost a pound and grew 1/2 an inch. feels very reassuring since breastfeeding started off tricky this time. We started using our cloth at about 5 days and we're easing into them using them as much as possible during the day but not at night. I am so thankful he sleeps for about 3 hour stretches at night so i'm much more rested then i was with #1. ^^and about the article on postpartum depression, I am very shocked to say so far I haven't even really felt the baby blues. I was quite depressed after our first son and was so scared the stress of a toddler and a newborn would be very hard on me. I am still hormonal and emotional but no deep sinking feeling, just a little frazzled at times Hope all your labors/c sections go quickly and smoothly, can't wait to hear of more arrivals.
trinflin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:54 PM   #7
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

That's great news, Trinflin! It sounds like he's doing great! Make sure to post pictures when you get a chance!

Old 05-14-2014, 07:17 PM   #8
Southernbelle
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by twood80 View Post
Here I'm feeling better than I have through much of the pregnancy.
There's something wrong with you.

Just kidding! I'm probably doing better with this one than the others. I'm sleeping pretty good and heartburn is under control. My back feels pretty good, but I really miss bladder capacity.

My mom is only visiting until the 25th, so I feel pressure to have this baby before she leaves. I don't have any family in the area, so last time I had a baby I had to leave the other kids with a variety of friends, so I really want them to be in their own beds this time. Mom lives in AZ and she's loving this time with her grand kids. The sooner I have the baby, the more convenient it will be because she's here to help while I recover.

Old 05-14-2014, 07:33 PM   #9
twood80
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southernbelle View Post
There's something wrong with you.
Nope, that's an indication of how icky I've felt, with 6 months of morning sickness, food aversions, inability to be in the kitchen or wash my face or brush my teeth or smell foods, sore back that's finally resolved, a sunny side up baby grinding on my nerves, hormone induced inability to sleep early in the pregnancy even when given the opportunity, combined with toddler-induced sleep deprivation. Now we're far enough along that DH is making a huge effort to get me sleep in preparation for the marathon with the unknown start date, the rest have all resolved, and I'm dealing with the swollen ankles/feet.

Last edited by twood80; 05-14-2014 at 07:42 PM.
twood80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:13 PM   #10
SweetMamaKaty
Registered Users
seller
seller

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ...yep, still

But seriously. Come on Baby Z, we can do this!! I'm a week overdue today, and it's starting to occur to me that maybe I need to read up on inductions and c-sections, just so that I have some point of reference.

Anyone else overdue and struggling with the mental and emotional strain of WAITING?
SweetMamaKaty is offline   Reply With Quote