Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #1
MommaSweet
Registered Users
seller

Has Anyone Ever Had This Feeling?

** this may not belong here but my Due Date board is VERY slow **

I've been having this feeling for the past couple months that I won't be bringing home my baby once I have him. I was due 7-13-13 so I'm past my due date now and I still feel this way. I'm not sure if it's because of the roughness of this pregnancy or what it is but I just can not shake the feeling that he's not going to come home with me. He gets his kicks in, his heart rate is perfect and I know all of this but it's like I don't at the same time.
I haven't mentioned it to my doctors, which I probably should have by now. I'm not sure why I keep feeling this way but its unsettling and very upsetting. I'm not sure if it's myself preparing for not bringing him home because I won't or if it's just my crazy hormones. I typically don't get feeling like this unless there is reason behind it, that's why it bothers me so much.

Any input is appreciated!!
TIA!

Advertisement

MommaSweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #2
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Has Anyone Ever Had This Feeling?

I think it is normal to be concerned about everything going well but that seems concerning. From what you are describing it is more than a passing thought occasionally.You need to mention it to your doctor, if the feeling doesn't go away it can interfere with bonding and put you more at risk for ppd.
Old 07-15-2013, 02:20 PM   #3
Bellaroo
Registered Users

You should put a trigger warning in your title. This could be really hard for a mama who has had a loss to read.

I think anxiety is normal but if it is affecting how you live/function you should talk to your doctor.
Bellaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:01 PM   #4
PurpleMushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdhutier View Post
I think it is normal to be concerned about everything going well but that seems concerning. From what you are describing it is more than a passing thought occasionally.You need to mention it to your doctor, if the feeling doesn't go away it can interfere with bonding and put you more at risk for ppd.
Agreed.
PurpleMushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #5
happysmileylady
Registered Users
seller

I did with my 2 yr old. I was just positive that something was wrong. I was almost getting depressed about it when DH and I were on the way to the hospital for our induction (the doc was concerned about IUGR.) She's a happy healthy 2 yr old currently running around naked in my living room.
happysmileylady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:08 PM   #6
amegrl520
Registered Users
seller

I had those feelings w my 3rd from the beginning of the pregnancy right up until he was taken out and proclaimed healthy. Afterwards and even now I still worry (a little much less than before) that something's going to happen to him. I am the same as u and have those feelings usually for a reason, but he's 3 now and still here w no health issues. I did have ppd w him though, but in general our life was crazy at that time.

amegrl520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #7
3 ladybugs
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I had those feelings with my last pregnancy and for me it could have been because my first pregnancy was a loss (triplets born alive and then slowly all died). It turned out that my son did end up in the NICU and he had immature lungs for his gestation. So I guess my fears were not 100% unfounded. Maybe this is what you are feeling?

I would talk to your doctor about it especially since you are past your due date. My son was born at 38 weeks (like this next one) and I had no choice in the matter. It sounds like you should have more control over your situation then I did.

Good luck! Don't discount your gut feelings!
Old 07-15-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
qsefthuko
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had the same feeling from the start with baby #3. I never did tell everyone I was pregnant. I had people finally work up the nerve to ask me when I was about 8 months. I did have a difficult, stressful pregnancy though. He also was taken at 37 weeks because he repeatedly failed his non stress test(previously he was constantly on the move) plus heart decells. His cord was wrapped 4 times around his neck. He is fine now. Except for dairy issues he is a happy, healthy 2 year old.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #9
miriamleigh
Registered Users

Is this a thought you can't shake? If so, it sounds like you are having an obsessive/ and intrusive thought, a symptom of OCD. Talk to your doctor now and get some counseling, or at least read a book on the subject. I had it with my first and I just thought I was a terrible mother. If someone had told me what intrusive thoughts were, I would have been able to let it go.
miriamleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #10
Airyl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've had those feelings with this pregnancy. (I'm due in two weeks.) Like you, there's no apparent reason. For full disclosure, I do deal with anxiety and OCD (including obsessive thoughts), so its not totally unusual for me to stress about things. I go back and forth between thinking its that and thinking its a gut feeling I have for a reason. I'm just trying to pay extra attention to movement, etc and reassure myself that there's not a lot else I can do and that things are most likely fine. I hope your little one decides to make his entrance soon and all goes well.

I am a child of God.
Airyl is offline   Reply With Quote