Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2007, 02:03 PM   #31
geez0pete
Registered Users
Formerly: sm***ff

My Mood:
Re: Do you ever get tired of preparing meals that your kids don't eat?

Maybe I should cut out snacks but they're "small" snacks and not junky. I thought kids "needed" snacks in between meals because they have a higher metabolism? Aren't adults even encouraged to have several small meals a day instead of large meals?

I don't force them to eat something I know they hate but otherwise they have to eat a couple bites of everything. If they decide they're finished without eating much they know they don't get dessert (we don't have it every day) or anything else (maybe carrots or an apple later). Sometimes, however, I think they DO eat just to get dessert (a few choco. chips or a small treat). They do know they have to eat the good stuff if they want the fun stuff but I don't want them to be "clean plate rangers" or stuff themselves if they really weren't hungry, just to get a treat.

Now that I'm reading what I just wrote, maybe I should just let them have a treat sometime during the day so it's not associated as a "reward" for eating a meal.

Sheesh, I bet my mom never thought this much into feeding me!!

Advertisement

geez0pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:58 PM   #32
GrahamBaby4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do you ever get tired of preparing meals that your kids don't eat?

Definitely, we are all enocouraged to eat several small meals about 3-4 hours apart, and I know we are eating our meals at about 3.5 to 4 hours apart every day, and if dad happens to get home later, they tend to eat a little more, but, we tend to eat every 3-4 hours all day long, which is about what I was told to do by my nutritionist years ago when I had trouble keeping weight on. (definitely not a problem any longer) but, for a lot of people that might = 6 meals a day because they are up longer than the 12-13/14 my kiddos are awake.
Hugs, I know my mom used to get angry with us about our eating and snacking, and now that we are older, 3 have serious weight problems and 2 of us are paranoid of getting that way.
GrahamBaby4 is offline   Reply With Quote