View Poll Results: Which Infant Carseat To Get?
Graco Snugride 18 58.06%
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio 4 12.90%
Britax Companion 2 6.45%
other...please tell me what one.... 7 22.58%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-18-2007, 09:49 PM   #1
nikkiof5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Which Infant Seat?

Ive pretty much decided between either the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio, Graco Snugride or the Britax Companion. Which ones should I get? Im kinda jumping ahead here but I feel like there is so much to do to get ready for twins!!! This is something easier for me to focus on right now...
ETA-With dd ##3, we had a Chicco and she was suffering from positional asphyxia in it so we went the the Britax and it seemed better but not a ton. Does the Graco fit tiny infants better?

Advertisement

Last edited by nikkiof5; 06-18-2007 at 09:57 PM.
nikkiof5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:00 PM   #2
MamaLove
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Which Infant Seat?

There was a recent testing of the chemicals released from car seats, and Graco Snugride was one of the safest in this way. Peg Perego was one of the worst. Check it out here: http://healthycar.org/carseat.search...gettype=Infant

Snugrides can be 3 point harness, or 5 point harness, and you'll want the 5 point for sure.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:00 PM   #3
meghann8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just so you can see, this was the day we brought Hannah home from the hospital, in a Graco Snugride. She was technically too small for it at 4 lbs. 1 oz, but you can see she still sat in it ok.

meghann8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:01 PM   #4
nikkiof5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by meghann8 View Post
Just so you can see, this was the day we brought Hannah home from the hospital, in a Graco Snugride. She was technically too small for it at 4 lbs. 1 oz, but you can see she still sat in it ok.

Such a CUTE pic! Thanks!! It does give me a better idea
Old 06-18-2007, 10:02 PM   #5
nikkiof5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaLove View Post
There was a recent testing of the chemicals released from car seats, and Graco Snugride was one of the safest in this way. Peg Perego was one of the worst. Check it out here: http://healthycar.org/carseat.search...gettype=Infant

Snugrides can be 3 point harness, or 5 point harness, and you'll want the 5 point for sure.
THanks momma! Im gonna go check it out!!!
Old 06-18-2007, 10:04 PM   #6
BoysMama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Smile Re: Which Infant Seat?

I chose other. I had a Eddie Bauer and I LOVED it. I like the way it attaches to grocery carts and into the base but I have also looked at getting a graco step 1 infant seat next time. They hold babies up to 32 inches instead of 29 and like 30 lbs instead of 20. They are a little more expensive but I know you can get them at wal*mart, toys r' us and I think Target.
Old 06-18-2007, 10:06 PM   #7
Mom2Gray
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

SungRides get great safety ratings...I'm pretty sure it's one of the top couple. We loves ours, for what that's worth.
Mom2Gray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:09 PM   #8
Cheaven
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Gray View Post
SungRides get great safety ratings...I'm pretty sure it's one of the top couple. We loves ours, for what that's worth.
I was just about to post that. The ratings are great and since it is really only used for at most a year it is priced perfect! Save the money for a Britax Marathon or something.
Cheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:16 PM   #9
nikkiof5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoysMama View Post
I chose other. I had a Eddie Bauer and I LOVED it. I like the way it attaches to grocery carts and into the base but I have also looked at getting a graco step 1 infant seat next time. They hold babies up to 32 inches instead of 29 and like 30 lbs instead of 20. They are a little more expensive but I know you can get them at wal*mart, toys r' us and I think Target.
WHat is the difference between the Step 1 and the Snugride? Just the weight and height limits?
Old 06-18-2007, 10:20 PM   #10
lunamoth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I vited other because I don't do "baby buckets"...we have a Britax Decathlon and a Britax Marathon, (one for each car) (we could afford to because we didn't have to buy anything besides diapers and car seats for this baby...Number One Grandchild on both sides ) and hopefully won't have to buy any other car seats! Carrying babies around in those bucket things causes lots of bursitis and other medical/painful problems for the parents.

BUT...as for the discussion about little babies fitting in the seats...we bought a "Snuzzler" pillow ourselves...it's a body-shaped pillow that helps a small baby fit better and more securely in the car seat. Maybe it's not too late to put Snuzzlers on your registry? Wal Mart Online has them for just under $20.

We put ours away at about 14 weeks, but our 95th percentile DD is a BIG girl!!!!!!! Odds are that your twins will be smaller. I'll betcha it would help a LOT with the fit.

That was THE best purchase we made during the first couple of weeks! It was painful watching her head hanging down to her chest during a car ride, or her whole body sliiiiding over to one side, LOL.

Last edited by lunamoth; 06-18-2007 at 10:23 PM.
lunamoth is offline   Reply With Quote