Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
LovelyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
My baby is too natural :o(

This just a little vent:

I have a litle girl and I am getting a little bummed. I like things plain and simple with her
~no earrings
~no hair bows ( she doesn't have much hair)
~No shoes

I mean for the most part she just wears her wool pants and a white t shirt ( I bought a whole bunch from old navy)

I gte so much hassle from other people, they call her a little boy, make negative comments baout my baby wearing and cloth diapers ( I use prefolds and pins or snappis) I just get it all the way around.

Sometimes I want her to have on something cutsy but most clothing does not fit over her wool. I'm just looking for a little support. I'm feeling really low right about now, not to metion I'm homeschooling my three year old who swears he know none of his letters right now ( he knows them all) I just feel all alone

Advertisement

I'm swaggin now!! Come join me
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Niknak22
LovelyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:01 AM   #2
Gavin&Brent'sMommy
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My baby is too natural :o(

I don't have any advice Mama but
Old 06-19-2007, 11:03 AM   #3
4chixmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry mama. For what it's worth, from your avatar picture, you can totally tell your baby is a little girl. There is nothing remotely boyish about her face, I don't care how she's dressed. Mine HAS earrings, & wears a lot of pink, & people still call her a boy. People just don't think before they speak.
4chixmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:04 AM   #4
my4blessings
Registered Users
Formerly: my3kiddos
seller

My Mood:

Maybe you could get some fabric paint and stamps and make her t-shirts cutsy? I think it is awesome that you are able to keep things plain and simple! As for the 3 yo....mine does the same thing....I think it is just the age!
Old 06-19-2007, 11:08 AM   #5
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

There is no such thing as a too natural baby!

Not every baby needs to look like a catalog baby model or a little billboard for mama's fashion sense. My baby will be as 'plain' and 'natural' as yours! And while my mom and others say that is 'no fun,' the baby isn't a little doll - and certainly not theirs even so! - or a little mannequin or Yorkie dog that needs to be gussied up for show every second of its life. That is my

While miniature fashionistas who DO color coordinate from wool to dipe to custom tee to hair bows to sparkly earrings can be cute, it just isn't every mama's style. You chose what you chose because it's who you are and what you want for your baby - there is nothig wrong with that! Please don't let others change your feelings about yourself and your choices!

No flames, please. I get very sick of hearing the too-plain complaint about our lives all the time, too!

R

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:08 AM   #6
LovelyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

today is just a rough day mentally for me. I would like to stencil her shirts!! Tha sound slike fun I have never done that before, where do I go to learn??

Old 06-19-2007, 11:10 AM   #7
ommelissa
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

don't be sad, mama, you are doing what's right for your little family and i admire you for it!
you know, three year olds can be very stubborn! my two year old is that way, too. i think it's a control issue.
and you can get some cute little girlie colored tops to blend with your wool at walmart or target.
ommelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #8
eandesmom
Banned
seller

My Mood:

mama!
Maybe you could some more colorful (girly) shirts to pair with your wool? Maybe you could handpaint them?

We haven't pierced either of our girls ears, Emily doesn't wear shoes (why would she, she isn't walking?) we do have some cutesy clothes for her, and I love cute diapers, but I have a feeling in the winter, she will be in wool A LOT!

It's hard to be different, but worth it!
eandesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:13 AM   #9
LovelyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosella View Post
There is no such thing as a too natural baby!

Not every baby needs to look like a catalog baby model or a little billboard for mama's fashion sense. My baby will be as 'plain' and 'natural' as yours! And while my mom and others say that is 'no fun,' the baby isn't a little doll - and certainly not theirs even so! - or a little mannequin or Yorkie dog that needs to be gussied up for show every second of its life. That is my

While miniature fashionistas who DO color coordinate from wool to dipe to custom tee to hair bows to sparkly earrings can be cute, it just isn't every mama's style. You chose what you chose because it's who you are and what you want for your baby - there is nothig wrong with that! Please don't let others change your feelings about yourself and your choices!

No flames, please. I get very sick of hearing the too-plain complaint about our lives all the time, too!

R
Thats how I feel too. People in our life though don't really understand or support our parenting ways. It's like I have to fight my whole way through this journey of being a mom, it's all been uphill. The only one who understands is DH, and even when he does not, he does not put me down he just lets me go with my heart.
My style is natural... I wish everything I have could be simple and organic, but thats not possible right now or maybe ever! But my baby is the closest thing and I love it. I don't want to change but it is hard to be alone all the time, no friends or mentors or support. Just me, the Lord and my DH and kids.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:14 AM   #10
leeann82
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Honestly mama, even if you had her head to toe in pink ruffled clothes with big bows on her head, people would still call her a boy. I get it all the time(not that i dress them like that) People just don't pay attention. I can dress them in pink dresses and cute little shoes and they still get called boys. Your DD totally looks like a girl, people are just weird!

we have that same hat too!
DD#1 12/22/01
Twin DD's 03/15/06
leeann82 is offline   Reply With Quote