Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-19-2007, 11:15 AM   #11
LovelyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My baby is too natural :o(

Thanks mama's for the listening ear and kind hearts

Advertisement

I'm swaggin now!! Come join me
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Niknak22
LovelyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:16 AM   #12
keikiko
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

They've got stencils and everything you'll need at Michael's and most other craft stores. It's fun my 2.5 y/o DD helps and while she has some funny lookin' tees she has a blast. We taught her colors while making shirts.

And if you're happy with the way your DD looks then phooy to everyone else. Don't let other people's opinions get to you mama--just think you probably aren't in love with some of the things your mom has in her closet so why does it matter if she thinks DD should look like a cabbage patch? I tell my Mom that she can buy it if she wants my DD to wear it. And sometimes she does and I do let her wear the things my Mom buys--most of the time anyways. But since we use so much wool with DS she's gotten used to just buying him tees. She even bought me some khaki color yarn once (acrylic though) so I could make him some khakis! Of course she though this was entirely needed to complete a suitable wardrobe.

Just be you and don't let everyone get you.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:17 AM   #13
Inkdboy
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Oh mama thats tough, especially when you want best for her and your family...I know its tough to hear neg comments...

Hey I got a great idea, maybe you have some wahm crochet or knit up some cutsy headbands for her to coordinate with her wool...

My life is plain...and I hear so many comments about it... I'm happy and if your happy with the things you have chosen for your children and the things you do. Thats all that matters... Good luck mama
Inkdboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:17 AM   #14
ferrferr
Banned
seller

My Mood:

That is DD# at about 10 months old. The blue Mudpie diaper does nothing to prove that she's a little girl. She's lacked hair until she was nearly 2 years old. If it wasn't for the fact that I put her in pink no one would have know she was a little girl. I had people who KNEW better call her a boy by accident. There's really no mistaking it now though thankfully. Hopefully DD#2 will not have the same problem.
ferrferr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:39 AM   #15
Cheyanne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well I do from time to time "doll" my girls up but on most days they are in a diaper and a shirt sometimes not shirt
Cheyanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:43 AM   #16
FancifulFanny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If your dd is too natural does that make their kids artificial?

She's your daughter - do what You feel in her heart is right. They can do what they want with their own kids.
FancifulFanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:49 AM   #17
mamandeyuri
Registered Users

My Mood:

I got the same flack with ds1- I didn't coordinate his outfits, no Weeboks here lol. I buy his clothes at a consignment shop. Oh well, there's more to life than looking good. My ds wears a Disana soaker and some tshirt everyday. Those people are paying my bills so I don't worry about them.

PS- I am not a fashionista but a co-worker who got unexpectedy preggo called me "motherly" lol
mamandeyuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 11:55 AM   #18
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can you buy plain dresses for her that would fit over the wool? I've never heard of anyone mistaking a child in a dress for a boy....
Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:03 PM   #19
LovelyMum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourpatch_babe View Post
Can you buy plain dresses for her that would fit over the wool? I've never heard of anyone mistaking a child in a dress for a boy....

I'm learning to sew now... I just haven't made a dress yet, I don't know if I will, when she crawls or is in her sling the dresses get a bunched up. I would like to try the stencilled tshirts. Maybe I could crochet a headband or two but I don't think she will keep them on!

I'm swaggin now!! Come join me
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Niknak22
LovelyMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:10 PM   #20
Bukawww
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We do it natural here too! I am NOT a girly girl - I never had dreams of having little girls and doing their hair and dressing them up. And then I had 3 girls (well, when #3 gets here). DD1 is a princess anyway - not sure how that happened cause I pretty much refused to let her wear pink for a good while. DD2 is a rough and tumble kind of kid. DD2 is almost 2 and still rarely wears shoes in the summer. Most of the time, their hair is either down or in pig tails/pony tails with scrunchies. They wear shorts and t-shirts. Very practical here. Neither has their ears pierced. I have admitted defeat to pinks and purples, but they still wear blues, greens, and black too.

The rest of my family are all girly...some times I envy them but mostly I know that I get to raise my kids the way I raise them...and at least I am not making them high needs for their future husbands
DS WAHM thread
Bukawww is offline   Reply With Quote