Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-26-2010, 10:59 PM   #11
curious_kitty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I love the feelings that BFing evoke in me

I honestly think that God designed BFing to get moms to stop and take a few minutes to relax! I really enjoy it! Love how their eyes roll back...

Advertisement

Earn free $$ w/Swagbucks! MOMS - get paid to answer surveys! HUGE discounts for Etsy shops & $5 FREE credit
curious_kitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:23 PM   #12
ducttape
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
I can be having a stressful day and totally whacked out... but when I sit down to nurse the baby, I just get this flood of love in my chest, and it just makes me feel so much better, and relaxed.

God bless!
I totally understand that flood of love. I've always loved nursing her, but now it's even more precious, because she's constantly wanting to get out of our arms and grab this, reach for that, etc. when we try to just hold her. (Even as a newborn, she only likes to be cradled during feedings, otherwise it's snuggling up on the shoulder.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle_M View Post
We're working on transitioning from co-sleeping to having him in his crib. I nurse him or wear him until he's asleep, then put him in his crib.. and honestly... when I go to bed I just can't sleep.. I toss and turn until he wakes up to nurse. Then I bring him to bed to me, and finally fall asleep while he's nursing. And we cuddle the rest of the night.

I've also started laying down to nurse him a few times during the day. I put cartoons on for the older two and go nurse the baby. Even though I don't go to sleep (have the other two to keep an ear out for) it gives me a time to relax, and helps to soften my mood!

God bless!
This is EXACTLY us! We put the crib together 2 nights ago and she slept in it. I was NOT ready for her to be out of our room. I was awake tossing and turning for HOURS until she woke up and DH brought her to our room, and then she nursed and snuggled with me all night (and we weren't really bed-sharers before; she slept in the arm's reach co-sleeper attached to the bed until breakfast, then we snuggled and snoozed for a bit longer together in the big bed). Only problem with that is that she's a super snugglebug (as in, a MEGA bedhog), and I ended up sleeping on the very edge of the bed with my elbow hanging off into her co-sleeper! I fell asleep nursing her between us that night...that had never happened before and I know it's not a good thing to do since DH is such a heavy sleeper, but when I woke up, rolled over, and saw my two favorite people grinning at me with the same eyes and matching noses, I just melted. Totally worth accidentally breaking the rules. And then she attacked my boob.
Mama to Greta, born in January 2010, and expecting Baby Girl #2 in March
ducttape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 03:07 PM   #13
Michelle_M
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducttape View Post
I totally understand that flood of love. I've always loved nursing her, but now it's even more precious, because she's constantly wanting to get out of our arms and grab this, reach for that, etc. when we try to just hold her. (Even as a newborn, she only likes to be cradled during feedings, otherwise it's snuggling up on the shoulder.)

This is EXACTLY us! We put the crib together 2 nights ago and she slept in it. I was NOT ready for her to be out of our room. I was awake tossing and turning for HOURS until she woke up and DH brought her to our room, and then she nursed and snuggled with me all night (and we weren't really bed-sharers before; she slept in the arm's reach co-sleeper attached to the bed until breakfast, then we snuggled and snoozed for a bit longer together in the big bed). Only problem with that is that she's a super snugglebug (as in, a MEGA bedhog), and I ended up sleeping on the very edge of the bed with my elbow hanging off into her co-sleeper! I fell asleep nursing her between us that night...that had never happened before and I know it's not a good thing to do since DH is such a heavy sleeper, but when I woke up, rolled over, and saw my two favorite people grinning at me with the same eyes and matching noses, I just melted. Totally worth accidentally breaking the rules. And then she attacked my boob.
That's cute. I end up with DS between me and hubby all the time. I am a side sleeper, and I roll over several times a night, so when I roll over, I take Levi with me. So he ends up between DH and I. I'm not too worried about it though. For one, DH and I aren't cuddlers when it comes to sleeping. We cuddle for a little bit while we're awake, then each roll to our side of the bed. And it's a king size bed, so there is plenty of room (unless all three boys are in there with us, LOL). And secondly, I'm pretty aware of DH's movements and of the baby.

Hugs
God bless!

PS There is stil la Fat Tire in my fridge with your name on it

Send a custom greeting card from Just Because Stationery!Because you don't need a reason to show you care. Caring is reason enough!!!
Michelle_M is offline   Reply With Quote